Audeze LCD-1
Oct 18, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #136 of 1,085
@metal571 I have watched your review of LCD1on youtube. How do you compare the LCD1 vs Meze 99 classics? And can we use the Meze cable for LCD1?
Not even close. I reviewed the 99 classic already. After they changed the pads the sound balance was ruined. Massive bass engulfs everything. LCD1 is among the most "correct" sounding headphones I've ever listened to, by comparison. Mobius running its default EQ profile ought to be a reference headphone in its own right in terms of FR as well.

Oct 18, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #137 of 1,085
Not even close. I reviewed the 99 classic already. After they changed the pads the sound balance was ruined. Massive bass engulfs everything. LCD1 is among the most "correct" sounding headphones I've ever listened to, by comparison. Mobius running its default EQ profile ought to be a reference headphone in its own right in terms of FR as well.
Thanks! Can we use Meze cable for those Lcd1?

Oct 18, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #139 of 1,085
After watching @metal571 review I really want these. They appear to sit perfect into what I want in my next headphone. I will probably sell my 58x.

Oct 18, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #140 of 1,085
There are more reasons to do a Kickstarter campaign besides preempting buyer remorse. Some include:
- Determining initial demand to optimize manufacturing runs
- Minimize cash flow fluctuation inherent to product launches
- It’s very effective marketing

It’s a smart business move from my perspective.

Well, i was not trying to indicate reasons to do a legit Kickstarter program.
But if you are doing one, its really a good idea to tell your potential customers.
I was only pointing out that if you are selling what you can't yet ship, for weeks, then you are "kickstarting", if you are taking money, but not being clear about it.
They dont have the headphones. They can't ship the headphones. They say they were assembled in the USA, but, where are they?
Where are they?
Where are they?
They are taking payments, weeks in advance of shipping what they say is a made in the USA set of headphones.
= Kickstart

Oct 18, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #141 of 1,085
Thanks! Can we use Meze cable for those Lcd1?
No idea honestly

@metal571 btw I am actually looking for a "more bassy " openback headphone than Sennheiser HD 650. Do you think the bass of Audeze lcd1 is tighter than hd650? Is the soundstage of LCD1 is "more or less" at the level of hd650?
Answered this in the video review

Oct 18, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #142 of 1,085
Just my humble two cents,

LCD 1 looks interesting, especially given the pricing & purpose behind them, hope it sounds better but like @FullBright1 states, until it's available for demo, let alone purchase, not really interested in putting anything down for it, not to mention being outside US, it's going to be close to double the price minimum like all Audeze head gear so it better be worthwhile in real with no conjecture.

Hope everyone has a great day !

Oct 18, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #143 of 1,085
We are showing the LCD1s at AES (New York) today. We will be at the Music Expo San Francisco early next month and many of our dealers/distributors will have demo stock next month. So it should become easier for everyone to test them before making a decision. If you are in LA area, you are always welcome to visit Audeze and try them out.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Oct 18, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #144 of 1,085
Also, if you live in or around LA, I'm sure The Source AV will have a demo pair ASAP.

Oct 18, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #145 of 1,085
Also, if you live in or around LA, I'm sure The Source AV will have a demo pair ASAP.
I hope they'll make an event out of it despite the last Audeze event (LCD-24) happening only just recently. @TSAVAlan?

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #146 of 1,085
We are showing the LCD1s at AES (New York) today. We will be at the Music Expo San Francisco early next month and many of our dealers/distributors will have demo stock next month. So it should become easier for everyone to test them before making a decision. If you are in LA area, you are always welcome to visit Audeze and try them out.

You are currently taking orders for your LCD-1s from your Audeze website. So, these orders will be shipped directly from Audeze, and not "through a dealer". So, as you are taking orders since October 16th, why are you not already shipping the Headphones, as you state you wont ship till the end of October.
So, is this because you don't have any available to ship? If this is true, why don't you ???, as you are taking orders for them.
Are you not shipping because you don't have any built to ship, or is it because you are contractually legally bound to supply your distributors, before you can ship directly to customers?
Why the delay in shipping the headphones to the people who have already paid you, if you have them in Stock?

Oct 18, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #147 of 1,085
These are apparently sensitive enough to be driven by a phone, yes? Is Audeze including a cable with a mic and control to at least pause/play, perhaps?

EDIT: I should have checked the website first, it includes one 2 meter cable only, I’m curious if an additional cable with mic and remote might be available separately as an accessory for purchase.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #148 of 1,085
You are currently taking orders for your LCD-1s from your Audeze website. So, these orders will be shipped directly from Audeze, and not "through a dealer". So, as you are taking orders since October 16th, why are you not already shipping the Headphones, as you state you wont ship till the end of October.
So, is this because you don't have any available to ship? If this is true, why don't you ???, as you are taking orders for them.
Are you not shipping because you don't have any built to ship, or is it because you are contractually legally bound to supply your distributors, before you can ship directly to customers?
Why the delay in shipping the headphones to the people who have already paid you, if you have them in Stock?

It's like you've never heard of a preorder. It's an extremely common way to conduct business for consumers products. Preorders are often even further in advance of estimated ship date than in this case

Oct 18, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #149 of 1,085
It's like you've never heard of a preorder. It's an extremely common way to conduct business for consumers products. Preorders are often even further in advance of estimated ship date than in this case

Yup, even Apple does pre-orders of new iPhone models, although unlike other manufacturers, they are usually set to ship within a week or so. I didn’t find Audeze’s pre-orders here to be notable, frankly, and I’m glad I was able to order on the first day of pre-ordering. Expected shipping time is very reasonable to me.

Oct 18, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #150 of 1,085
With LCD1, out goal was to launch and ship in mid october. Every year we also have a presence at the AES show. Many of our customers are sound engineers, mastering engineers who attend AES. So we wanted to show the LCD1 at AES (and not lose the opportunity). It does not make sense to show the product without having the information on the site. Since the delay was only a few weeks between announcement and shipping, we decided to open the orders as well.
We typically make products in stages. Prototypes, Design Validation units, Production Validation, pre-production and then production units. This is a typical workflow for most product companies. Units from pre-production usually are used for demos, test units etc.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back