Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Aug 6, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #3,256 of 7,348
@Audeze I bought the iSine 20 last May during my vacation there in the US, I am from the Philippines by the way. Yesterday, I was still using the headphones in the morning & it was still working. At night, I wanted to use the headphones but the left earpiece wasn't working anymore. I tried to troubleshoot myself by switching the cables (L & R), the left earpiece didn't work. I also tried my PS cables, the left earpiece still didn't work. Is this covered by the warranty? How do I go about it? I'm from the Philippines & there is no Audeze authorized dealer here. I already sent an email to the tech support team. I hope I can get a reply soon because I really love this headphones, by far the best that I have ever owned! It's really unfortunate that my unit malfunctioned, I know that (after reading through the forums) your company adopts high quality standards.

Please advice.

Thank you very much!

Aug 6, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #3,257 of 7,348
@Audeze I bought the iSine 20 last May during my vacation there in the US, I am from the Philippines by the way. Yesterday, I was still using the headphones in the morning & it was still working. At night, I wanted to use the headphones but the left earpiece wasn't working anymore. I tried to troubleshoot myself by switching the cables (L & R), the left earpiece didn't work. I also tried my PS cables, the left earpiece still didn't work. Is this covered by the warranty? How do I go about it? I'm from the Philippines & there is no Audeze authorized dealer here. I already sent an email to the tech support team. I hope I can get a reply soon because I really love this headphones, by far the best that I have ever owned! It's really unfortunate that my unit malfunctioned, I know that (after reading through the forums) your company adopts high quality standards.

Please advice.

Thank you very much!

Contact them at support@audeze.com

Aug 7, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #3,261 of 7,348
I am having Isine 20 for 2 weeks now. Listening time is divided as I do prefer with Ipad (actually belong to my kids so only at night I could use it).

For me I can never get a good seal. I always use smallest of the tips as larger ones does not fit. Now the tube in isine20 is larger than XS size tips that I use so when I put these on it barely give a seal and almost falling out. I cannot get a proper seal. How much seal are these meant to get becuase Audeze should put a warning otherwise saying -> NOT suitable if you use Small or XS tips. In that sense my westone w80 fit like no other- perfect comfort than any other i had tried (AKG K3003, Shure Se846 and JH Roxanne). Any advise appreciated. I am actually planning to pass isine20 to my wife with a new iphone and she would anyway need small tips as well so not sure what to do.

Sound wise- I like the sound but I kind of feel like there is some unnatural touch to the vocals compared to IEMs (AKG K3003, Shure Se846 and JH Roxanne) and full size cans I have used (LCD2, K712, K812, HD800, HE400i, HE560, HE6, HE1K, ELears etc). I do not know what it is but something artificial about it. Not sure if it is DSP. I did not check much with the standard cable. Here this guy also give a bad review due to the same fact

Aug 7, 2017 at 5:48 AM Post #3,262 of 7,348
Good idea!

Don't know if the OP is still around to change it.

Also I don't think we need all the eq settings but just the preset that is shown in APP and the Q. so this way people can mimic the same sound sig that Audeze intended for people to hear with the cipher, and adjust from there.

Aye, i am still here, but you will have to give me some time to try to get things together for an update (life is kinda crazy right now). But its a good idea, so i will do what i can!

Aug 7, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #3,263 of 7,348
Great news!
I think all the EQ suggestions should be posted on the first page. Ive spent a few minutes looking for it but it sucks to do it on a phone.

Understand that EQ is necessary to correct the variation in ear shapes but I find it odd to have market these as an inear and yet not taking such variations into account. Instead having (non-apple) users to EQ to achieve what should be designed in. Mind you, not everyone has access to robust EQ and some hires formats are not even affected by EQ. Still, I find the iSine interesting as it is, just wondering on the design concepts behind these... Or are these really meant for Apple users only?

Aug 7, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #3,264 of 7,348
Understand that EQ is necessary to correct the variation in ear shapes but I find it odd to have market these as an inear and yet not taking such variations into account. Instead having (non-apple) users to EQ to achieve what should be designed in. Mind you, not everyone has access to robust EQ and some hires formats are not even affected by EQ. Still, I find the iSine interesting as it is, just wondering on the design concepts behind these... Or are these really meant for Apple users only?
I do not think they are meant for Apple users only, I do like the sound very much with my Hifiman HM901 as well. One should definitely do some tip rolling to find the optimal seal, for me it was JVC spiral tips.

Aug 7, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #3,265 of 7,348
I do not think they are meant for Apple users only, I do like the sound very much with my Hifiman HM901 as well. One should definitely do some tip rolling to find the optimal seal, for me it was JVC spiral tips.

Quite right, and tip rolling kind of epitomise what I see the biggest issue with these....fitting. Giving or taking sub bass that entirely change the signature. To compound the issue, they are also rather selective on the music they play well with. One day, I will think that they are the best sounding phones I have, on others, I think they are the worst.

Nonetheless, love them for their very nature of having sound leaks. The kind of leaks that blend superbly with the surrounding noise. Listening to Bach or Taylor Swift in a busy city life give very different backdrop to the activities around me.... Sweet!

Aug 7, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #3,266 of 7,348
I am having Isine 20 for 2 weeks now. Listening time is divided as I do prefer with Ipad (actually belong to my kids so only at night I could use it).

For me I can never get a good seal. I always use smallest of the tips as larger ones does not fit. Now the tube in isine20 is larger than XS size tips that I use so when I put these on it barely give a seal and almost falling out. I cannot get a proper seal. How much seal are these meant to get becuase Audeze should put a warning otherwise saying -> NOT suitable if you use Small or XS tips. In that sense my westone w80 fit like no other- perfect comfort than any other i had tried (AKG K3003, Shure Se846 and JH Roxanne). Any advise appreciated. I am actually planning to pass isine20 to my wife with a new iphone and she would anyway need small tips as well so not sure what to do.

Sound wise- I like the sound but I kind of feel like there is some unnatural touch to the vocals compared to IEMs (AKG K3003, Shure Se846 and JH Roxanne) and full size cans I have used (LCD2, K712, K812, HD800, HE400i, HE560, HE6, HE1K, ELears etc). I do not know what it is but something artificial about it. Not sure if it is DSP. I did not check much with the standard cable. Here this guy also give a bad review due to the same fact

yeah, these are unconventional iems, so you have to kind of think out of the box when your tip rolling. You might wanna try different positions for the ear hook too.

What I found works best for me is not using any of the tips that are provided and going with the largest spiral dots. letting the tip seal the outer part of the ear canal and adjusting the ear hook to the point that I get good clamp force to hold the iem in place. Before finding the best fit, i couldn't use the cipher cable when i was walking around becaus the added weight would pull the iem down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back