Audeze LCD-2 Closed
Nov 25, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #197 of 883
jmpsmash, thanks so much. I can get both at 20% Friday sale. but i can't audition Audeze LCD2-CB..I will try to listen to Elegia tomorrow then decides. Hopefully I will make the right decision. I have Beyerdynamic T5P 2, Anyone would Elegia sound more like T5P?

I had both at one point. In the end my ears liked the LCD2cb better.

Where can you get 20% off?

Nov 26, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #201 of 883
Friends, I finally decided on Elegia simply because I can audition it and confirmed the sound leakage is god enough for me to use in Library. I am very impressed with Elegia but the sub bass is not so good. Part of me really want to keep reading the good things that you guys are posting on LCD-2 CB. In the mean time i will just rely on EQ on some of the tracks that I know have deep bass. Thanks for all the input! Happy listening!

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #202 of 883
Just got these and love them but they BLEED way more than my other go-to closed backs (Alpha Prime, Beyer DT1770). Is that the general experience? Part of me wonders if I should just trade these in for an open backed.

Dec 1, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #204 of 883
The bleed on the Elegia's was much less than the Audezes when I demoed them (though the Audezes somehow seem worse now). I really liked the Elegias, too; Focal just has something special going on in the mids that is really unique. I've got a pair of Listens that have become my go to portables even though they are a little less comfortable than virtually everything else I own. If I can ever afford a second set of high-ene home cans, I would definitely go for the Elegias, because they make a really nice contrast to the LCD-2s. Enjoy them!

Dec 1, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #205 of 883
Just got these and love them but they BLEED way more than my other go-to closed backs (Alpha Prime, Beyer DT1770). Is that the general experience? Part of me wonders if I should just trade these in for an open backed.

No, I am sorry but unless you got a defective unit this is just not correct. To say that they are the same, similar, or close to an open back... I have 3 pairs of open backs and one semi-open. The LCD-2CB is a closed back and behaves that way. Unless the volume is really turned up, there is very little leakage. Maybe not as good as closed back x, or whatever you have in mind, but miles and miles away from any open back or semi open back. I know this because I tested them both by having them on (isolation) and someone else listening to them (leakage).

Dec 1, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #206 of 883
Oh, wasn't suggesting that they're near the same as an open back; I've got more than a dozen pairs of headphones of all kinds. Just that they don't give near the same isolation - in or out - as virtually any other closed back I've owned or tried. And waaaaaaay less than the Elegia.

Dec 1, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #207 of 883
Oh, wasn't suggesting that they're near the same as an open back; I've got more than a dozen pairs of headphones of all kinds. Just that they don't give near the same isolation - in or out - as virtually any other closed back I've owned or tried. And waaaaaaay less than the Elegia.

You were not? Then what does this mean: "Part of me wonders if I should just trade these in for an open backed."

I do think you have a defective unit. But don't take my word for it. Let's hear from others.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #208 of 883
Wow, please tell me you know what I mean, since clearly you know EVERYTHING. I meant, if I bought a new set of closed back headphones that wasn't going to provide the level of isolation I expect (and already have in several HPs) there's not really a point in having a closed set of Audeze's. Does that suffice, now? :p

Dec 1, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #209 of 883
So you are saying that reading this, on its own, without your subsequent explanation: "Just got these and love them but they BLEED way more than my other go-to closed backs (Alpha Prime, Beyer DT1770). Is that the general experience? Part of me wonders if I should just trade these in for an open backed.", does not suggest to you that they are as good as open backs at isolating? You may know what you mean, but here you are posting on a forum informing others. So do take care. The person right below your original post seemed to make a decision based on what you said.

Dec 1, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #210 of 883
Well, I've re-read the post and actually, yeah. If closed backs don't function as you want them to function (not sound), than what's the point of having them. Perhaps there was a bit or irony in there that may not have translated, but being that I've managed global forums for some of the largest technology companies in the world, I'm pretty comfortable with my posts; happy to share 150 page training manual with you if you'd like. but honestly, I don't understand why you had to respond once I clarified, other than maybe you wanting to "win" the post.

As for the poster taking my advice, that was EXACTLY what he was wanting to know, as he was specifically concerned about the difference in sound bleed between the Audeze LCD-2 CC and the Focal Elegia, which is vast. He will be much happier in a library with the Focals; he'd have to keep the volume pretty darn low on the Audezes in that enviroment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back