Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jun 17, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #6,526 of 7,348
realized that the carrying case is not suitable for daily use, especially with the ear hook and BT module

Any better recommendation?

My wooden case :
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aud...netic-earphones.818870/page-431#post-14974010

Another leather case
20190617_124609.jpg

Jun 22, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #6,528 of 7,348
Is there a how-to for dummies somewhere? Looking at my ES100 EQ settings or Neutron AppI can't see anything that correlates to the measurements i am seeing on these examples ( KMann or yourself..) what am i missing?

Maybe the EQ curves for non idevices need repeating.

First EQ curve posted here by Audeze developer

Second EQ curve, posted by Audeze developer:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aud...netic-earphones.818870/page-167#post-13518210

It would be super helpful, if there was less misinformation about Isines. Too many posters keep repeating that in order to use iSines properly, and to get most out Isines Cipher DSP cable is needed, and of course idevie with Lighting socket.

THIS IS NOT TRUE!. .. THIS IS NOT TRUE!

Yes, Cipher makes using Isines much more convenient, plug in, and enjoy.
With Android or any Audio Out, every home amplifier, every source that has Audio Out can be used with iSines, and just as well. In fact, with top quality source, avoiding Cipher and using regular cable can result in higher quality. But it needs fiddling, not overloading source amp by applying too much EQ, or simply using crappy apps, sub par source.

EQ setting for regular audio out needs huge jump of 10 dB applied, at around 3kHz. Look at the graphs!
Low end needs long, gradual raise from 200Hz, and sustained to very end. From 60Hz downwards, I prefer to raise bass further, at 31Hz I raise it additional 3dB.

Then rapid drop at 10kHz. These are massive jumps, that only EQ can do.
Listening straight audio out, no EQ, results in disastrous response. But ear tips play role as well, with comply foam tips, these curves are out the window, these curves are for Audeze supplied ear tips.

Audeze needs to come up with USB equivalent of Cipher, yesterday.

Jun 24, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #6,530 of 7,348
Jun 24, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #6,532 of 7,348
I was wondering if this cable will work with the isine 10’s RevoNext Detachable Cable,QT2/QT2S/QT3S/QT5/RX8/RX8S Dedicated Cable 0.78mm 2-Pin Upgraded Cable Braided Cable With MIC https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JGRYLWZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_QQheDb78BXWSN

The pins look a little too large but I could really use a mic on my isine’s
Someone on the reviews posted below about iSine 10 and this cable.
More comfortable cable for my iSine 10s
I bought a pair of Audeze iSine 10's a while back but don't often use them because the included cable is awful. It's always getting in the way. This cable works on them, and on top of it now I have volume controls and a mic. I had to make one modification to really get this cable to work well, but it was fairly easy. There is some heat shrink shielding on the ends to provide a bend for these(as they're meant for over the ear IEMs. Taking that shielding off removed the bend and now these are basically perfect for what I need.

I am planning to order it since it is available on prime shipping

Jun 24, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #6,533 of 7,348
Someone on the reviews posted below about iSine 10 and this cable.
More comfortable cable for my iSine 10s
I bought a pair of Audeze iSine 10's a while back but don't often use them because the included cable is awful. It's always getting in the way. This cable works on them, and on top of it now I have volume controls and a mic. I had to make one modification to really get this cable to work well, but it was fairly easy. There is some heat shrink shielding on the ends to provide a bend for these(as they're meant for over the ear IEMs. Taking that shielding off removed the bend and now these are basically perfect for what I need.

I am planning to order it since it is available on prime shipping
The pins just seem a tad bit large in the photo so im a little worried that the pins may not exactly fit into the connector

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #6,534 of 7,348
Samsung note 9
Your best bet is to buy the cipher cable at a discounted price on Audeze website, then purchase the Anker lightning to USB C short converter on Amazon. That combination is the best overall for battery life, sound from the ISine 10, and usable mic and volume buttons. Only thing you don't get is adjustable ew, but the built in dsp makes the ISine 10 sound awesome with the cipher v2 cable that you get for $60 once your ISine is registered on the Audeze website

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:43 AM Post #6,535 of 7,348
Your best bet is to buy the cipher cable at a discounted price on Audeze website, then purchase the Anker lightning to USB C short converter on Amazon. That combination is the best overall for battery life, sound from the ISine 10, and usable mic and volume buttons. Only thing you don't get is adjustable ew, but the built in dsp makes the ISine 10 sound awesome with the cipher v2 cable that you get for $60 once your ISine is registered on the Audeze website
I have them paired to my es100 already, I was looking for a mic in order to connect to my laptop for gaming while I’m out in college, I’m really eyeing that cipher cable though.

Jun 25, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #6,536 of 7,348
Jun 25, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #6,538 of 7,348
BT cable is junk in my opinion. I have tried and and it sounds muddy when I compare regular cable with ES100.
Why doesn't this surprise me :) honestly the ES100 is one of the best match isine 10/20 you can have. Guy here that tried almost all dac's availble on market. Yes even better match than the hugo 2, I know sounds rediculous but it's just like that.

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #6,539 of 7,348
I have them paired to my es100 already, I was looking for a mic in order to connect to my laptop for gaming while I’m out in college, I’m really eyeing that cipher cable though.

I just recently bought this setup with the cipher cable and the anker adapter. I have a OnePlus 6 phone and the mic doesn't work with this setup... All the buttons work on the cable and it even brings up google assistant but, I have no mic at all... It even kills the mic on the phone, it has to be unplugged before I have mic access. Just my experience.

Jun 25, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #6,540 of 7,348
I just recently bought this setup with the cipher cable and the anker adapter. I have a OnePlus 6 phone and the mic doesn't work with this setup... All the buttons work on the cable and it even brings up google assistant but, I have no mic at all... It even kills the mic on the phone, it has to be unplugged before I have mic access. Just my experience.
Sorry to hear that. I have this exact setup on my Razer phone 2, and I get volume, play/pause, and MIC access,just no Google assistant. I guess that's why Audeze said they can't make an Android version of the cable, due to the varied implementation of USB C from phone to phone on Android

Users who are viewing this thread

Back