Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Apr 5, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #8,086 of 13,132
These are great cans.  I have the aluminum version.  Unfortunately those complaints about the stock cable are accurate.  Mine is having issues after barely a year.  I just ordered a 10' replacement from that Venus Audio.  I'll post impressions once I get it.

Apr 6, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #8,088 of 13,132
  These are great cans.  I have the aluminum version.  Unfortunately those complaints about the stock cable are accurate.  Mine is having issues after barely a year.  I just ordered a 10' replacement from that Venus Audio.  I'll post impressions once I get it.

Got one of those Venus Audio cables, same 10 footer, looks better constructed than the original, sound is the same.

Apr 7, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #8,090 of 13,132
Heading into a store this weekend to give some LCD-2 a test run on a few different Schiit amps and DAC's! If I like what I hear I might have to save for a used pair 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #8,096 of 13,132
  I have found that bamboo -> ninja music, aluminum -> airplane music.  so I would guess that rosewood gives you more of a hobbit music sound 

Apparently, bamboo equipment shelves are very good at reducing unwanted resonances and vibrations of gear placed on them.

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #8,097 of 13,132
^ Does rosewood provide any acoustic (sonic) benefits vs. bamboo?

I don't think there are any major advantages aside from weight=comfort.
Timber density and elasticity counts for durability and any sonic advantages would be similar given they're sanded and polished the same way unless resins are involved.
There's too little room for reverberation to be counted as well factoring volume to count, and I guess the shape would determine the sonic differences more in this case rather than the timber used.
Bamboo being the sturdiest of the softwood seems like a logical choice for substituting hard wood.
Rosewood is gorgeous though.

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #8,098 of 13,132

Apparently, bamboo equipment shelves are very good at reducing unwanted resonances and vibrations of gear placed on them.

In an undamped system, a forced vibration at the natural frequency of any material will give you resonance and this would be audible.  But I feel like this is more of consideration for driver construction, especially in an open-backed headphone.

Apr 8, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #8,099 of 13,132
I wonder whether anyone (incl Audeze) has measured an LCD-xx freq curve, with Rosewood vs. Bamboo cups. Might be interesting. All other factors being constant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back