Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #8,071 of 13,132

Hmm, maybe you just got a bad pair of these ear pads. I would send this photo to Audeze customer support - after all, these are expensive items and you can expect a long life, maybe they will help you. I think it's definitively worth a shot.

Cheers.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've contacted them, got a discount offer for a replacement. Will get a new pair to replace the current one :) 

Apr 4, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #8,072 of 13,132
Thanks for the suggestion. I've contacted them, got a discount offer for a replacement. Will get a new pair to replace the current one :) 

It looks like those are the old pads. They'll be sending you LCD-2.2 pads, which are much nicer.

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #8,073 of 13,132
It looks like those are the old pads. They'll be sending you LCD-2.2 pads, which are much nicer.

Thanks. Sure hope so :)   Already placed order, but this time I opted for the non-leather ones. The current leather ones only look bad, but they are still very nice and comfortable. The peelings are only at the edges.

Apr 5, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #8,074 of 13,132
I wonder if I can send my 2014 LCD2f to get an update to the new sound signature - I would love to have better bass slam and impact. Happy to pay for the update if reasonable. I shall contact Audeze support and see.

Cheers!

Apr 5, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #8,076 of 13,132
Mine was manufactured nov 2015. So this one is not yet the silent revision model?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

It could be... I think it started during October-November so it probably is. But only Audeze can verify that.

Apr 5, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #8,077 of 13,132
Mine was manufactured nov 2015. So this one is not yet the silent revision model?

It could be... I think it started during October-November so it probably is. But only Audeze can verify that.
thanks. Based from the fr graph compared to older fazor models, I think mine is the new silent revision

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #8,078 of 13,132
thanks. Based from the fr graph compared to older fazor models, I think mine is the new silent revision

I hope that means that my 2,2s come back from dead driver replacement with that flavour of fazor. (Left driver called it quit after 2 years)

Then again, I've already committed to an LCD3 upgrade and am thoroughly enjoying a demo pair at home while waiting for my actual set to come in, so that might be a moot point if I decide to sell the 2s. 

While I enjoyed my 2.2s to bits, I'd always felt that there was a bit of congestion when I fed them with complex music. That is definitely not the case with the 3s, amongst other things. One thing I do have to concede to the 2s is that for all their lack of high end refinement, they more than make up for it with their thumping presence and slamming bass. I may yet keep them. :)

LCD 2 for proper rocking out with edm/alternative and LCD 3 for classical/jazz/everything else? Sounds like a plan.

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #8,079 of 13,132
  I wonder if I can send my 2014 LCD2f to get an update to the new sound signature - I would love to have better bass slam and impact. Happy to pay for the update if reasonable. I shall contact Audeze support and see.

Cheers!

So quoting myself....

I heard back from Audeze. You can send in your LCD-2 for complete transducer change - which will update the sound signature to the latest and greatest. Costs are $250 plus shipping. I am pretty convinced to do it, but have to wait until after a local meet up.

Great customer service from Audeze. It's so good to know that this is offered to customers!! Respect!

Cheers!

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #8,080 of 13,132

So quoting myself....

I heard back from Audeze. You can send in your LCD-2 for complete transducer change - which will update the sound signature to the latest and greatest. Costs are $250 plus shipping. I am pretty convinced to do it, but have to wait until after a local meet up.

Great customer service from Audeze. It's so good to know that this is offered to customers!! Respect!

Cheers!

Looking forward to impressions on the transducer change.

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #8,081 of 13,132

Cheers!

So quoting myself....

Cheers!

Sorry-for both transducers?

Thanks

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #8,082 of 13,132
Apr 5, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #8,084 of 13,132

So quoting myself....

Cheers!

This puts my earlier argument into different lights.
I find it great that Audeze offers this. Makes pointless to rename slightly improved/updated LCD2 models.
Thanks for the info.

Apr 5, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #8,085 of 13,132

I think this could be true. I've got an 'Oct 15 LCD-2f that sounded very similar to a pre-fazor 2.2 with better treble and soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back