Audez'e LCD 2.2, bamboo/leather + Toxic Cables "Arsenic" ; price drop!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type
For Sale
Currency
Euro
Price
Aug 12, 2013 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

AManAnd88Keys

500+ Head-Fier
Up for sale is my beloved LCD 2.2 in very good condition; about 9 months old. I am the first owner.

Plus the following:

Travel case
Oil/Wax
Frequency graph
Documents

and (optional)

an EXCELLENT Toxic Cables "Arsenic" Cable, a 6 ft hybrid made of copper, silver and gold: it's a mix of "White Widow" and "Silver Widow". A true high-end cable, terminated with a high-quality Oyaide 1/4" Jack on one end and two Switchcraft Mini-XLRs on the other. This is the 8 wire version - twice the standard count of wires!
The stock cable is no comparison to this one!

Scroll down to post #6 for an in-depth description of how this cable enhances sound quality.

I do NOT have the stock cable anymore. These are the prices I am asking:

SOLD.

Go to http://www.head-fi.org/t/609155/toxic-cables-the-appreciation-thread/2985#post_9323584 for close-up pictures of the Arsenic 8 wire.

Priority shipping included, bank transfer preferred!

SOLD!.

Aug 16, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #2 of 10

TheDuke990

100+ Head-Fier
"No cable" means without any cable or with stock cable ? And shipped from where ?

Aug 16, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #3 of 10

AManAnd88Keys

500+ Head-Fier
Quote:
"No cable" means without any cable or with stock cable ? And shipped from where ?

Please read carefully: I wrote  "I do NOT have the stock cable anymore."
wink.gif
. No cable means no cable! Also note that right next to the 649€ it says "Best offer" - so if you think I am asking too much for this LCD 2.2 you can always offer a different ammount.
Shipped from Austria, EU.

Aug 16, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #4 of 10

TheDuke990

100+ Head-Fier
Ups ... sorry my fault.

Aug 26, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #6 of 10

AManAnd88Keys

500+ Head-Fier
The Arsenic offers several advantages over the stock cable:

- The stock cable is a flat 4 wire copper cable. It has a tendency to wind itself up and not stay in on place, due to it's plastic shielding. I often had to unwind it and it's just not comfortable to use! The Toxic Cable on the other hand is different and stays in one place, because it is stiff enough to keep shape but it's also flexible enough so that it can be moved around.

- The Arsenic offers clearly more resolution, and not by a small margin. The LCD 2.2 has a tendency to sound "dark" or with a rolled of trebble. The Arsenic helps the treble to be more natural and offers more detail. Thus, instrument separation, decay, room acoustics and such are better.  You're just more "there" with the music.

- The Arsenic offers better defined bass. The LCD 2.2 has excellent bass (the best I have ever heard of any headphone!) but the bass can be a bit blurry and unprecise. The Arsenic allows for a tighter and clearer bass. For example, when you listen to upright bass or E-Bass it's easier to hear the exact pitcht and tone of the instrument. I am a Jazz listener and this is very important to me.

- There is more clarity in the midrange. With the right source and amp the LCD 2.2 can bring out an absolutely wonderful midrange. On good recordings, piano chords or for example human voices are stunning!

Sep 5, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #8 of 10

donpe

New Head-Fier
Hi!

I am looking for that cable for my LCD2. Don't you wanna trade it separately? I can give you my stock cable+an agreed amount of money. Shipping is not a problem, as we are neghbours (i'm from Hungary).

Sep 5, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #9 of 10

AManAnd88Keys

500+ Head-Fier
Hi!

I am looking for that cable for my LCD2. Don't you wanna trade it separately? I can give you my stock cable+an agreed amount of money. Shipping is not a problem, as we are neghbours (i'm from Hungary).

I sold the cable and headphone last week. The thread has been closed since Monday and it also says "Sold" twice in the description. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread