Audeze LCD-1
Mar 12, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #871 of 1,085
It shouldn't work.
Afaik, the Lcd-1 do use dual stereo to se cable.

Every 3.5mm split aux cable will work on the Lcd-1. :)

Mar 16, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #872 of 1,085
I could get the Audeze Mobius at 230usd, or LCD-1 at 400usd. What do you guys think I should get? Base on the price point.

Mar 16, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #873 of 1,085
I could get the Audeze Mobius at 230usd, or LCD-1 at 400usd. What do you guys think I should get? Base on the price point.
If you want a closed back, get the . . . . . . Oppo PM3. :ksc75smile: ( joking ) / ( maybe not ) ^^

If you like open back get the Lcd-1. ^^ ( too many great options in that price range )

Mar 16, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #874 of 1,085
If you want a closed back, get the . . . . . . Oppo PM3. :ksc75smile: ( joking ) / ( maybe not ) ^^

If you like open back get the Lcd-1. ^^ ( too many great options in that price range )
Oppo PM3 is discontinued sadly, I was going to buy it last time, can't find any in stock. Also the weird thing about Oppo headphones, it's not available anywhere in Asia besides the US, and their phones are everywhere and popular here, which is actually really strange to me.

What other option would be good besides LCD-1 at the 400usd price range? I'm in desperate need of a new set of cans tbh. I'm looking at other options and comparing it with the LCD-1 for the most part, since I enjoy Audeze headphones.

Mar 16, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #875 of 1,085
Oppo PM3 is discontinued sadly, I was going to buy it last time, can't find any in stock. Also the weird thing about Oppo headphones, it's not available anywhere in Asia besides the US, and their phones are everywhere and popular here, which is actually really strange to me.

What other option would be good besides LCD-1 at the 400usd price range? I'm in desperate need of a new set of cans tbh. I'm looking at other options and comparing it with the LCD-1 for the most part, since I enjoy Audeze headphones.
If you want an Oppo check the new headphone from Drop which is a tweaked PM-3 and with wireless capability, but if you prefer open the LCD-1 is a good choice.

Mar 17, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #876 of 1,085
LCD-1 is the newest headphone with the most up to date planar driver tech compared to PM3 or the drop panda. The lightweight also makes it a great recommendation. I prefer more lightweight headphones to full size cans, since I do not want to invest in something I can't stand having on my head for more than an hour.

Mar 17, 2020 at 2:05 AM Post #877 of 1,085

Be aware that the Lcd-1 isn't quite like your Lcd-3.
Did you hear the Lcd-1?

If not and you need a really great comparison, i'd point you to this:

Use your prefered headphone to dive into this great review.
Maybe it could show you if you like it or not.

Happy listening. :)

Mar 17, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #878 of 1,085
Be aware that the Lcd-1 isn't quite like your Lcd-3.
Did you hear the Lcd-1?

If not and you need a really great comparison, i'd point you to this:

Use your prefered headphone to dive into this great review.
Maybe it could show you if you like it or not.

Happy listening. :)

Yeah thanks. I read the whole thread actually yesterday and saw quite a number of reviews on youtube. Think I'll get it, and yeah I'm looking for something different than what I have obviously. If only Tyll was around reviewing still, would be easy to pick which one would be suitable to my ears.

Mar 17, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #879 of 1,085

Oppo closed their headphone division a couple years ago and sold off their driver technology. Drop owns the tech now and they're releasing the Panda later this year (it's on Indiegogo now)

Mar 21, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #880 of 1,085
Does anyone know why this dual stereo to 3.5mm SE cable will not work with the LCD-1 when fully inserted? The sound only comes when they are unplugged from the LCD-1 socket slightly, but not when fully inserted. Does this have to do with the R/L selection in the LCD-1? I'd rather they just made them have a right and left side, so any cable could work with them.
IMG_20200321_105244.jpg

Mar 25, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #881 of 1,085
Can anyone recommend a good amp/dac to use with these?

I'm looking at maybe one of the Dragonflys, a Fiio Q5 or the Schiit Magni + Modi stack or Fulla 2.

I'm currently running them from the HD3 Audioengine in-built headphone amp and also wondering if a proper amp/dac would be better.

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #882 of 1,085
Does anyone know why this dual stereo to 3.5mm SE cable will not work with the LCD-1 when fully inserted? The sound only comes when they are unplugged from the LCD-1 socket slightly, but not when fully inserted. Does this have to do with the R/L selection in the LCD-1? I'd rather they just made them have a right and left side, so any cable could work with them.

A lot of cables use TRS connectors but are actually only wired internally to send a mono L or R signal to each connector, which is probably why that cable is only working partially inserted, because that's the only point where it's actually making contact with the correct ring. The LCD-1 cable sends a stereo signal to each earcup, which is a pretty rare set-up. It'll probably be a bit difficult to find aftermarket cables unless some shops have started making custom cables specifically for the LCD-1

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #883 of 1,085
A lot of cables use TRS connectors but are actually only wired internally to send a mono L or R signal to each connector, which is probably why that cable is only working partially inserted, because that's the only point where it's actually making contact with the correct ring. The LCD-1 cable sends a stereo signal to each earcup, which is a pretty rare set-up. It'll probably be a bit difficult to find aftermarket cables unless some shops have started making custom cables specifically for the LCD-1
I'm looking for a balanced cable to use my 4.4mm or 2.5mm output of my DAP's. Seems it is difficult to find such a cable??
I hoped this should work fine....but now I'm afraid to make the following order since it seems that I need a special cable fpr the LCD-1:
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/33055236528.html

Mar 27, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #884 of 1,085
I'm looking for a balanced cable to use my 4.4mm or 2.5mm output of my DAP's. Seems it is difficult to find such a cable??
I hoped this should work fine....but now I'm afraid to make the following order since it seems that I need a special cable fpr the LCD-1:
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/33055236528.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.b3863c00RZAD6s&mp=1

No, probably won't work. I couldn't find a balanced cable a few months ago when I still had my LCD-1, so the only option may be making one yourself or getting one custom made by someone else, unless the situation has changed and someone is actually selling one pre-made now

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2020 at 1:03 AM Post #885 of 1,085
i bought one yesterday, it's a new one. I love the way it sound, i sell my sundara for it, sundara have better bass, soundstage, comfortable and build quality but i can't live with the mid and treble from sundara, lcd 1 to me is more listenable, enjoyable.
But the headband was broken after few hours used. it was broken on my head, while i was wearing it
maybe i'm unlucky because the seller tell me that this is the first case like this and he will send me a replacement after i send it back.
But after look closer to the headband and i'm afraid that it may happen again.
The plastic is light and feel not very tough (i guess because they want reduce the weight). The headband is not very big too, if you have a big head, you may need too pull it out quite much. So when you wear it, all force will push into the small and light plastic which was broken in the picture.
now i'm not sure should i take a replacement (i'm not sure the seller will accept refund, refund is not usual at my country), upgrade to LCD2C will cost me too much, and i'm not sure i will like the mid and treble from LCD2C too.

Attachments

• 90971065_152697096057037_1095942213600280576_n.jpg
    90971065_152697096057037_1095942213600280576_n.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back