Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Mar 28, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #2,806 of 13,132

Yes - Audeze has not released an official third revision. 

I think the confusion is arising from Tyll discussing the idea that recent models have a slightly varied frequency response.

Speaking of which, where is that article he promised!?!?!?!?!

Mar 28, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #2,808 of 13,132
Yeah, sadly won't get the new cans 'til next week....maybe. But I've got to measure the latest ones to be comprehensive.

Mar 28, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #2,809 of 13,132
  Yeah, sadly won't get the new cans 'til next week....maybe. But I've got to measure the latest ones to be comprehensive.

Not a problem, we eagerly await your review! (Maybe a hint would ease the pain of waiting? 
o2smile.gif
 )

Mar 28, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #2,810 of 13,132
I got my frequency response chart. VERY nice, smooth extension throughout the midrange, and the usual LCD2 response in the upper-midrange. Very nice sounding headphones any day, and much better than any other headphone that I have ever used. The only headphones that I own that arguably have a better "soundstage" are my Ultrasone Pro2500s.

But the sound on these has more tonal accuracy, especially with regards to a very flat bass and midrange response throughout the entire range. On the chart I see a slight dip (-2dB) starting at about 40Hz, and then a slight rise (+1db) around 30Hz, then ruler flat to 20Hz. I think this is pretty normal and will not affect the bass at all. I even did some tests on those frequencies, 24, 26, 28, 30, 32, 36, 40 just to see if there was anything different at all...and there was no palpable difference in the bass slam at these frequencies. That, and the bass response of any headphone is also very dependent upon the placement of the phones on the head as well. I find that I can change the response slightly by moving the cups forward or backward across my ears.

I think the LCD3s do sound slightly better, having heard them, but I prefer the darker signature of the LCD2s for my ears. I prefer less treble. Either of these are good for basic mixing of audio for most situations, since they're ruler flat in their response right out to the upper midrange. They get the critical sound and tone right, which is what matters. Treble definition is still very much there, even if it looks rolled off on the chart.

Mar 30, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #2,812 of 13,132
I can't get enough of these LCD-2's. I love how gentle they are on the high end. It's really nice for long listening sessions.

Mar 31, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #2,817 of 13,132

This is my FR graph. It looks different from the ones that were previously being posted that elicited talk about a third revision. Beyond that can you guys tell me about what my graph is actually telling me? ^~^

Apr 1, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #2,819 of 13,132
  From audeze support

"We are always improving on our products. We have added the fazor technology to our line many months ago and now they are standard on all of our models."

"We think it makes a difference/improves overall sound quality. Since you have the other ones, perhaps you can AB them to see which you like."

So the LCD-2 has fazor now also?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back