Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Feb 9, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #6,211 of 7,348
Sadly my zx300 is sold just today, so I no longer be able these two...
But I’m more into a simple combo, and being able to just plug in my phone is so good an experience for me, I’m not sure if I will get another DAP back...
Yes, the cipher cable just does a magic task for iSine with i-devices! The vocal are fuller with tigh bass! However, if you would use the right EQ setings or even without EQ, some good DAPs can also pair the iSine greatly! The soundstage can be wider, more details...

Feb 10, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #6,217 of 7,348
Anybody got a good eq to use with a fiio q5?

Feb 12, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #6,219 of 7,348
Does anyone have both the ver 1 and ver 2 cable and capable of compare those two? The ver1 is a bit big and heavy to my ear, it sometimes make the listening experience not really smooth, so maybe I will take a ver 2. Just want to know if there is an upgrade in sound quality and is it true that it spend less phone battery?

Feb 12, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #6,220 of 7,348
Does anyone have both the ver 1 and ver 2 cable and capable of compare those two? The ver1 is a bit big and heavy to my ear, it sometimes make the listening experience not really smooth, so maybe I will take a ver 2. Just want to know if there is an upgrade in sound quality and is it true that it spend less phone battery?
The V2 is about -4Db less in the 4khz range, as to battery I'm not sure about that.

Feb 12, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #6,221 of 7,348
v2 supposed to be balanced.

Feb 13, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #6,222 of 7,348
v2 supposed to be balanced.
I know it supports balance, but does it make a real - hearable difference?
I played with balance a couple times before, most of them work, but some don’t make a real difference.
Not to mention balance should be consuming more power, not less? Just want to hear some opinions from someone who went through these :D

Feb 13, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #6,224 of 7,348

I have both and prefer V1 substantially. It is more cumbersome but I believe it's also higher build quality.

As far as sound, to my ears V2 sounds much warmer, has a narrower soundstage, and less resolution. After using V2 exclusively for about a month and going back to V1, the sound signature was no contest.

The other downside to V2, is that the steps in volume when using the remote or volume buttons on an iPhone are far too wide. You'll find yourself often in one of those 'this is a bit quiet' situations, clicking up one increment and then in a 'this is too loud' situation. Kind of annoying.

Hope that helps.

Feb 13, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #6,225 of 7,348
The other downside to V2, is that the steps in volume when using the remote or volume buttons on an iPhone are far too wide. You'll find yourself often in one of those 'this is a bit quiet' situations, clicking up one increment and then in a 'this is too loud' situation. Kind of annoying.

Hope that helps.

Yes, you just save me from spending >120$ for a cable that I might not use, so great help!

I would appreciate a lighter cable, but not annoying volume adjustment. I’m quite sensitive to loudness, so this would be a no.

Thanks a lot ❤️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back