Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Aug 25, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #6,451 of 13,132
Our warranty starts on the sale of the product. This is what we state on our website, product literature etc.
Our customer service representative is new and incorrectly emailed the customer that it starts on day of manufacture. As many of you point out, this is rather silly and we did not catch it before it went out. It also points out that our internal training is insufficient.We are reviewing our internal training and also checking if any other customer has received incorrect information in the past. Apologies to KC7384 for having him go through the messy ordeal. 

We want all our customers to be happy, so we will do our best to get them resolved. 

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Aug 25, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #6,452 of 13,132
  Our warranty starts on the sale of the product. This is what we state on our website, product literature etc.
Our customer service representative is new and incorrectly emailed the customer that it starts on day of manufacture. As many of you point out, this is rather silly and we did not catch it before it went out. It also points out that our internal training is insufficient.We are reviewing our internal training and also checking if any other customer has received incorrect information in the past. Apologies to KC7384 for having him go through the messy ordeal. 

We want all our customers to be happy, so we will do our best to get them resolved. 

Thanks for your reply, xsankar.

The representative mentioned my headphones' warranty was expired and "The warranty period starts from the date of manufacture of the headphones" for 3 times in the emails. Customer never know the representative is newbie or not, just knows the guy who represents the company, right? I will never know the truth If I didn't post my issue on this forum. That means the customers need to make a post on head-fi forum when their headphones need to repair, right?

In fact I am still waiting for the further solution from Audeze, but no one contacts me for 6 days!

Aug 26, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #6,454 of 13,132

I'd also note that I have seen places where a company might fall back to date of manufacture if no accurate date of purchase can be obtained.  This often happens when a company has a transferrable warranty and information wasn't linked between them... or hard drive manufacturers. Where you couldn't possibly be out of warranty, because the item was manufactured within the warranty period.

At any rate, I had been figuring as soon as the first post went up, that this would be the result.

Sep 4, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #6,455 of 13,132
ok I just received my 2.1's.  Aside from what I said about the situation with the Audeze themselves, these cans are pretty darn good... Everything is spot on with things that I like.  What I feel odd, is that people say the lcd are dark sounding, I don't find them dark at all.  They are on par with the AD's that I tried.  Which is perfect for me.  

Now the decision is, do I keep these...  Also a situation arose with the headphones not matching what the seller described.

Are there other options out there, if I decide not to keep these?

Sep 4, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #6,456 of 13,132
ok I just received my 2.1's.  Aside from what I said about the situation with the Audeze themselves, these cans are pretty darn good... Everything is spot on with things that I like.  What I feel odd, is that people say the lcd are dark sounding, I don't find them dark at all.  They are on par with the AD's that I tried.  Which is perfect for me.  

Now the decision is, do I keep these...  Also a situation arose with the headphones not matching what the seller described.

That's what I also thought. I never really thought it was dark sounding until I bought a HD800. It's definitely darker than the hd800 but not too dark.

I say keep it. And if you're looking for another option I suggest buying a hd800. You'll never go wrong with these 2 cans IMO. These for me, are 2 different top notch flavors that complements well.

Congratulations on your audeze!

Sep 4, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #6,457 of 13,132

I would keep them unless you can grab the 2.2 which is a tad clearer. For me the 2.1 and 2.2 are better than the new 2F particularly if you like bass.

Sep 4, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #6,459 of 13,132
Thanks for the help guys, but I think I'm gonna return these 2.1s and fork out the money to get a new pair.  I don't see me and the seller coming to a good solution for the situation.

Don't know why audeze didn't keep the non-fazor in the lineup.  From reading, it seems like a lot of people don't like the fazor for loud listening levels.  The reason i'm liking these headphones.  I can go loud without the treble screeching at me. Plus I love bass :)

Sep 7, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #6,461 of 13,132
I just dropped the $$$ on some LCD-2Fs (used here in the classifieds). My biggest investment so far in my audio adventure. I will say, I was set on the LCD-X. I heard it at a meet and loved the hell out of it, but saw the LCD-2F FR graphs vs the -3 and -X and figured I'd be dumb to spend that much more for a VERY similar response. I know imaging isnt measured in those graphs, but I took a chance on the -2F. I just wanted to get my feet wet with Audeze. 

I still do love the all black look of the X, I wonder if there is someone in the -X thread that'd want a bamboo wood trim..

I simply cannot help it. I love to change schiit about my stuff, I haven't even received the -2F and I'm already wanting to make it all black.

Sep 7, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #6,462 of 13,132
Haven't heard the LCD2f... but I owned the 2.2 before... upgraded to the X... and I haven't looked back. It's better in every way (IMO). An argument could be made that the bass isn't "as good" but to my ears, the bass of the LCD2.2 is simply greater in quantity... not better in quality. I find the bass in the LCDX to be punchier, more detailed with greater realism and transparency. YMMV

Sep 7, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #6,463 of 13,132
  Haven't heard the LCD2f... but I owned the 2.2 before... upgraded to the X... and I haven't looked back. It's better in every way (IMO). An argument could be made that the bass isn't "as good" but to my ears, the bass of the LCD2.2 is simply greater in quantity... not better in quality. I find the bass in the LCDX to be punchier, more detailed with greater realism and transparency. YMMV

If the X goes not as low as the 2.2 it will give you the impression to be more precise and punchy. So it can be psychoacoustic.

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #6,464 of 13,132
  If the X goes not as low as the 2.2 it will give you the impression to be more precise and punchy. So it can be psychoacoustic.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/audeze-lcd-x-fazor-and-fresh-listen-current-lcd-2-and-lcd-3-measurements#1mqWwYPxcKx9Bg6j.97

The measurements indicate that there is little to no difference in the extension of the bass. Ergo, not likely.

Sep 8, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #6,465 of 13,132
  Thanks for your reply, xsankar.

The representative mentioned my headphones' warranty was expired and "The warranty period starts from the date of manufacture of the headphones" for 3 times in the emails. Customer never know the representative is newbie or not, just knows the guy who represents the company, right? I will never know the truth If I didn't post my issue on this forum. That means the customers need to make a post on head-fi forum when their headphones need to repair, right?

In fact I am still waiting for the further solution from Audeze, but no one contacts me for 6 days!

@KC7384 Did your situation get resolved?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back