Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Feb 8, 2024 at 3:31 AM Post #13,126 of 13,132
Hello guys,
My LCD-2 rev2 prefaz's right driver died today after a long time left unused. I am so disappointed. I have always cosseted my headphone through the years though the pads and stock cable have kept falling apart.
In recent years I have realized that if my LCD2 was not paired with the best class-A or tube amps that had great microdynamic and thin sound sign, the headphones could not compete with good dynamic headphones in term of musicality and depth of music. But it is good to have a beautiful planar headphone nearby :frowning2:(
Sorry for your loss.

Feb 8, 2024 at 9:50 PM Post #13,127 of 13,132
Spinning some vinyl with the LCD2 tonight, which I admittedly have neglected as newer shinier stuff has caught my attention. These things never fail to make me smile.

Feb 22, 2024 at 8:56 PM Post #13,129 of 13,132
lcd2.jpg
lcd22.jpg

Since my lcd2 is the 2016 version, I had the old headband with dekoni nuggets installed for a while. Then I upgraded from the old headband to the new suspension headband, still didn't like it and finally just bought a zmf crescent snap headband and now my lcd2s finally feel comfortable vs just bearable from normal suspension headband. Middle button won't close as the leather strap is too wide.

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:24 PM Post #13,130 of 13,132
Audeze uses fazors on both sides of the driver. Anyway, made some modifications to 3D model. Even though I only used pictures as reference I think it's very close to original fazor. If someone plans to use them on LCD-2C the outside fazor needs to be sanded down in order to fit. I think the cups on 2C are shallower than on other models.

LCD2wg.jpgIMG_1567.jpg

Had them professionally 3D printed at 0.08mm layer height. For only 25€ a much better result than I managed on my own.

As far as the sound goes. Less distortion in highs (especially claps). less bass. I wouldn't say more detailed, just that the quality of highs is improved. As far as darkness etc. I couldn't comment because I use EQ. Honestly, 60$ Razer Blackshark gaming headphones have better stock tuning than LCD-2.

Link for the 3D model: Sketchfab
@Someguy420 , could your please change your model on Sketchfab to downloadable?
I really want it too but Sketchfab doesn't allow me to download it

Mar 2, 2024 at 8:31 PM Post #13,131 of 13,132
Anyone know if there are any sonic differences from a new LCD 2 compared the LCD 2C?

I would prefer to get the LCD 2 with the Rosewood as it looks stunning but I am not sure if the LCD 2C sound the same or better?

Mar 3, 2024 at 7:43 AM Post #13,132 of 13,132
Anyone know if there are any sonic differences from a new LCD 2 compared the LCD 2C?

I would prefer to get the LCD 2 with the Rosewood as it looks stunning but I am not sure if the LCD 2C sound the same or better?
Oh, there are definitely differences, particularly since the LCD-2 has the fazor waveguides and the LCD-2C does not. The LCD-2 is to my ears unquestionably technically superior but some people like the more relaxed tuning of the 2C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back