Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Apr 24, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #10,969 of 13,132

Does the carbon fiber band help at all? I have problems after a few hours of listening as well.

​Tried a friends LCD3 that he changed to the carbon fiber headband and it made little difference, still get a hot spot on my head.  Did try the Lohb? strap on another friends LCD-X, much better, way cheaper also.

Apr 27, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #10,975 of 13,132
I'll also say this (and I'm just using a Watson), the most befuddling thing about the LCD-2 is that it's like it changes its sonic signature depending on the music. Sometimes I find myself wishing there was more bass, sometimes the bass feels elevated. Sometimes the highs are up front, sometimes soft and veiled. I'm really thinking this is a case of them just being able to present things in an honest (if slightly tilted) way.

Watson looking stellar for the price for planars ! Nice find. Never even heard of the company before this week.

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #10,977 of 13,132
Jesse, I like the avatar :). These headphones are a trip. A lot of the Breeder's Cannonball sounds like a muddy mess, but Yaz's Don't Go never sounded better or more exciting. Still figuring these out. Every time I feel I can live without em, I hear something where I go back to thinking these are the best headphones on the planet.

Apr 29, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #10,978 of 13,132
Every time I feel I can live without em, I hear something where I go back to thinking these are the best headphones on the planet.

I've had that same experience with them. I'll go a while without using them, think I can sell them, but then I put them back on and my jaw drops on some of my favorite songs and I can't resist headbanging. Magical stuff. I'm never selling them.

Apr 30, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #10,979 of 13,132
@Jesse Oh and @mizer357 good to see a few FAX label fans here. Surprisingly, I haven't listened to anything off that label in years. Used to have a number of those albums on CD when I dj'ed chill rooms in the '90s :)

I'd imagine they would sound great on the LCD2

Apr 30, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #10,980 of 13,132
@Jesse Oh and @mizer357 good to see a few FAX label fans here. Surprisingly, I haven't listened to anything off that label in years. Used to have a number of those albums on CD when I dj'ed chill rooms in the '90s :)

I'd imagine they would sound great on the LCD2

Awesome! I was in quite a few of those chill rooms in my youth :). I was working in a mom-and-pop vinyl/cd store in the late 80s and early 90s, and saw Silence (the first) come in and decided to play it over the store speakers because it looked interesting. I had been eating up a lot of the R&S and Harthouse stuff at the time, and was always on the lookout for more stuff in the genre. I've been a big fan of Peter Namlook (RIP) ever since. I'm actually going through a lot of the old catalog now through the LCD-2... It does sound great, and Namlook's collaboration with Jenssen on The Fires Of Ork I and II has been my latest obsession.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back