Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Nov 5, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #5,866 of 7,348
The best by far is the look back in the thread for a reference to Frank’s custom made clips. There was also mention about the small clear hocks. You actually trim the post of the clip and the corresponding opening in the hook to the proper height to go around your ear for a custom fit. They work amazingly well and are
super comfortable.

Nov 5, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #5,867 of 7,348
The best by far is the look back in the thread for a reference to Frank’s custom made clips. There was also mention about the small clear hocks. You actually trim the post of the clip and the corresponding opening in the hook to the proper height to go around your ear for a custom fit. They work amazingly well and are
super comfortable.

Do u have the link to purchase Frank's custom made clips from ali express? I cant seem to find him..

Nov 5, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #5,868 of 7,348
Is this Zishan DSD AK4497?
Yes it is. Though it looks much better with a custom skin. :)
IMG_20181104_152822.jpg

Nov 11, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #5,872 of 7,348
I wonder if Chinese male usb-c to female lightning adapters would work...

Also, official usb-c to lightning + official apple pencil F-F lightning adapter..

If anybody gets hold of the new ipads let us know..

And, Audeze, I hope you guys are working on a usb-c Cipher v3...it’s high time for Macs too..

I had no idea about the female to female adaptors for the pencil, thanks for keying me into this! I wonder if it's too insane for a (2015) macbook user to try a chain like: Cipher>Lighting F-F adaptor> Lightning M-3.5 M cable. Such a ridiculous thought really, but I do wonder really how much sq would be lost (with respect to using the cipher vs. using the stock 3.5mm terminating cable) in this series. These person work-arounds just to do the simplest things...

Nov 12, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #5,873 of 7,348
I would like to share some new findings with you guys: dragonfly red dac is a sweet combination with my isine 20.

Compared isine 20's with the hifiman ananda headphone: i really liked the hifiman to be honest and strangly enough when in put back my isine 20's i noticed they were actually on the same league in terms of soundstage, airyness, bass, depth. I found the isine 20 had better refined mids, more and better controlled bass. They sounded also very simelar in EQ

Hifiman ananda had a tad more depth, airyness and transparancy, sounded a tad more effortless and felt like a soft cuddle, real sweetheart though

Still surprised how good the isine 20 acually is, its hard to find a better one and have tried many, maybe the lcdi4 is the only way to go? Except for the electrostatic phones

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #5,874 of 7,348
I really wonder why is it so difficult for audeze to make a cable for android users. the difference between cipher and non cipyer is huge, so at least 50% of users own android, so all those are simply ignored. I tried eq settings mentioned here with my android but it does not reach cipher cable level

The biggest down side with isine is forget using it with any Astel and Kern dap period, it will not sound good as AK daps have worst eq out there

Nov 16, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #5,875 of 7,348
I really wonder why is it so difficult for audeze to make a cable for android users. the difference between cipher and non cipyer is huge, so at least 50% of users own android, so all those are simply ignored. I tried eq settings mentioned here with my android but it does not reach cipher cable level

The biggest down side with isine is forget using it with any Astel and Kern dap period, it will not sound good as AK daps have worst eq out there
What android phone do you have and what EQ software did you install?

I strongly disagree with cipher as "only option to sound them good"
But it's the easiest/ cheapest choice if you have already a iphone yes
I think this is a placebo effect

I actually had much better results than cipher cable with my previous LG V20 phone + viper4android
Don't buy DAP's they don't do the job and software is buggy.
Just buy a phone with a good DAC: LG V20 / V30 for example and many other one's on the market, galaxy S9, pocophone F1 are also decent

Nov 16, 2018 at 4:54 AM Post #5,877 of 7,348

Probably because of software compatibility. With iOS, Audeze only needs to make one version of the firmware and they're pretty much guaranteed to work with any device using iOS. On the other hand, Android comes in different modified/customized Android and because of that the compatibility across Android devices couldn't be guaranteed.

I personally have moved to iOS since I have the Sine too. Occassionally still using the iSine 10 as well as they sound better than the Sine, although unfortunately unusable on the subway.

Nov 16, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #5,878 of 7,348
What android phone do you have and what EQ software did you install?

I strongly disagree with cipher as "only option to sound them good"
But it's the easiest/ cheapest choice if you have already a iphone yes
I think this is a placebo effect

I actually had much better results than cipher cable with my previous LG V20 phone + viper4android
Don't buy DAP's they don't do the job and software is buggy.
Just buy a phone with a good DAC: LG V20 / V30 for example and many other one's on the market, galaxy S9, pocophone F1 are also decent

tried it with lg v30, v20, and s8+, also tried v4a, tried it with neutron player and its eq, nothing sounds like using isine with cipher period

Nov 17, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #5,880 of 7,348
I have an Astell & Kern se100 and think it sounds great with my iSine 10 and LCDi4. It has a 20 band parametric EQ. Although I prefer the LCDi4 without EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back