Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Oct 26, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #3,976 of 7,348
Yeah, you where obviously exaggerating, but I don't find the cake flimsy. The two on connection as become rather lose and can fall out at times though. So that's not good.

I've tried two VE espresso cables, but they both started to sound errors than the stock cake in a short amount of time. Think the connections at the 3.5mm end went bad and started cutting out.

Now I have to look for another cable (no more espresso cables for me). Something a little shorter than stock and no expensive.

You can get the Forza IEM cables at 1. 25m length. The top model hybrid IEM would cost 139€ the copper model would be 99€

Cheers

Oct 26, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #3,978 of 7,348
I had the iSINE10, and now have the 20.I also have the M300. I have already posted on the differences, but for me,the m300 gets close to the iSINE, with a bit of EQ,and as you say, is a quite a bit cheaper.I have modified my iSINE, so my M300 is now for sale.

Oct 26, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #3,979 of 7,348
Yeah, you where obviously exaggerating, but I don't find the cake flimsy. The two on connection as become rather lose and can fall out at times though. So that's not good.

I've tried two VE espresso cables, but they both started to sound errors than the stock cake in a short amount of time. Think the connections at the 3.5mm end went bad and started cutting out.

Now I have to look for another cable (no more espresso cables for me). Something a little shorter than stock and no expensive.
All this talk about cake is making me hungry! :o2smile:

Oct 28, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #3,981 of 7,348
Wouldn't planar reveal that iphone's sound quality is bad? I dare not turn on the volume because the high pitched parts will sound like losing control. Anyway, I am really excited when I saw this on amazon, I love the sound of he400 but I cannot take it to bed. If anyone could tell me whether they requires extra attention not to be exposed to high humidity or shock or something like that?

Oct 28, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #3,982 of 7,348
Wouldn't planar reveal that iphone's sound quality is bad? I dare not turn on the volume because the high pitched parts will sound like losing control. Anyway, I am really excited when I saw this on amazon, I love the sound of he400 but I cannot take it to bed. If anyone could tell me whether they requires extra attention not to be exposed to high humidity or shock or something like that?

Why do you think the iPhone sound quality is bad? It's simply sending the same data (up to 48KHz 24bit) to the Audeze DAC and amp. Why should it sound bad?

Oct 28, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #3,983 of 7,348
Why do you think the iPhone sound quality is bad? It's simply sending the same data (up to 48KHz 24bit) to the Audeze DAC and amp. Why should it sound bad?
I should have clarified, I am still thinking about the 3.5mm jack. In that case the dac and amp need to be in the portable player. Not the iPhone 7. Even if it is the lightning, I am guessing, what difference does it make? Putting amp and dac on the ear speaker, the space is too limited still. Maybe if we connect lightning to a portable dac and amp, then things are good. Have you tried isine 20on your iphone? How does it sound?

Oct 28, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #3,984 of 7,348
I should have clarified, I am still thinking about the 3.5mm jack. In that case the dac and amp need to be in the portable player. Not the iPhone 7. Even if it is the lightning, I am guessing, what difference does it make? Putting amp and dac on the ear speaker, the space is too limited still. Maybe if we connect lightning to a portable dac and amp, then things are good. Have you tried isine 20on your iphone? How does it sound?
Personally, I’m really happy with it. It’s how I mostly listen to music when I’m not just playing it through a loudspeaker system. You can use an Apple Camera Connection Kit (cable) to give you a standard USB connection then you can use any DAC if you want to

Oct 28, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #3,985 of 7,348
So, totally stupid (i think) question - I got a new set of 3rd party cables, and while i know which is L/R, they do not have the the alignment grove that the stock connections have.

Is there any risk to plugging these in "backwards"? From my limited EE understanding, i dont think there is a "backwards", but i would rather check then hose up my earphones. I have a multimeter somewhere in storage, and i think it could test continuity (so i could find the matching pins based off the stock cable) if i really need to (aka damage risk)...
So, i guess maybe it is a dumb question, but i would just rather not destroy my cans.. anyone have any input? You can call me names if you are kind enough to include a genuine answer..

Oct 28, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #3,986 of 7,348
So, i guess maybe it is a dumb question, but i would just rather not destroy my cans.. anyone have any input? You can call me names if you are kind enough to include a genuine answer..
To give you peace of mind better use your multimeter. I actually do so when getting a third party cable. I have a couple of cables which have pins connected in reverse on one channel. I am not sure how or if it can actually do damage to your earphone. But it will definitely cause phase mismatch and could have impact with the sound you hear.

I have one ciem that broke and I discovered that I was using this cable with the right channel having the pins in reverse. That is the only thing I can think of as the different when than the rest of my iems.

Oct 28, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #3,987 of 7,348

you can't hurt anything, but they may end up "out of phase" (i think that's the term) which some people claim to be able to hear. Yes it's best to use a meter to be sure.

Oct 28, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #3,988 of 7,348
You are meaning plugging them in opposite polarity(+ and -, red and black) swapped. They will change the sound, but will not damage the drivers. With connections in opposite, the drivers are functioning inverse of the input signal. You can look at it that way. Some people may not tell a difference right away. What I notice is, sound is narrow with opposite polarity. They usually mark a dot(red color) for where the hot(red or +) wire should connect. Ultimate Ears did that with their customs. Or usually R or L is marked on one side, and usually the R or L faces on the outer side.

I've had instances when I connected them in opposite polarity, and I thought it sounded congested, and thought the iem was crap, and cursed!! But, then I realized I had the polarity swapped.

Get a meter, and do a continuity check, and look at the 3.5mm plug layout, and find ground, and check with a meter touch either of the two pins, if it beeps, that one should be - or ground polarity.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back