Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
May 19, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #7,246 of 7,348
Just wanted to share my little Frankenstein creation.

It consists of the Audeze LCD-i3 in-ear planar headphone, a Qudelix 5K Bluetooth Amp with magnetic USB-C charger/data connection, a 18-core HiFi-Hear 2.5mm balanced cable, a sacrificial and butchered vintage Sony TRH-2 headphone/band, and about ~16 zip-ties and a few feet of electrical tape.

Looks like crap but MY GOD does it sound absolutely amazing! One of the best things I've ever heard and I'm not afraid to admit it, I just don't care for the looks I sometimes get lol...
Thanks, I hate it.

Jun 28, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #7,248 of 7,348
For me they were not better, better imaging, microdetail and balanced but too clinical tonally....if they had just had that warmth of i20...

Jun 30, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #7,249 of 7,348
Will the ugreen lightning to usb c adapter work with the isines?.has anyone used it
It seems to work, but there are complaints about it stopping to work after a while. I’m using the Anker one with the cipher v2, its been over a year now, and is really flawless. Even the mic works with my Samsung phones. One thing you have to keep in mind if you want to use the cipher with calls is release the music player (USB Audioplayer Pro, NeutronMP…). This little Anker thing is really something else. Works with Android, iPads, Macs, Windows PCs, everything…

Aug 4, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #7,251 of 7,348
Guys any tips to keep spinfits from falling off the nozzles...some kind of tape or not too heavy bond to hold them in place..?

Driving me up the wall..my tips coming off all the time now.

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #7,255 of 7,348
How much better are the lcdi3 than the isine20??
I can’t really tell a difference between my iSine10 (lightning v2 Cipher) and my newer LCD-i3 (BT v2 Cipher)..

They sound about the same. Very uhh, unique separated sound presentation, and to be polite, not very energetic. There is also a flat spot in the treble. My “reference” is a Hyla TE5B, so that take with some sugar.

As such, I wouldn’t expect any huge changes from the 20’s unless they are themselves a large change from the 10’s (in which case the LCD-i3 would still sound like an iSine10..). I was expecting a more tangible upgrade.

Knowing this, I would have bought the $99 BT Cipher cable (and replacement clips) and not the whole LCD-i3 kit.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #7,256 of 7,348
I can’t really tell a difference between my iSine10 (lightning v2 Cipher) and my newer LCD-i3 (BT Cipher)...

I can tell you 100% objectively no opinions about it that the Audeze cables are TRASH and do the whole iSine and i3/4 series a grave injustice.

The BT cable is literally a joke...my $20 Amazon TRN cable not only gets way louder and has more power but the audio quality is unquestionably better. Far less floor noise. Better built. BT 5.0, USB-C. The Cipher is literally cheaper Chinese crap less worth than $20.

The wireless Bluetooth Qudelix 5K and it's balanced 2.5mm output for the same $100 makes the i3 SING!!!... Rivaling my EQ'ed custom leather earpaded Koss ESP-950 electrostatics in many ways. Truly amazing in-ear-ish headphones. I don't plan on ever never ever giving up my i3! Definitely prefer them over the 20's!

I just think Audeze could be doing far far better with their audio source solutions and people like yourself unfortunately are hearing a very cut back version of some of the best headphones I've ever heard.

Sep 13, 2021 at 1:10 AM Post #7,257 of 7,348
I can tell you 100% objectively no opinions about it that the Audeze cables are TRASH and do the whole iSine and i3/4 series a grave injustice.

The BT cable is literally a joke...my $20 Amazon TRN cable not only gets way louder and has more power but the audio quality is unquestionably better. Far less floor noise. Better built. BT 5.0, USB-C. The Cipher is literally cheaper Chinese crap less worth than $20.

The wireless Bluetooth Qudelix 5K and it's balanced 2.5mm output for the same $100 makes the i3 SING!!!... Rivaling my EQ'ed custom leather earpaded Koss ESP-950 electrostatics in many ways. Truly amazing in-ear-ish headphones. I don't plan on ever never ever giving up my i3! Definitely prefer them over the 20's!

I just think Audeze could be doing far far better with their audio source solutions and people like yourself unfortunately are hearing a very cut back version of some of the best headphones I've ever heard.
I have the 5K (feeds the Hyla’s 😅). I don’t like to change EQ although, which is the whole reason for the “Cipher” BS.

I could give it a try. Have recommended EQ settings?

Sep 13, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #7,258 of 7,348
I have the 5K (feeds the Hyla’s 😅). I don’t like to change EQ although, which is the whole reason for the “Cipher” BS.

I could give it a try. Have recommended EQ settings?

Dude these Audeze are made to EQ... They sound nearly crap without it.

They handle everything flawlessly. I have mine pretty V-shaped... They handle bass like you wouldn't believe and can be crisp and crystally without being fatiguing.

Yeah, use 2.5mm if you can, for sure, and try a good bass and treble boost. Lol you've had a 5K this whole time and have never even tried it? YOU'RE KILLING ME!! You've been wasting the things lol!

Sep 13, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #7,259 of 7,348

I have a quidelix and can’t believe I’ve been using this cypher cable like a pleb

edit: I like my iSine again, that Orratory preset is FIRE

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back