Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Apr 8, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #8,116 of 13,132
  Got a great custom cable from Impact Audio Cables:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/246744934/custom-infinity-series-audeze-lcd?ref=shop_home_feat_1

Really good quality and it won't break the bank.

Those certainly look like awesome cables and the price is great. Nice find.

Apr 8, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #8,117 of 13,132
@PETEREK also worth a mention for cables.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/779584/lightbox/

Apr 8, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #8,119 of 13,132
It tangles really easy...at least the one I have does. It's sounds fine. I heard a silver might improve the sq? I'm pretty new so I'm just wondering

Members who have been on here a while tend to side-step the cable material effect on the sound presentation...it's a hot debate topic.

Apr 9, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #8,121 of 13,132
It tangles really easy...at least the one I have does. It's sounds fine. I heard a silver might improve the sq? I'm pretty new so I'm just wondering

If you want to waste your hard-earned money, yeah sure, go and buy some cables. I mean you won't hear any difference but some idiot will tell you there's a difference. YOLO right?..

Apr 9, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #8,122 of 13,132
If you want to waste your hard-earned money, yeah sure, go and buy some cables. I mean you won't hear any difference but some idiot will tell you there's a difference. YOLO right?..

Not cool. A difference of opinion is all that it is.

Apr 9, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #8,123 of 13,132
Hmm if the difference really is a placebo effect and is all in your mind and not actually physically there, does it count as better sound? 
popcorn.gif

Apr 9, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #8,124 of 13,132
Hmm if the difference really is a placebo effect and is all in your mind and not actually physically there, does it count as better sound? :popcorn:  

A question for the Sound Science forum, not the LCD-2 thread.

Apr 9, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #8,125 of 13,132
Is science shunned up here? I don't think it was cool of that other guy to call anyone an idiot but there is actual evidence (such as the link with Tyll) backing up that argument. Someone asked if getting a wire was worth it for sound quality, there's clearly two sides to that, one side of the argument is subjective while the other has numbers.

Apr 9, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #8,126 of 13,132
Is science shunned up here? I don't think it was cool of that other guy to call anyone an idiot but there is actual evidence (such as the link with Tyll) backing up that argument.

It's a topic that is not relevant to the LCD-2, and more than likely will get heated with varied opinions. There are threads about cable differences specifically which would be more appropriate and fruitful to the question you posted is all.

:)

Edit: Yes it may be relevant if asking how the cable sounds with the LCD, but the general question asked is more geared toward the science of cables making audible changes, which is off topic.

Apr 9, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #8,127 of 13,132
  Is science shunned up here? I don't think it was cool of that other guy to call anyone an idiot but there is actual evidence (such as the link with Tyll) backing up that argument. Someone asked if getting a wire was worth it for sound quality, there's clearly two sides to that, one side of the argument is subjective while the other has numbers.

Not picking on you but some threads have been locked by the moderators if they remain off topic, the HD-600 thread was getting off topic so the moderator gave warnings

Apr 9, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #8,129 of 13,132
Amping makes the biggest difference for LCD-2. Not cabling. A well-engineered HP (or electronic component) should not need cabling to enahnce its sound profile. imo.

Apr 9, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #8,130 of 13,132
Not cool. A difference of opinion is all that it is.

Well, maybe. However, some people exaggerate the imaginary improvements so much that they cause people to waste their money. I would feel bad if floppiness spent his money in that way, instead of getting a better dac/amp or headphones. 99% of the time, reputable audio companies include high quality cables in the package. I would only understand buying a new cable if the stock one is too short/long for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back