Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jul 18, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #3,556 of 13,132
  well its a personal problem not audeze, i am sure many like the sound sig u mentioned but i noticed that I love heavy bass and i don't have a good headphone yet that audiophile bass heavy

All i can say I wish that the audeze has the same bass punch as sms 50 cent, they are really good in bass, but lack in details and high and mids recessed

i bought the audeze from review thinking it is considered having a good bass, and that is where i did a mistake I love bass and its feel, how it add flavour to music instead of a flat signature

i need help in really finding bass audiophile headphone and to be warm without treble of high shouty issues

ZMF x Vibro
Shure 1540

Have a look into those two cans. 

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #3,557 of 13,132
Does anyone know if Audeze is still experiencing failing (dead) drivers with new LCD2 headphones or did they sort that out completely now?

I'm thinking of buying a new pair of LCD2s, but am afraid if they are still having driver reliability issues. My current LCD2s had 3 driver failures in the past 3 years.. not exactly a reassuring record :frowning2:

Jul 18, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #3,558 of 13,132

ZMF x Vibro
Shure 1540

Have a look into those two cans. 

how different is the zmf different than mad dogs 3.2

Jul 18, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #3,559 of 13,132
  Does anyone know if Audeze is still experiencing failing (dead) drivers with new LCD2 headphones or did they sort that out completely now?

I'm thinking of buying a new pair of LCD2s, but am afraid if they are still having driver reliability issues. My current LCD2s had 3 driver failures in the past 3 years.. not exactly a reassuring record :frowning2:

I can't speak for others, but going off of what I've read on here over the last year or so, and with my own pair, it seems like the quality control is greatly improved. I know at some point a couple years ago, maybe less, they got their own factory floor, and were able to produce the headphones all within a single building. before that it was done in multiple buildings near by, and caused quality control problems.

Jul 18, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #3,560 of 13,132
can i send the audeze lcd2 rev to upgrade to lcd3 

I read that the lcd3 has big nice bass which i look for , does the lcd3 in bass make a real difference

Jul 18, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #3,562 of 13,132
yup different enough one could prefer one or the other, overall lcd2 was the one i preferred too, hope the new fazor will strengthen my inclination even more

the lcd2 feels more coherent, like going from sub bass to bass mids treble, there is a better feeling of the composition, less of separation tho, and the dryer signature makes it more airy despite being less extended and less articulated

however the tone of the lcd3 is yummy, and the mids so warm and articulated that's intoxicating, like the guy at innerfidelity said you feel the moisture in the vocal chords, or something like that,

lcd-x is something else, very different, signature, tonality, how did they manage to do such a different beast? must be the aluminum
biggrin.gif

@dfarina prepare for the violectric v200, really interested in your opinion

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #3,563 of 13,132
  can i send the audeze lcd2 rev to upgrade to lcd3 

I read that the lcd3 has big nice bass which i look for , does the lcd3 in bass make a real difference

LCD2s are bassier, the LCD3 is a more neutral 'phone, more airy in the treble with thinner low frequency.

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #3,564 of 13,132
lcd2 dry and tighter, hardly more bass, lcd3 mellow and bloated, darker, more bass, lcd2 more recessed treble but airy, lcd3 more fast/thin and forward/harsh treble, hardly airier, feels like U shaped compared to lcd2

Jul 18, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #3,566 of 13,132
this is becoming a mess, i was referring to the classic series not the fazor in which case now it seems the 2 has more dB in subbass than the 3, the classic series however might be the tighter more slam of the 2 makes it feel like more bass but to me no, lcd3 classic way darker than the 2, therefore more bass in relation to the mids

Jul 18, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #3,567 of 13,132
Is the LCD2.1 able to go in the newer angled 2.2 ? Are the planar discs same size ?

Jul 18, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #3,568 of 13,132
  lcd-x is something else, very different, signature, tonality, how did they manage to do such a different beast? must be the aluminum
biggrin.gif

I know you don't really believe that.....
biggrin.gif
basshead.gif

Jul 18, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #3,569 of 13,132
  how different is the zmf different than mad dogs 3.2

For starters, the ZMF has a better sound stage and imaging. The ZMF has also got dowels for bass, so considering you desire more bass and warm sound, these can easily be tuned to add more bass. There are 3 dowels in each cup. Its a dark sound signature like the 3.2 though.

Think LCD2.2 signature as a closed can with addable bass.

Jul 20, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #3,570 of 13,132
Dear Sirs,

I am new to the Audeze brand and am considering purchasing a LCD-2 to understand what the charm of the brand is about.

Could someone please explain why a non-fazor or pre-fazor LCD-2 v2 is so desirable? Who or what is fazor and why did he/does it mess up a winning formula?

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back