Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jul 5, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #8,626 of 13,132

M, the LCD-2f does not have rolled of highs, it might seem like it compared to the TH-600 since the mids on the TH-600 are a little recessed while the mids on the LCD-2f are just about right.

Thanks mate, really looking forward to having the Audeze house sound at home. Just finished a really yummy cup of Hawaiian estate grown coffee.

Jul 5, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #8,627 of 13,132
Thought I'd let y'all know I just had a good experience with Audeze customer support, my left earpad started falling off and they offered to send new adhesive to me for free after an email. Quick reply, all taken care of. I know some others haven't apparently been so lucky, so I thought I'd share my story :).

Jul 5, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #8,628 of 13,132
So I tried the LCD-2 for the first time recently and I was blown away with the sound. I haven't read up on the headphones too much until recently, just knew that most find it good and some find it overrated. But can someone tell me what the deal is about fazor? I feel like I've seen people say it's better and others say that the LCD-2 is better without fazors. Can someone provide me with some more insight?

Jul 5, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #8,629 of 13,132
  So I tried the LCD-2 for the first time recently and I was blown away with the sound. I haven't read up on the headphones too much until recently, just knew that most find it good and some find it overrated. But can someone tell me what the deal is about fazor? I feel like I've seen people say it's better and others say that the LCD-2 is better without fazors. Can someone provide me with some more insight?

The first Fazors that came out also came with a change of the diaphragm material. This was apparently the cause of a more strident sound signature, with more attenuated bass and highs that were bordering on harsh. I had one of these earlier models, but the diaphragm material was once again apparently changed and the headphone tuned to better match the pre-Fazor graphs...if you look around in much earlier posts the graphs prove this. So recent Fazors, since November of 2015 I believe, are much like the pre-Fazors but with all the benefits that were intended with the addition of the Fazors and none of the oddities apparently caused by the material change. I can attest to this change, I had my drivers switched in February of this year and they are much much better now.

Jul 5, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #8,630 of 13,132

You may find this helpful regarding the fazor in general:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/audeze-lcd-x-fazor-and-fresh-listen-current-lcd-2-and-lcd-3#zBzWy1kdy5L5xzsi.97

Jul 6, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #8,631 of 13,132
  The first Fazors that came out also came with a change of the diaphragm material. This was apparently the cause of a more strident sound signature, with more attenuated bass and highs that were bordering on harsh. I had one of these earlier models, but the diaphragm material was once again apparently changed and the headphone tuned to better match the pre-Fazor graphs...if you look around in much earlier posts the graphs prove this. So recent Fazors, since November of 2015 I believe, are much like the pre-Fazors but with all the benefits that were intended with the addition of the Fazors and none of the oddities apparently caused by the material change. I can attest to this change, I had my drivers switched in February of this year and they are much much better now.

That bodes well for me as my LCD 2 inbound came from Razordog Audio and is new so I assume Brian would only have the newer driver versions.

Jul 6, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #8,632 of 13,132
You may find this helpful regarding the fazor in general:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/audeze-lcd-x-fazor-and-fresh-listen-current-lcd-2-and-lcd-3#zBzWy1kdy5L5xzsi.97

Not sure that link is up to date material if it is true that the LCD 2F drivers changed in 2015 as this article is from 2014.

Jul 6, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #8,633 of 13,132
That bodes well for me as my LCD 2 inbound came from Razordog Audio and is new so I assume Brian would only have the newer driver versions.

Look at the serial number. The newer ones start with a different first three digits (282 I think).

Jul 6, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #8,634 of 13,132
Look at the serial number. The newer ones start with a different first three digits (282 I think).

Thanks mate, will do once it arrives.

Jul 6, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #8,635 of 13,132
Not sure that link is up to date material if it is true that the LCD 2F drivers changed in 2015 as this article is from 2014.

No, not specifically to the current driver, but it does explain in general what the fazor is for those that have no idea.

Jul 6, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #8,636 of 13,132
No, not specifically to the current driver, but it does explain in general what the fazor is for those that have no idea.

Very true. I can't believe it, my LCD 2 has made it from Minnesota to Ottawa in only one day! It will be out for delivery tomorrow! Wow, I think I may bite the bullet more often and pay for UPS delivery if it is this much faster!

Jul 6, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #8,637 of 13,132
Very true. I can't believe it, my LCD 2 has made it from Minnesota to Ottawa in only one day! It will be out for delivery tomorrow! Wow, I think I may bite the bullet more often and pay for UPS delivery if it is this much faster!

Good thing you didn't go USPS / Canada Post with the impending lockout. Could've been ugly for your delivery!

Post impressions when it arrives. :)

Jul 6, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #8,638 of 13,132

Good thing you didn't go USPS / Canada Post with the impending lockout. Could've been ugly for your delivery!

Post impressions when it arrives.
smily_headphones1.gif

M, you might want to worry about the care package, it was sent USPS
tongue.gif
, I think next time I send you something I'll check UPS, might be cheaper and faster.

Jul 6, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #8,639 of 13,132
M, you might want to worry about the care package, it was sent USPS :p , I think next time I send you something I'll check UPS, might be cheaper and faster.

Lockout isn't supposed to happen until Friday with Canada Post so he should be good. :)

Jul 6, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #8,640 of 13,132

M, you might want to worry about the care package, it was sent USPS
tongue.gif
, I think next time I send you something I'll check UPS, might be cheaper and faster.

LOL, go figure. You never know, the strike may be averted altogether or be short as I think postal workers are starting to realize they are in a costly to the public purse, sunset industry. Hopefully they are smart and compromise. I remember when I sold my DT 880 to a buyer in Hawaii I swear it reached him in about three days at most. I remember being pissed as I was waiting for my D7000 that I bought from a head-fier in Florida and it took three times as long to reach me! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back