Audeze iSine / i4 EQ Settings Pool
Jul 17, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #16 of 33
Weird!

So i started this journey with KManns V2 EQ settings and LOVED it, then a week ago I felt the vocals were too muted and it just didn't sound so food.. so I started looking for other EQ settings, came across Brainiacs settings and LOVED those, then 2 days ago those didn't sound so good! so started with STMiller's eq settings which sounded GREAT, then yesterday NONE of them sounded good and I listened with EQ off on my ZX2 and that sounded the best. HA

I must be losing my marbles

Which version of the cipher cable do you use?

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #17 of 33
Jul 17, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #19 of 33
Have you heard of the anker usb-c to lightning audio adapter?

Yup doesn't work with my phone and my reference above is about my ZX2

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #20 of 33
Davy from UAPP sent me this link ( he asked me to remove it, i guess you need to contact him directly if you need this fix) to fix the Preset issue where the numbers were not showing with the diagram preset selected

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #22 of 33
Jul 23, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #24 of 33
I have mostly been using my LCD i4 with Reveal or the Cipher cable lately, that I have forgotten the exact EQ settings. But it was somewhat like what I have shared here. Keep in mind that these settings are for use with regular analog cables and not with Audeze’s cipher cable.

10 Band EQ:
31Hz: +2dB
62Hz: +1.5dB
125Hz: +2dB
1kHz: -3dB
2kHz: +7dB
4kHz: +4dB
8kHz: -3dB

Parametric EQ:
90Hz: -4dB, High Shelf, Q=1
1.5kHz: -4dB, Peak Filter, Q=3
3kHz: +10dB, Peak Filter, Q=1.5
8kHz: -4dB, Peak Filter, Q=2

Jul 25, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #25 of 33
It's a bit of a sidenote to the topic, but I'd need an explanation about parametric EQ, which I can't totally grasp. The easiest way is an example...let's say a post here suggests something like this (this was taken from a LCDi4 review here on Head-Fi):
1) 180Hz, +3dB, Low Pass Filter, Q=0.8
2) 1.4kHz, -4dB, Band Filter, Q=3
3) 2.5kHz, +8dB, Band Filter, Q=1.5
4) 4.2kHz, +3dB, Band Filter, Q=1.5
5) 7.7kHz, -2dB, Band Filter, Q=2
6) 10.2kHz, -3dB, Band Filter, Q=2
7) 16kHz, -3dB, Band Filter, Q=1
My SP1000 doesn't match these frequencies everywhere, for example it does have the 8k and the 12k, but not the 10k, and it doesn't have the 16K, but it does have the 14k and the 18k. The question is: what's the equivalent setting I should point at to get the most similar output? Other said, which setting am I expected to use for, let's say, 14k (gain and Q) and 18k (gain and Q) to approach that suggested 16k setting?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #26 of 33
@Fafner , those settings are from my i4 review. What the SP1000 has is a semi-parametric EQ. Meaning, it has some features of a Parametric EQ, but not all the features. In a proper Parametric EQ, you'd be able to choose any frequency in the spectrum, where as SP1000's EQ only gives you a set of 20 pre-defined frequencies, only which you can adjust. Also, in a parametric EQ, you have different types of filters (low pass, low shelf, high pass, high shelf, peak). SP1000's EQ, from my knowledge only has peak filters.

If your DAP doesn't have those high frequencies, you can either leave it alone or try playing with the most adjacent frequencies to see if you like the effect or not. And if you think you preferred the sound when those adjacent frequencies were left alone, then probably best to go with that option. Let you ear guide you.

Btw, I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news. AK's EQ is kind of poor. Meaning, the effects of EQ are hardly perceived. So there is a good chance you might not be satisfied with SP1000's EQ settings for the i4 as it might not help fix the frequency response and tone.

Jul 25, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #27 of 33
@Fafner , those settings are from my i4 review. What the SP1000 has is a semi-parametric EQ. Meaning, it has some features of a Parametric EQ, but not all the features. In a proper Parametric EQ, you'd be able to choose any frequency in the spectrum, where as SP1000's EQ only gives you a set of 20 pre-defined frequencies, only which you can adjust. Also, in a parametric EQ, you have different types of filters (low pass, low shelf, high pass, high shelf, peak). SP1000's EQ, from my knowledge only has peak filters.

If your DAP doesn't have those high frequencies, you can either leave it alone or try playing with the most adjacent frequencies to see if you like the effect or not. And if you think you preferred the sound when those adjacent frequencies were left alone, then probably best to go with that option. Let you ear guide you.

Btw, I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news. AK's EQ is kind of poor. Meaning, the effects of EQ are hardly perceived. So there is a good chance you might not be satisfied with SP1000's EQ settings for the i4 as it might not help fix the frequency response and tone.

Cheers!

Jun 9, 2020 at 3:04 AM Post #28 of 33
I just got my LCD i4 today and I would say that they sound good with the cipher cable, but I realize that is just the start. Using @EagleWings example (thank you!), I played around with the Parametric EQ of my Lotoo Paw Gold Touch for the i4 and it made me realize just how responsive and flexible the i4 can be. In a sense that you can end up creating your own iems. I've been going back and forth between the 3.5mm cable and cipher v2 and so far I've stuck with the 3.5mm because I wanted to open up the vocals a little bit more. Why not just adjust it over cipher's tuning? Idk something sounded off.

So yeah +1 to EagleWings' tuning :)

Oct 27, 2020 at 2:33 AM Post #29 of 33
I use tylls eq for my isine10 on the audeze app on itouch 5th gen

32hz ==> 0
64hz ==> 0
125hz ==> 0
250hz ==> 0
500hz ==> - 2
1khz ==> - 3
2khz ==> - 2
4khz ==> - 1
8khz ==> 0
16khz ==> 0
Sounds decent on my Cayin N3Pro (only has a graphical EQ, no PEQ). Any chance you've done any tweaks to these settings since you posted this?

Nov 18, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #30 of 33
I have mostly been using my LCD i4 with Reveal or the Cipher cable lately, that I have forgotten the exact EQ settings. But it was somewhat like what I have shared here. Keep in mind that these settings are for use with regular analog cables and not with Audeze’s cipher cable.

10 Band EQ:
31Hz: +2dB
62Hz: +1.5dB
125Hz: +2dB
1kHz: -3dB
2kHz: +7dB
4kHz: +4dB
8kHz: -3dB

Parametric EQ:
90Hz: -4dB, High Shelf, Q=1
1.5kHz: -4dB, Peak Filter, Q=3
3kHz: +10dB, Peak Filter, Q=1.5
8kHz: -4dB, Peak Filter, Q=2

Hello, just got my i4. Would you mind sharing 10 band peq for Toneboosters that would mimic Reveal or better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back