Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Mar 16, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #5,866 of 13,132
Nothing is wrong with bamboo... most of the time it's on my head anyway (where I appreciate the lower weight). Or hidden in a drawer... where I don't care.

Mar 16, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #5,867 of 13,132
  Every time I see rosewood I just wanna trash my bamboo. That thing is beautiful.

How is the H10 with LCD ? It seems to be an excellent all-rounder particularly for planars from following the thread over there.

Mar 16, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #5,868 of 13,132
  Nothing is wrong with bamboo... most of the time it's on my head anyway (where I appreciate the lower weight). Or hidden in a drawer... where I don't care.

I think the bamboo looks pretty sharp, actually. I had the funds to afford the rosewood, but went with bamboo because of the reasons you listed coupled with I'm not offended by it either.

Mar 16, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #5,869 of 13,132
  I think the bamboo looks pretty sharp, actually. I had the funds to afford the rosewood, but went with bamboo because of the reasons you listed coupled with I'm not offended by it either.

Agree, I think it looks ace with brown vegan pads.

Mar 16, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #5,870 of 13,132

How is the H10 with LCD ? It seems to be an excellent all-rounder particularly for planars from following the thread over there.

Amazing. I haven't heard many amps, so my opinion isn't worth much, but they sound really good! Much better than the integrated amp in the Audio-gd Compass. The LCD really came alive with the H10, more so than the HE-500 or HE-560 (to my ears with my system anyway).

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #5,872 of 13,132
The bass and lower mids are lush and beautiful. 
But what the h3ll happened to the upper mids and highs ? 

LCD-2's....
...are like...
....a tall, gorgeous, voluptuous...
...caramel skinned woman.....
...moisturized & exfoliated...
...from head to toe...

.......that has been decapitated.

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #5,873 of 13,132
FWIW, I have no issues with LCD-2F highs. If you're looking for an ultimate ear piercer - try elsewhere.

Mar 16, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #5,875 of 13,132
  The bass and lower mids are lush and beautiful. 
But what the h3ll happened to the upper mids and highs?

IMO you have to give the upper mids a bump in EQ to get everything a bit more balanced sounding. For me vocals and instrumentation that fall within upper mids on the LCD-2 fazor sound a bit distant and muffled when not bumped.

Also allow time for brain burn-in if you're coming from a different pair of headphones that had a lot of treble. I went from Denon 7000s so it's a big leap, going back to the 7000s now the treble seems super exaggerated while the Audeze seem natural sounding, closer to how it was recorded I imagine.

Mar 16, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #5,876 of 13,132

Amazing. I haven't heard many amps, so my opinion isn't worth much, but they sound really good! Much better than the integrated amp in the Audio-gd Compass. The LCD really came alive with the H10, more so than the HE-500 or HE-560 (to my ears with my system anyway).

That makes sense as the 560s are a pretty tough to drive well headphone.

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #5,877 of 13,132

That makes sense as the 560s are a pretty tough to drive well headphone.

Well, in all fairness, there are many people in the Gustard H10 thread using HE-560s who seem to love the pairing. And HE-560 does sound great—very detailed with a wide soundstage, but at the expense of some smoothness and musicality compared to the LCD-2F (again to my ears). It's very, VERY close, though...I'd like to upgrade my DAC before deciding which one to keep.

I'm realizing now my post was slightly inaccurate: I received the HE-560s after the H10, so I didn't listened to them through the Compass amp for a while. So I can't say it didn't scale as well. I didn't think the HE-500 scaled as well as the LCD-2F when switching from the Compass amp to the H10, but I don't have data on the HE-560.

Mar 17, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #5,878 of 13,132
I just had the HE-560s home for a spin and I agree they and the LCD 2F sound very similar. However the LCD is a touch more organic, smooth and musical sounding than the 560 which I experienced to be more analytical and sharp, especially apparent with snare drums and similar sounds.
Conclusion: I'm keeping the Audeze and pass the 560s on.
I use an Auralic Taurus headphone amp.

Mar 17, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #5,879 of 13,132
They do sound similar, but I meant it's "very, VERY close" as to which one I prefer.

Just listened to Jeff Buckley's rendition of Hallelujah on the HE-560 and thought it sounded phenomenal. Sound stage was so wide and deep! Almost "speaker like." But the sub bass almost drowned out his voice, and there was just a hint of sibilance. Listened it again on the LCD-2F right afterwards: the LCD-2F was a bit less detailed with a noticeably smaller soundstage, but it solved the bass and sibilance issues. I might prefer the HE-560 on this particular track, but I think it's the first track for which I've decided that I definitely prefer the HE-560. So it's really tough. But I don't think you can really go wrong with either of these two headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back