Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Sep 18, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #3,586 of 7,348
What tips generally fit on the isine 10 i have spinfits comply symbio rha double flange none really fit the nozzle apart from ones that came with Isine 10's.

Does it help the sound changing tip's on these iem's?

Sep 18, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #3,587 of 7,348
What tips generally fit on the isine 10 i have spinfits comply symbio rha double flange none really fit the nozzle apart from ones that came with Isine 10's.

Does it help the sound changing tip's on these iem's?
* Spinfit twinblade (dual flange) 230-M will definitely fit. Those are my current favorite. Penon carries them.
(There's also somebody here who swears regular spinfits can be made to work, but I sure couldn't do it)

* Comply 600 tips will definitely work. These are very comfortable but will change the sound a bit

* JVC Spiral Dots fit -- although it can be tricky to get them stretched around the nozzle. These work really well especially if you want to be able to seat the iSine deeper in your ear. (Because they don't stick out as far as most other tips)

* Audeze's groovy tips are very good, if they fit your ears well. I personally find that they are not comfortable to wear for very long periods (okay for 1-2 hours, uncomfortable longer than that.)

Sep 19, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #3,589 of 7,348
I've majorly updated the EQ settings i posted many times on this thread. still a work in process...
Note the low and high shelf

These are EQ apo settings and can be pasted in as is.

Much more of a "neutral" sound than before.

Preamp: -9.5 dB

Filter 1: ON LS Fc 120 Hz Gain 7 dB
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -5 dB Q .9
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain 8.5 dB Q .1
Filter 4: ON HS Fc 9000 Hz Gain 1 dB

Sep 19, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #3,590 of 7,348
After being frustrated with the fit, I was ready to just pack the iSine10 up and wait till I can get back to the store but I am willing to at least give them a chance since they do sound great when they're properly fitted.. Ear hooks are a must, and I find that to get the proper sound you have to make sure not to push the tips into your ear at all but let them just rest in your ear canal. Is this how everyone else is using them? I'm still trying to figure out a size but the largest works pretty well as far as I've found with this design.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #3,592 of 7,348
After being frustrated with the fit, I was ready to just pack the iSine10 up and wait till I can get back to the store but I am willing to at least give them a chance since they do sound great when they're properly fitted.. Ear hooks are a must, and I find that to get the proper sound you have to make sure not to push the tips into your ear at all but let them just rest in your ear canal. Is this how everyone else is using them? I'm still trying to figure out a size but the largest works pretty well as far as I've found with this design.

Insertion depth seems to be entirely down to individual preference. If you haven't already tried different tips, that may help a lot with fit and comfort. However, if you're on the fence about returning them, you may not want to spend more money experimenting to get a good fit.

Sep 19, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #3,593 of 7,348
* Spinfit twinblade (dual flange) 230-M will definitely fit. Those are my current favorite. Penon carries them.
(There's also somebody here who swears regular spinfits can be made to work, but I sure couldn't do it)

* Comply 600 tips will definitely work. These are very comfortable but will change the sound a bit

* JVC Spiral Dots fit -- although it can be tricky to get them stretched around the nozzle. These work really well especially if you want to be able to seat the iSine deeper in your ear. (Because they don't stick out as far as most other tips)

* Audeze's groovy tips are very good, if they fit your ears well. I personally find that they are not comfortable to wear for very long periods (okay for 1-2 hours, uncomfortable longer than that.)

Many thanks for the in depth analysis i will get a few tips ordered.

Sep 19, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #3,594 of 7,348
If anyone wishes to follow any new updates on frequency response adjusments for Equalizer APO, I have them available in my review here:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/audeze-isine-20.22038/reviews#review-19160

Preamp: -14 dB
Filter: ON LS Fc 50 Hz Gain 14 dB
Filter: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -2 dB Q 17
Filter: ON PK Fc 1100 Hz Gain -3.5 dB Q 1
Filter: ON PK Fc 1500 Hz Gain -2 dB Q 3.5
Filter: ON PK Fc 2500 Hz Gain 5 dB Q 2
Filter: ON PK Fc 3300 Hz Gain 3 dB Q 1.8
Filter: ON PK Fc 4500 Hz Gain 7 dB Q 2.5
Filter: ON PK Fc 5500 Hz Gain -4 dB Q 7
Filter: ON PK Fc 6500 Hz Gain 4 dB Q 5
Filter: ON PK Fc 9000 Hz Gain 2 dB Q 9
Filter: ON PK Fc 10000 Hz Gain -2 dB Q 10
Filter: ON PK Fc 17000 Hz Gain 2 dB Q 10
Filter: ON PK Fc 20000 Hz Gain 5 dB Q 8

