Audeze LCD-1
Oct 24, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #241 of 1,085
I don’t see how much value Sennheiser could add to the planar world. They don’t have any R&D in place with it so the first product would be a substantial undertaking requiring large buy in from leadership. They are moving enough product in enough categories to not need to.

But I do see how this community may see the value in a Sennheiser with better bass. They could do a great build like that & have been with the momentum line, it just isn’t much of a priority for them when they’re not competing with Bose/Beats.

LCD1 is fairly unique with how well behaved the bass will be in this price, with this portable factor & open-back design.

I welcome our new California overlords.

Oct 24, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #242 of 1,085
I don’t see how much value Sennheiser could add to the planar world. They don’t have any R&D in place with it so the first product would be a substantial undertaking requiring large buy in from leadership. They are moving enough product in enough categories to not need to.

But I do see how this community may see the value in a Sennheiser with better bass. They could do a great build like that & have been with the momentum line, it just isn’t much of a priority for them when they’re not competing with Bose/Beats.

LCD1 is fairly unique with how well behaved the bass will be in this price, with this portable factor & open-back design.

I welcome our new California overlords.

Next thing we know: Audeze Vintage-style speakers.

Oct 24, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #244 of 1,085

Looks good. A nearfield system from Dr. C (Audeze) for 10k where do I have to sign? :)

Hopefully this forces Sennheiser to make a move.. Come on Germany. You can do it.

Probably a manufacturer like Sennheiser would have the resources to make a planar magnetic headphone that`s not the problem. But if this headset were developed and produced exclusively in Germany, it would probably be too expensive compared to its competitors.

Maybe a collaboration with Rinaro will seal the deal. :)
Looking forward to.

Possible but unlikely. I´m throwing another name in the round. Fine Acoustics (Zhuhai Fine Acoustics Electronic Technology Co. Ltd.). The drivers of Sendy Aiva were produced by this manufacturer. The founder is german but it´s produced in China.
The complete acoustic laboratory is in my hometown (Kiel).:sunglasses:

Oct 24, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #248 of 1,085
Looks good. A nearfield system from Dr. C (Audeze) for 10k where do I have to sign? :)

Probably a manufacturer like Sennheiser would have the resources to make a planar magnetic headphone that`s not the problem. But if this headset were developed and produced exclusively in Germany, it would probably be too expensive compared to its competitors.

Possible but unlikely. I´m throwing another name in the round. Fine Acoustics (Zhuhai Fine Acoustics Electronic Technology Co. Ltd.). The drivers of Sendy Aiva were produced by this manufacturer. The founder is german but it´s produced in China.
The complete acoustic laboratory is in my hometown (Kiel).:sunglasses:
I regret so much buying the Blon B20 (basically Sendy Aiva). Very weak low end and super sibilant highs. At least it is very well built.

Oct 24, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #249 of 1,085
Oct 24, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #250 of 1,085
Hopefully this forces Sennheiser to make a move, as it's bound to cut into their market share at least a little. I don't know a single person who doesn't want something like an HD 580 made into a planar with better bass extension and the soundstage and detail of the HD 800. Come on Germany. You can do it.
That honestly sounds amazing. But I wouldn't mind paying more if it can compete with the LCD-4 and Utopia in detail. Come on Sennheiser.

Oct 24, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #252 of 1,085
Oh dear God.....finally.

And they are using 3.5mm connection to the headphone now too?

I'm buying this can.

I think it's a unique implementation of 3.5mm though. Because the LCD-1 cable is L/R agnostic or ambidexterous, the wiring config inside the can might be atypical compared to most 3.5mm implementations.

Oct 24, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #254 of 1,085
I think it's a unique implementation of 3.5mm though. Because the LCD-1 cable is L/R agnostic or ambidexterous, the wiring config inside the can might be atypical compared to most 3.5mm implementations.
The Audeze rep said just make sure the 3.5mm headphone connector is stereo and not mono.

Oct 24, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #255 of 1,085
The review pair just arrived yesterday, but with Elton John's concert last night, I haven't had a chance to listen to them last night. But I did use them for a bit at lunch today and they are quite special! Already besting my previous favourites in this range (Sennheiser HD650/600) by a good margin. More to come...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back