Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Sep 28, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #4,157 of 13,132
  I'm finally upgrading my LCD-2 rev.1 to LCD-2 Fazor.  The Fazor pushed me over to upgrade.

How does it compare in bass/sub-bass ?
Edit : I'm really curious as you have had the 2.1 brain burn-in. If it is equal or better then I'd look at the newer model for all the other improvements. I just went for 2.1 based on quite a few old model owners saying it was not the same.

Sep 28, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #4,158 of 13,132
It's coming  tomorrow.  I all ready expect that the meatiness in the sound, the heavy and denseness in the bass impact and thickness in the midrange will be gone.  I expect the Fazored LCD to have lighter, faster, tighter bass and thinner and cleaner midrange.
But also expect to be so much more open, spacious and airer in the sound and soundstage.   I wish I could have the LCD-2.1 and LCD-2F.
But can't afford both.  

With these expectations, I'll see how they are tomorrow. 

Sep 28, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #4,159 of 13,132
I'm joining your ranks tomorrow. An awesome head-fi'er sold me his pre-fazor (2.1) along with a Schiit Lyr and V-DAC.

I said for so long that I would not become a guy with such equipment, and here I am.

Lordy, I'm gonna end up with an LCD-3, I can just feel it...

Sep 28, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #4,160 of 13,132
I'm joining your ranks tomorrow. An awesome head-fi'er sold me his pre-fazor (2.1) along with a Schiit Lyr and V-DAC.

I said for so long that I would not become a guy with such equipment, and here I am.

Knowing how much you like the m-100 bass I'd suggest you take some time to get used to the Audeze. It's quite a bit different. Stay away from the Vmoda's for about a week until you get used to the LCD planar sound.

Welcome to the club!! :)

Edit: If you're anything like me then yes, you're going to end up with the LCD-3, LCD-X or LCD-XC. It's inevitable. :D

Sep 28, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #4,161 of 13,132
Knowing how much you like the m-100 bass I'd suggest you take some time to get used to the Audeze. It's quite a bit different. Stay away from the Vmoda's for about a week until you get used to the LCD planar sound.

Welcome to the club!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: If you're anything like me then yes, you're going to end up with the LCD-3, LCD-X or LCD-XC. It's inevitable.
biggrin.gif

I've been listening more to my X1s and SE846 lately. The M100 chills out for when I need it.

I'm looking forward to a more transparent and airy sound. The response curve the seller showed me is crazy:

Methinks I will rather enjoy them, haha. 

Sep 28, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #4,162 of 13,132
I've been listening more to my X1s and SE846 lately. The M100 chills out for when I need it.

I'm looking forward to a more transparent and airy sound. The response curve the seller showed me is crazy:

Methinks I will rather enjoy them, haha. 

Ooooh, that's a nice graph for bass. Less treble than mine by a few db (LCD-2.2 December/2013) and ruler flat.

Let us know how you like them! :wink:

Sep 28, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #4,164 of 13,132
  It's coming  tomorrow.  I all ready expect that the meatiness in the sound, the heavy and denseness in the bass impact and thickness in the midrange will be gone.  I expect the Fazored LCD to have lighter, faster, tighter bass and thinner and cleaner midrange.
But also expect to be so much more open, spacious and airer in the sound and soundstage.   I wish I could have the LCD-2.1 and LCD-2F.
But can't afford both.  

With these expectations, I'll see how they are tomorrow. 

This is exactly what I expect as well. I personally love the intimacy and dense fluidity of my pre fazor pair of LCD2's, so I've refused the urge to upgrade so far. I just don't think that I want to hunt for an airier soundstage and a "cleaned up" low end - I knew what I was buying with the LCD 2's. If I feel like going after that, I'll get a new pair of headphones, but my 2's are staying put as is.

Yeah, thats what I always told myself, too. Started off with a pair of $20 earphones, and now I sit here with happy ears and an empty wallet - no regrets!

Sep 28, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #4,166 of 13,132

A great combination!

Nice, saw your A-Dog picture as well....how do they compare to each other( LCD-2/A-Dog) on that same mobile rig.....?

Sep 29, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #4,167 of 13,132

Not sure, the developer is fast to respond. Maybe if it was 3x the price, expectation bias would it expose it to more people....He is using an obscure Wolfson chip.

I'm gonna get that thing or at least communicate with them. For sounding like what I want + multiple digital input and that price...it's a steal. 

Sep 29, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #4,168 of 13,132
  I'm gonna get that thing or at least communicate with them. For sounding like what I want + multiple digital input and that price...it's a steal. 

Long as you buy a separate amp for your LCD-2s...the internal amp is aimed at dynamics.
Though he has nearly finished a dedicated headphone amp with lots of dial in for a wider range of cans.

Sep 29, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #4,169 of 13,132
I have been debating on getting hd800, but I'm unsure what to do! I love my lcd2 fazor but sometimes I find myself wanting more as well as wanting a bigger soundstage.

Not sure what I should do!

I was in the same situation a few month ago, now that i bought the hd800 i do kinda regret buying it (just a very small amount). HD800 sound's sound stage is extremely large, but after awhile you realize its actually not that much bigger than lcd2's sound stage (i don't even have the fazer stuff, my definition of soundstage is how big the room playing the sound is). Then you find out that HD800 even though has that great sound stage and clarity is quite fatiguing to listen to long term(2-3 hours or more). 

HD800 is better technical wise(can't really argue with this) and is much more comfortable than LCD2, weight and fit wise but for late night gaming and studying LCD2 wins. [size=13.1428575515747px]So now that i have many hours(1 year on lcd2 and about 3 month with hd800) on both headphones i have to say if i can only keep one its going to be LCD2.[/size]

Okay of course you can eq hd800 to get rid of the highs but... why buy the headphone if you are going to eq, and everything is out of schiit asgard 2 and bifrost (i don't think amp and dac makes that much difference unless you go tube, just my opinion...)

one extra note stax 009 isn't that much better than lcd2 and hd800 get any one of these and you won't be missing out by much XD

[size=13.1428575515747px]Hopefully this is enough to convince you to keep your money in your pockets lol[/size]

everything is my opinion 

Sep 29, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #4,170 of 13,132
  I was in the same situation a few month ago, now that i bought the hd800 i do kinda regret buying it (just a very small amount). HD800 sound's sound stage is extremely large, but after awhile you realize its actually not that much bigger than lcd2's sound stage (i don't even have the fazer stuff, my definition of soundstage is how big the room playing the sound is). Then you find out that HD800 even though has that great sound stage and clarity is quite fatiguing to listen to long term(2-3 hours or more). 

HD800 is better technical wise(can't really argue with this) and is much more comfortable than LCD2, weight and fit wise but for late night gaming and studying LCD2 wins. [size=13.1428575515747px]So now that i have many hours(1 year on lcd2 and about 3 month with hd800) on both headphones i have to say if i can only keep one its going to be LCD2.[/size]

Okay of course you can eq hd800 to get rid of the highs but... why buy the headphone if you are going to eq, and everything is out of schiit asgard 2 and bifrost (i don't think amp and dac makes that much difference unless you go tube, just my opinion...)

one extra note stax 009 isn't that much better than lcd2 and hd800 get any one of these and you won't be missing out by much XD

[size=13.1428575515747px]Hopefully this is enough to convince you to keep your money in your pockets lol[/size]

everything is my opinion 

I tend to agree. Every few months I go through a phase of wanting HD800s and then we have a meet and I spend some time with the HD800s and come home completely satisfied with my T1s and LCD-2s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back