Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Apr 8, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #8,103 of 13,132
On another note, I am seriously curious about Audeze driver variability/silent revisions. I wish we could all get together somewhere and listen to each others' LCD-2s lol. I cant put mine away since they came back from repair, its ridiculous...now i'm hoping they never break again because i honestly dont know what i will get back

Apr 8, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #8,105 of 13,132
  In an undamped system, a forced vibration at the natural frequency of any material will give you resonance and this would be audible.  But I feel like this is more of consideration for driver construction, especially in an open-backed headphone.

It is with honor, I give you the "Trolliest Troll of the Year" award. seriously, hahahaha. Honestly your sarcasm is on point...the passive aggression is just sublime man, kudos

Apr 8, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #8,106 of 13,132
  if it were the LCD-XC then there might be a difference...just looking at the design of the open LCDs the choice of wood cannot possibly affect the sound in any meaningful way no?

The type of wood makes a difference for Grados but then the amount of wood in the grado cup is much higher in proportion compared to the LCD-2/3, the LCD-XC with the entire back made of wood will have its sound affected by different types of wood, similar to the TH-X00 (mahogany vs purple heart)

Apr 8, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #8,107 of 13,132
  The type of wood makes a difference for Grados but then the amount of wood in the grado cup is much higher in proportion compared to the LCD-2/3, the LCD-XC with the entire back made of wood will have its sound affected by different types of wood, similar to the TH-X00 (mahogany vs purple heart)

my thoughts exactly

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #8,110 of 13,132
Would a cable upgrade be worthwhile? I don't like the stock one very much. 

Cables are really a personal choice, hard to tell someone else they matter. I got a DHC Complement 4 for mine and I notice more detailed, cohesive sound. Worth the price? That's a totally personal decision.

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #8,111 of 13,132

Well do you mean you don't like the physical design or the sonic character you think it gives ? That's a start...

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #8,112 of 13,132
Boys, an sonic variation with vegan vs lambskin pads?

Vegan have to have at least a little more sound absorption, right? So I guess yes.

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #8,113 of 13,132
Vegan have to have at least a little more sound absorption, right? So I guess yes.

It has come up before, Vegan vs lambskin - and official word is there is no difference.

Apr 8, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #8,114 of 13,132

My stock cable was coming apart after a year so I bought a Forza Audioworks cable that I totally love. It's pretty pricey, but the para cord construction of it is very durable. It also looks way better. I have the Noir Hybrid and I definitely think it tightened up the bass and added a little more clarity.

Apr 8, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #8,115 of 13,132
Got a great custom cable from Impact Audio Cables:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/246744934/custom-infinity-series-audeze-lcd?ref=shop_home_feat_1

Really good quality and it won't break the bank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back