I had a setting earlier but I believe this one proves to be much more enjoyable.
There's still a tad bit of an odd response somewhere in the lower treble that translates to a slight honk in violins, but I realized that violins aren't dark sounding either. So I'll let my ears adjust to the sound :)

I always wanted airy mids with no sibilance and a deep sub bass.
Extremely happy with the outcome for this song in particular:

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #3,595 of 7,348
Hi guys,

I have a suggestion and a question,

First, Can we gather different eq recommendations under one post by any means instead of searching each time the whole thread for different eq settings, even people can send their recommended eq to thread owner and pin it on second post or something, if thats an option.

And my question is .. this is the best setting that works for me till now and it gives a clearer sound while still sounding full (other eq settings sounded clear but sounded too thin that it seemed unnatural )

Here is my favorite eq setting on rockbox (original by Kmann) :

20170919_224538.jpg

But the problem with some songs, there seem to be some distortion that i cant figure which frequency causes it.

Honestly, its my first time to use an eq with an iem, so no experience with it.

I tried some rockbox option called adaptive fatigue reduction and it clears the distortion but it have some effect to it that i dont like.

So any suggessions to modify this eq and fix the distortion. Sure i might fix it with trial and error but better to understand from you here.

Anything you recon is fishy with this eq setting?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #3,596 of 7,348
Hi guys,

I have a suggestion and a question,

First, Can we gather different eq recommendations under one post by any means instead of searching each time the whole thread for different eq settings, even people can send their recommended eq to thread owner and pin it on second post or something, if thats an option.

And my question is .. this is the best setting that works for me till now and it gives a clearer sound while still sounding full (other eq settings sounded clear but sounded too thin that it seemed unnatural )

Here is my favorite on rockbox :

But the problem with some songs, there seem to be some distortion that i cant figure which frequency causes it.

Honestly, its my first time to use an eq with an iem, so no experience with it.

I tried some rockbox option called adaptive fatigue reduction and it clears the distortion but it have some effect to it that i dont like.

So any suggessions to modify this eq and fix the distortion. Sure i might fix it with trial and error but better to understand from you here.

Anything you recon is fishy with this eq setting?

Thanks

Preamp: -1.6 dB
Filter: ON LS Fc 390 Hz Gain -2.7 dB Q 0.9
Filter: ON PK Fc 730 Hz Gain -3.1 dB Q 0.9
Filter: ON PK Fc 1500 Hz Gain -6.1 dB Q 1.0
Filter: ON PK Fc 2540 Hz Gain -6 dB Q 2.1
Filter: ON PK Fc 3970 Hz Gain 3.7 dB Q 1.3
Filter: ON PK Fc 10150 Hz Gain -5.1 dB Q 4.4
Filter: ON PK Fc 200 Hz Gain -4 dB Q 0.7
Filter: ON PK Fc 12160 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 0.6
Filter: ON PK Fc 7670 Hz Gain 1.6 dB Q 0.7
Filter: ON HS Fc 13330 Hz Gain 0 dB Q 1.0
Change 730hz to 800hz and tap it down a few decibels. I found a liking to -6db. But I take it you've adjusted it because you like a more relaxed sound.
Also I personally don't like being the thread starter, it's too much work :frowning2:

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #3,597 of 7,348

Hey buddy, I've been through where you're at with the iSine. I think it took me a bit of experimentation before I found my ideal fit/presentation with the Comply Comfort tips. I'd really recommend checking out ORB shaped foam over cylinder shared foam for these.

It seems to retain the soundstage and presentation while bringing the bass into balance with the rest of the presentation. Try the medium and large maybe in a mixed sizing kit.

Another option is the "Rebound" Orb shaped foamies on Amazon. Much less expensive and very good. I replace them often and use the Rebound.

The Rebound are kind of a bitch to get on there and I'd recommend starting with the Comply to test for that reason. If you enjoy it and want an inexpensive alternative, give Rebound a shot.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #3,598 of 7,348
Preamp: -1.6 dB
Filter: ON LS Fc 390 Hz Gain -2.7 dB Q 0.9
Filter: ON PK Fc 730 Hz Gain -3.1 dB Q 0.9
Filter: ON PK Fc 1500 Hz Gain -6.1 dB Q 1.0
Filter: ON PK Fc 2540 Hz Gain -6 dB Q 2.1
Filter: ON PK Fc 3970 Hz Gain 3.7 dB Q 1.3
Filter: ON PK Fc 10150 Hz Gain -5.1 dB Q 4.4
Filter: ON PK Fc 200 Hz Gain -4 dB Q 0.7
Filter: ON PK Fc 12160 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 0.6
Filter: ON PK Fc 7670 Hz Gain 1.6 dB Q 0.7
Filter: ON HS Fc 13330 Hz Gain 0 dB Q 1.0
Change 730hz to 800hz and tap it down a few decibels. I found a liking to -6db.
If you're wondering about the slight recession for female vocals with higher octave ranges, it's because of the 2540hz -6db reduction there. But I take it you've adjusted it because you like a more relaxed sound.
Also I personally don't like being the thread starter, it's too much work :frowning2:

