Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Mar 23, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #1,816 of 7,348
Finally got my iSine 10s, amazing experience, especially when using them with the Onkyo dp-x1 dap plus Mojo! The combination blew my mind away from the moment I pressed play in terms of separation, soundstage with a tight and controlled bass. I will use them mostly for classical and jazz. I also have the cypher option and will give a good listen, but for now couldn't be happier with my (quite portable) rig:))

I ordered iSine10 and Onkyo player also and I am interested to know what you think about their pairing without the Mojo.

Mar 23, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #1,817 of 7,348
  my iSINE 10 arrived today ( thanks Razordog.great price great comunication and fast shipping ! ).

That's a good point; I just checked, and Razordog Audio has the iSINE 10s with just the standard cable for $289 USD (any additional shipping probably depends on your area). That's a real deal in my opinon. I think that price is because they were demo units; the completely new models are $349 USD and up.

Link here for reference.

Mar 23, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #1,818 of 7,348
Be careful of buying demo models. I unknowingly bought a demo model and the Cipher cable failed within a week. Audeze refused to replace it because the serial showed it was a demo, so no warranty.

Mar 23, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #1,819 of 7,348
  Be careful of buying demo models. I unknowingly bought a demo model and the Cipher cable failed within a week. Audeze refused to replace it because the serial showed it was a demo, so no warranty.

Interesting.. I forgot to mention Razordog offers full warranty on them (or at least they claim to). I wonder how that plays out in this situation.

That's a good point though, and thanks for the tip. Where did you get your demo model from?

Mar 23, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #1,820 of 7,348
  Interesting.. I forgot to mention Razordog offers full warranty on them (or at least they claim to). I wonder how that plays out in this situation.

That's a good point though, and thanks for the tip. Where did you get your demo model from?

I bought it from a seller on Reddit. Here is what Audeze support had to say

Jaren (Audeze Customer Service Center)
Feb 28, 9:09 AM PST

Hey Adam

So we've looked up that serial number that you provided us and, unfortunately, it looks like we sent that unit out as a free marketing demo which means that it does not have a warranty. 

Based on this I am unable to offer you a replacement CIPHER cable under warranty. However, you are welcome to send your current cable in to us for testing. If you would like to purchase a replacement CIPHER cable for your iSINEs, they should be available towards the end of March.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best Regards
Jaren

Mar 23, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #1,821 of 7,348
Interesting.. like I said, I wonder how that would play out since Razordog says they include a full warranty card with your purchase. I suppose one would have to email them and find out.

Mar 23, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #1,822 of 7,348
  Interesting.. like I said, I wonder how that would play out since Razordog says they include a full warranty card with your purchase. I suppose one would have to email them and find out.

Our demo models aren't free from Audeze, but rather paid units we've tried with various equipment or sent to industry people for reviews. So, the full warranty from Audeze remains intact.

Mar 23, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #1,823 of 7,348
  Our demo models aren't free from Audeze, but rather paid units we've tried with various equipment or sent to industry people for reviews. So, the full warranty from Audeze remains intact.

Brian,

Can you help answer this question?

Are the iSINE20 have a better manufacturing tolerance compared to the iSINE10? I.e. are the left/right imbalance less on the iSINE20 compared to the iSINE10? As a retailer of Audeze products, believe they (Audeze) are more willing to answer than to a common consumer.

Would appreciate if you ask Audeze this question and advise.

Thanks.

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #1,824 of 7,348
So we've looked up that serial number that you provided us and, unfortunately, it looks like we sent that unit out as a free marketing demo which means that it does not have a warranty. 

The RazorDog unit and the free demo unit mentioned are completely different scenarios.  Sometimes Audeze sends out demo units for reviews. Almost every single time, the unit comes back to us after the review is completed. Once in a while a unit ends up on ebay. These are units that Audeze does not offer full warranty on. Any unit bought from us or from authorized dealers are covered by warranty.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Mar 24, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #1,825 of 7,348
Are the iSINE20 have a better manufacturing tolerance compared to the iSINE10? I.e. are the left/right imbalance less on the iSINE20 compared to the iSINE10? 

Both the iSine10 and 20s are individually matched.  The right/left imbalance on both are very negligible. 

As a retailer of Audeze products, believe they (Audeze) are more willing to answer than to a common consumer

hmmm.. We  answer questions on headfi and PMs almost every day. Our emails are usually answered within a day, so are social media messages. Our customer support works from 9 to 5 pacific time. 

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Mar 24, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #1,826 of 7,348
  hmmm.. We  answer questions on headfi and PMs almost every day. Our emails are usually answered within a day, so are social media messages. Our customer support works from 9 to 5 pacific time. 

Sorry, asked this question sometime back ago and probably forgotten with all the subsequent posts. 

Thanks for letting me know that the left and right drivers (of both iSINE10/20) are individually matched and the differences are negligible. Can I ask by what amount does Audeze consider to be negligible? Is it +/-0.3dB or less?

Thank you.

Mar 24, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #1,827 of 7,348
I just placed my order for the iSine 10...so.excited! :D

I don't understand why everyone has this belief that portable 'phones NEED to be closed and isolating. I actually dislike wearing isolating 'phones out and about; to that end I traded my Audio Technica IM03s for a pair of Sennheiser MX985s and I've been happier and more relaxed ever since. I feel it's valuable to be able to hear things and especially people around me. Who knows when the pretty girl behind you in line might say something that gives you the perfect opportunity to jump in with a witty joke, or something? And if the pretty girl is talking about her church or something, that's good to know too and I can still tune her out. Closed earphones don't have that flexibility.

I also don't have to ride public transportation or have to endure any other truly invasive noise very often, and it isn't hard to stash a small pair of IEMs for those occasions. The Philips SHE3905, for example, is TINY, costs less than $10 online, and has fantastic, truly giant-killing sound quality. I think everybody should have a pair, even if it's just a backup to leave in your car or bag or locker.

The open iSine + the closed 3905 = all conceivable conditions covered, with class! :p

Mar 24, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #1,828 of 7,348
Has anyone gotten to know both the 10 and the 20? What is the difference, really? Are we talking about a difference on the scale of upgrading a stock IEM tip to a spiral dot/spinfit/comply? Or is it more subtle than that, like the difference between an OFC cable and an OCC or silver cable?

Will the 20 sound significantly better even with 320kbps mp3s, or do you really need 24 bit DSD files to really see the difference?

Mar 24, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #1,829 of 7,348
Has anyone gotten to know both the 10 and the 20? What is the difference, really? Are we talking about a difference on the scale of upgrading a stock IEM tip to a spiral dot/spinfit/comply? Or is it more subtle than that, like the difference between an OFC cable and an OCC or silver cable?

Will the 20 sound significantly better even with 320kbps mp3s, or do you really need 24 bit DSD files to really see the difference?

The 20 is significantly better than the 10. I'm saying that as a reviewer of both, not an owner.

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #1,830 of 7,348

I had a question a while back... not sure it got answered...  so the question is...  " what do you do with the units that get sent back in after people use them for 30 days..  "  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back