1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread

First

Back
530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539
541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550
Next

Last
  1. mkarikom
    These are great cans.  I have the aluminum version.  Unfortunately those complaints about the stock cable are accurate.  Mine is having issues after barely a year.  I just ordered a 10' replacement from that Venus Audio.  I'll post impressions once I get it.

2. carloosg8
    Actually, I may end up buying an ifi iCan SE soon, does that change your recomendation?

3. DavidA
    Got one of those Venus Audio cables, same 10 footer, looks better constructed than the original, sound is the same.

4. mkarikom

Thats great news and exactly what I was hoping. That stock cable is a week spot but in my opinion the LCD-2F does not need any tuning :)

5. PizzaDough
    Heading into a store this weekend to give some LCD-2 a test run on a few different Schiit amps and DAC's! If I like what I hear I might have to save for a used pair [​IMG]

6. Alchemist007
    Ordered a Bestintheverse cable, not expecting a sound change at all but it looks nice.

7. m8chor
    : )

2016_0407_18353900.jpg

8. Ampeezy
    That rosewood is so good looking

9. CanadianMaestro
    ^ Does rosewood provide any acoustic (sonic) benefits vs. bamboo?

10. mkarikom
    I have found that bamboo -> ninja music, aluminum -> airplane music.  so I would guess that rosewood gives you more of a hobbit music sound 

11. CanadianMaestro

Apparently, bamboo equipment shelves are very good at reducing unwanted resonances and vibrations of gear placed on them.

12. ddaktiv

I don't think there are any major advantages aside from weight=comfort.
    Timber density and elasticity counts for durability and any sonic advantages would be similar given they're sanded and polished the same way unless resins are involved.
    There's too little room for reverberation to be counted as well factoring volume to count, and I guess the shape would determine the sonic differences more in this case rather than the timber used.
    Bamboo being the sturdiest of the softwood seems like a logical choice for substituting hard wood.
    Rosewood is gorgeous though.

13. mkarikom
    In an undamped system, a forced vibration at the natural frequency of any material will give you resonance and this would be audible.  But I feel like this is more of consideration for driver construction, especially in an open-backed headphone.

14. CanadianMaestro
    I wonder whether anyone (incl Audeze) has measured an LCD-xx freq curve, with Rosewood vs. Bamboo cups. Might be interesting. All other factors being constant.

15. Ampeezy
    These guys must be trolling lol, no benefits man...purely aesthetic, but it really is a lot better looking than the comparatively utilitarian bamboo

First

Back
530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539
541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550
Next

Last