Thanks buddy, i will alter the values try it out and check how it goes ..

Honestly for the 2540 frequency i didnt modify it at all, took it as it is from some setting posted here, but doesnt feel recessed to me at all, if anything at all it sounds good with most of female voices and shouty with some exceptions of them, but i will alter it also to check the difference ..

Ye, the thread starter always has a lot of work :D

But i mean if it is accepted as a concept may be i can help and others too, the problem that each one keeps modifying and improving on their settings, at then end too many eq settings scattered around..

I will try also your equalizer apo, the problem i cant find an android app with more than 10 bands except may be onkyo hf and i hate its graphical equalizer it sounds a bit odd to me, but i will find a way to try it out.

Sep 19, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #3,599 of 7,348
Thanks buddy, i will alter the values try it out and check how it goes ..

Honestly for the 2540 frequency i didnt modify it at all, took it as it is from some setting posted here, but doesnt feel recessed to me at all, if anything at all it sounds good with most of female voices and shouty with some exceptions of them, but i will alter it also to check the difference ..

Ye, the thread starter always has a lot of work :D

But i mean if it is accepted as a concept may be i can help and others too, the problem that each one keeps modifying and improving on their settings, at then end too many eq settings scattered around..

I will try also your equalizer apo, the problem i cant find an android app with more than 10 bands except may be onkyo hf and i hate its graphical equalizer it sounds a bit odd to me, but i will find a way to try it out.

Don't worry about trying my settings out, yours is very similar and sounds great.
Here's the measurements for the iSine 20: https://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeiSine20.pdf
All I did was try and compensate values for the iSine 20 to sound like an HD600 found here: https://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserHD600.pdf
Here's what I found when equalizing the iSine 20.

50hz low shelf filter by 14db gives off the impression that there's bass except when called for. Good side is that this increase is not invasive unless if the recording calls for it.
100hz -> 500hz thickens the mids, it sounds good with the HD600 but not so much the iSine 20.
800hz -> 1000hz needs a slight reduction, as this area tends to make the mids honky. I cheated and made a slight dip in 1khz, so I can keep the volume between 800-900hz to keep the mids forward.
1000hz-> 1500hz hazes the mids, makes brass instruments honky and vocals tinny.
2000hz seems to be fine, this should be left untouched from my adjusments
2500hz needs a slight increase, as this gives female vocals the sweetness I desire
3000hz -> 4000hz increase is desired, as it brightens up vocals. I like brighter sounding headphones.
4000hz -> 5000hz increase was desired, this brightens up violins, I recently reduced mine as violins were slightly too resonant
5500hz was slightly reduced to avoid grainy mids and reduce fatigue from the bright mids I set up
6500hz was increased to give airy mids
9000hz slightly increased to give treble texture
10000hz reduced to remove metallic treble
17000hz increased for extra sparkle
20000hz increased for airy treble and extension.

Sep 19, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #3,600 of 7,348
Hey buddy, I've been through where you're at with the iSine. I think it took me a bit of experimentation before I found my ideal fit/presentation with the Comply Comfort tips. I'd really recommend checking out ORB shaped foam over cylinder shared foam for these.

It seems to retain the soundstage and presentation while bringing the bass into balance with the rest of the presentation. Try the medium and large maybe in a mixed sizing kit.

Another option is the "Rebound" Orb shaped foamies on Amazon. Much less expensive and very good. I replace them often and use the Rebound.

The Rebound are kind of a bitch to get on there and I'd recommend starting with the Comply to test for that reason. If you enjoy it and want an inexpensive alternative, give Rebound a shot.

I appreciate the response man, but if I'm being honest I don't want to have to try a bunch of different tips to maybe get an ideal fit. I was glad to be able to give Audeze's sound a try and will definitely buy an Audeze product again in the future, but with a different form factor. Not a knock against the iSine since I'm not a huge fan of IEMs to begin with but was expecting a high-end IEM to blow away the comfort and sound I'm used to. They do on the sound front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back