Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Nov 28, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #2,026 of 13,132

the lcd-2 isn't as comfortable at hd 650 but imo, it is the next level 
biggrin.gif

+1

Nov 28, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #2,029 of 13,132
  Looking at all the images online and I thought HD650 is huge, LCD2 is even bigger and looks heavier I think.

The LCD2 is much bigger, and considerably heavier. I'll take a photo and add it to this post.

Sorry about the grainyness of the photo, my phones camera is terribad + open window.

Nov 28, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #2,033 of 13,132
  Even bigger than HE-400/500 by the looks of it. What headphone stands are those Saren?

http://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Peridot-Headphone-Stand-Suitable/dp/B00AE0IEHM

How dare they use a beats for the photo
tongue.gif

Nov 30, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #2,036 of 13,132
  M-13...

I would agree completely with what you've said and would support this theory. In my mind, I have a clear and cataloged memory of the sound signature from the set that I demoed just over a year ago. This new set sounds exactly as you've described them. I also feel as you do that this is a deliberate move on the part of Audeze to improve the sound. And to most people, I think that they would agree that the sound has in fact improved as it seems to move closer towards lcd3 territory. 

But, not to me. I am a self professed "dark signature" junkie. I prefer the darker sound of phones like the hd650 and Maddog. Much of the preference comes from being treble sensitive and fatiguing easily with brighter hp's, even with hp's that some might call neutral. Still, I refuse to give up that delicious extended audiophile bass that I still have firmly etched in my memory. If these "new" lcd's can't delivery the same bass, then I just can't live with them.  

I have just now swapped from Rev 1 pads to the latest version, and it does indeed remove the "dark signature" as I would call it. It does NOT however remove that amazing deep bass - it still hits deep and strong.

Dec 2, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #2,038 of 13,132
OK, got 1 more day to get it at discount...don't have the time (or the patience) to read 137 pages...if I do go for it, is there a difference between the bamboo and the rosewood (aside from the obvious different looks and price difference), in sound quality, comfort, things that make a difference in listening experience? Thanks.

Dec 2, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #2,039 of 13,132
  OK, got 1 more day to get it at discount...don't have the time (or the patience) to read 137 pages...if I do go for it, is there a difference between the bamboo and the rosewood (aside from the obvious different looks and price difference), in sound quality, comfort, things that make a difference in listening experience? Thanks.

No difference between bamboo and rosewood other than looks and weight (rosewood is heavier).

Dec 2, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #2,040 of 13,132

No significant differences besides the aesthetics.  I think the rosewood looks better, but for the price difference, I'd get the bamboo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back