Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jun 6, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #6,496 of 7,347
Wow! Got the Bluetooth module today and it's excellent in every way! The sound is spectacular. I won't even need to EQ them which is unheard of for me. Having these headphones wireless is huge! I loved it immediately!

I have a bluetooth 5 adaptor connected optically to my computer and It' works perfectly no fuss at all! I still have volume control from the cable which I did not expect! It doesn't change the computer volume which is great. I have a feeling they have it setup so you always have the volume in cable feature which would be really handy!

It's also super light. I don't even notice it, and to me the controls are perfectly placed.

Jun 6, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #6,500 of 7,347
Was your comment in reference to the Audeze bluetooth cipher cable? According to the specs on Audeze's website, their bluetooth cipher cable does not support LDAC.
Nope. Ldac in general. For Mobius, Can’t tell difference between usb and ldac.

For Hugo ditto. Aptx vs wired.

Thus, it is pointless to my ears.

Jun 7, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #6,503 of 7,347
20190607_194022.jpg
Just tried it with my SP1000M and it doesn't play music... strangely I am still able to turn up the volume and play / pause. Bizarre.

Works great with the MacBook though!

I think we have to connect the Sp1000m to a computer and download the USB driver to be able to switch the USB mode from MTP to DAC Input.

I've just got my cable and the same issue is happening to me, the volume control works, play and pause button works but no sound.

In my attached picture I cant get the green tick to move from MTP to DAC Input. I think that what needs to be done in order to get sound.

Unless anyone else reading this knows a better option to get it working and I'm incorrect, please help with this. I really want to enjoy the Lightning Cable on my AK Sp1000m player.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #6,504 of 7,347

I think we have to connect the Sp1000m to a computer and download the USB driver to be able to switch the USB mode from MTP to DAC Input.

I've just got my cable and the same issue is happening to me, the volume control works, play and pause button works but no sound.

In my attached picture I cant get the green tick to move from MTP to DAC Input. I think that what needs to be done in order to get sound.

Unless anyone else reading this knows a better option to get it working and I'm incorrect, please help with this. I really want to enjoy the Lightning Cable on my AK Sp1000m player.

I am unable to select the DAC option too.

Jun 7, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #6,505 of 7,347
I am unable to select the DAC option too.

I spoke to a sound tech guy and he said that the white Anker adapter we've been using isn't OTG, which is why there is no sound. With an OTG cable the sp1000m can be used as a host to power the cipher cable. So I think we would need to buy an iFi OTG cable like the one in the attached pic I've just included, and use that with the anker adaptor cable.

It's a bit of work but hopefully this brings out the sound. If so it's worth it.
20190608_002810.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #6,506 of 7,347
The Anker lightning adapter posted earlier in this thread worked great for me. I tried it plugged into my Oneplus 7 Pro, my main computer, and my Hiby R6 all plugging via type c. It worked perfectly on each device.

On an interesting side note, I ordered a second iSine10 from Audeze directly (vs the one I had received via another website online) and the earhooks are different. These are not flat like the others, they're curved outward. They actually fit on my ear and don't cause any irritation like the older ones. (The size is the same as the two pairs I have). Huge improvement for me personally.

Jun 7, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #6,508 of 7,347
The Anker lightning adapter posted earlier in this thread worked great for me. I tried it plugged into my Oneplus 7 Pro, my main computer, and my Hiby R6 all plugging via type c. It worked perfectly on each device.

On an interesting side note, I ordered a second iSine10 from Audeze directly (vs the one I had received via another website online) and the earhooks are different. These are not flat like the others, they're curved outward. They actually fit on my ear and don't cause any irritation like the older ones. (The size is the same as the two pairs I have). Huge improvement for me personally.

Yeah I believe they improved the earhooks. More rubbery, less likely to break and better shape.

Pretty sure you can order them directly, part #EAR1044-KT. Pretty sure it's one set each of size M and L. I bought a bunch and haven't broken any yet

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #6,509 of 7,347
After some extensive testing, this may be sad but I actually prefer my iSine LX's through the 3.5mm plug and the DragonFly Red USB DAC over that of the Audeze Lightning DAC :xf_eek:.
Shocking yes but I feel the recordings are more alive with this combo. The DragonFly deliver more warmth and I'm super happy about it :).

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #6,510 of 7,347
After some extensive testing, this may be sad but I actually prefer my iSine LX's through the 3.5mm plug and the DragonFly Red USB DAC over that of the Audeze Lightning DAC :xf_eek:.
Shocking yes but I feel the recordings are more alive with this combo. The DragonFly deliver more warmth and I'm super happy about it :).
Interesting....perhaps thats just an LX and a LCDi4 thing. 10 and 20 absolutely sound better via Cipher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back