Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jul 5, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #2,926 of 7,348
And also about the EQ, i don't think we should HAVE to use EQ to make them sound good, I would have to get a good EQ for windows and a good one for android.
What you suggest?

You do not have to use the Cipher or EQ to make them sound good. The iSines without EQ still sound very good and the imaging is better than most in-ear headphones. The Cipher and other EQ options are like the cherry on top of the ice cream. We added groovy tips a while ago to all packages. When did you get yours from Amazon ? Contact support@Audeze and they should be able to simply mail them to you.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jul 5, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #2,932 of 7,348
I had to EQ in the bass. Some people say the bass is deep and others say it is bass light like me. I get a good seal so I know that isn't my problem. I just think it's an everyone-has-different-ears issue.

On the plus side, the iSINE respond to EQ like no other phone. I like the mids and treble as they are so I just add in to the lower frequencies.

Edit:. I believe it is Comply 600. I will have to double check when I get home from work.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #2,933 of 7,348
Which comply type?

I've had great sounds with the isolation, comfort and sport types. You want the 600 size but 500 works too with a little stretching.

For an in the ear seal, I'd recommend the comfort series. For a shallow seal, the isolation series. I recently went back to isolation with shallow seal but they honestly all sound good in their own way. I also found that if I wanted Planar bass, that the large size worked best for me but I bought the multi size starter packs to figure that out.

If I were starting over, I'd start with the large sized Comfort and Isolation series and try them with those relative seal depths. I'm a very medium sized guy at 5'8" and don't know if my ear canals are genuinely large or if the tighter seal helps with the presentation. Either way, many friends have tried the large and loved them.

Jul 6, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #2,934 of 7,348
Which comply type?
We've discussed this more in-depth earlier in the thread, if you use the search function both me and AlwaysForward (and others) have given our impressions on various comply tips and "modding" them. Size-wise you need the 600-series. In short: Complys give better comfort, stay in place better and seal better. Sound-wise they give a darker sound with more bass, less airy highs. Comfort series darkens the sound the least (I think), can be even less dark by cutting off 1-2mm of the tip.

Also, if you haven't already, try eq. Just the cipher will bring out the bass a lot compared to stock analog. Isines respond extremely well to eq and boosting the bass 6db++ more than cipher is no problem. The cleanness, speed, extension of the isine bass is just awesome imo, Imo it's better than my Elears.

Jul 6, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #2,935 of 7,348
Hello hidaven,

Yes the i4 cable can be used on the i20's without a problem. In fact the cipher cable will work on the i4's but not very well as the DAC/AMP does not carry enough power. The cable for the i4 is actually quite light for a silver/copper mixture and does not tangle very easily. It looks nice and it is not, IMO, a cable that needs to be replaced by some upscale version. The fit is nice and tight which is what I like about the Audeze iSine lineup.

Pope Cabelot

If only Audeze would offer a balanced version...

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #2,937 of 7,348
If only Audeze would offer a balanced version...
The problem is there are so many different balanced connectors. I need 4.4mm but you may need 2.5mm.

I think offering 3.5mm SE is the right way to do it. There's plenty of choice for balanced aftermarket cables to suit every budget. One of my favourites only cost $85 including shipping.

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #2,939 of 7,348
cables received.

pictures over in taobao in comment parts.

【4N纯银 铜银混编VSD3 VSD3S ZS3 ZS5升级线 2.5 4级平衡线】,点击链接再选择浏览器打开http://c.b1yt.com/h.PAmMha?cv=L41VZA8H1ip&sm=a3e145 ,或复制这条信息¥L41VZA8H1ip¥后打开手机淘宝

4 X kz zs5 or audeze isine cable. 1 x audeze sine 1 x audeze LCD 1 x akg k712 All of excellent workmanship and highest craftsmanship available. The foil shielding could be bit hard. Much more details in instruments. And give better kick for bass. For the sine factory default cable, it definitely belongs to the bin. Offer much better before and after sales service than audeze. Nice chap, extremely responsible and reliable. only speaks chinese.need Google translate.ship overseas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back