Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
May 16, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #7,051 of 7,348
Hi all, I just got the LX from an online deal, and overall they sound good. I am using the reveal plugin with equalizer apo. and therefore (supposedly) have the desired sound target by Audeze.
The setting is isine10/lx

However, I can't help but feel like there is a treble roll off, and nasally midrange, on top of not being very transparent. Is this just how they sound?

1. More specifically, I am wondering if anyone has an eq tailored to the lx, or even the 10. Settings should be in parametric eq form so that I can plug into equalizerapo.

2. An unrelated request, but what's a diy solution for earhooks? While the iems are light enough to fit in my ear, the previous owner didn't send the accessories with it.

Thanks!!
You can check these out: https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/blob/master/results/INDEX.md

Or try my settings (based on one of the above):
Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 00.14.25.png
I use these with my iSine 10 and find them just right at the low SPL I'm used to, otherwise way too bassy. The above width values are given in octaves and might need to be converted depending on what your tool requires.

May 16, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #7,052 of 7,348
The best solution in my opinion is this: Audeze Accessory Kit
Shipping is 37 usd to Canada :frowning2:. is there no diy solution to secure the outer portion in place?
You can check these out: https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/blob/master/results/INDEX.md

Or try my settings (based on one of the above):

I use these with my iSine 10 and find them just right at the low SPL I'm used to, otherwise way too bassy. The above width values are given in octaves and might need to be converted depending on what your tool requires.
Good point, perhaps Audeze's settings were just not for me. Isine 10/lx still similar enough such that I can try other settings, like the auto harman ones. Thanks!

May 17, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #7,054 of 7,348
Hi all, I just got the LX from an online deal, and overall they sound good. I am using the reveal plugin with equalizer apo. and therefore (supposedly) have the desired sound target by Audeze.
The setting is isine10/lx

However, I can't help but feel like there is a treble roll off, and nasally midrange, on top of not being very transparent. Is this just how they sound?

1. More specifically, I am wondering if anyone has an eq tailored to the lx, or even the 10. Settings should be in parametric eq form so that I can plug into equalizerapo.

2. An unrelated request, but what's a diy solution for earhooks? While the iems are light enough to fit in my ear, the previous owner didn't send the accessories with it.

Thanks!!

Mine have the treble roll off but no nasally sounding midrange, and mine have great transparency. I just use the "treble booster" EQ on my iPhone with the BT cable, or EQ the treble in the Audeze app if using the Cipher V2 lightning cable.

I bought this Audeze Accessory Kit

May 19, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #7,055 of 7,348
Guys and gals if you ever get to try DIRC with your iSines do it for movies and TV shows. I'm still using a 3.5 connector and can't wait to find out how good it sounds balanced.

May 19, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #7,057 of 7,348
What is DIRC?
DIRAC sorry missed the A. It is a room correction software that comes with products like Mini DSPs and the Monoprice 788 DAC/AMP. I have it on the 788 and it makes these little planars sound huge.

May 20, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #7,061 of 7,348
If you go through the thread you'll come across different eq profiles for the v2
I’ve searched through the forum a lot but I was only able to find 2 eq profiles for the isine 10 and cipher v2
So if it would be possible for you or anyone else to share their eq settings by taking a screenshot and sharing it here,that’d be great

May 21, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #7,062 of 7,348
I'm
I’ve searched through the forum a lot but I was only able to find 2 eq profiles for the isine 10 and cipher v2
So if it would be possible for you or anyone else to share their eq settings by taking a screenshot and sharing it here,that’d be great
I'm using the morphit plugin in uapp with the isine 10 via 3.5mm through my da3.

May 21, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #7,064 of 7,348
1590107477573.png

oof... on top of this, FedEx piled on a $15 remittance today. RIP canadians. I wish Fedex wasn't the only Courier for the Audeze website.

May 22, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #7,065 of 7,348
Hi all, I'm looking to get into iSine 10 or 20. How much is a fair price to pay if I don't care if it's used or B-stock. Looking to spend as little as possible :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back