Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Mar 9, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #1,696 of 7,348

have you burned them in?

yes I can agree out of the box there a bit off, but I also heard ALOT  of potential hiding there, so I burned them in for 200 hours or so, and in the end Holy Sh1t, they opened up and became my favorite IEM,

Those impressions are in comparison to the stock tips. As in the stock tips sound great, then the decibullz tips sound boxed in and terrible.

Burn in is a silly concept. They sound the same as day 1.

To clarify, I love the sound of the iSine20 with stock tips or spinfit tips. When I use the decibullz tips, they sound horrible.

Mar 9, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #1,697 of 7,348
I've used mine with all 3 stock tip sizes and have not noticed a difference in sound quality, even if i try two different sizes at once.  I'm always able to get a "seal",  though the insertion depth varies.

Mar 10, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #1,698 of 7,348
Hi,
I'm contemplating getting the 20's as it seems one of the best value for money phones you can get.
Would you agree? I was contemplating spending ~$1000 on HD800 or even more for a used HE1000. However these cans would probably require me to upgrade my Oppo HA-2SE dac+amp in order to sound their best.
Am I wrong to think that for $550 I will get excellent results with my Oppo and no need for extra spendings?

I listen mostly to classic but occasionaly vocals, jazz as well.

Thanks!

Mar 10, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #1,699 of 7,348
  Hi,
I'm contemplating getting the 20's as it seems one of the best value for money phones you can get.
Would you agree? I was contemplating spending ~$1000 on HD800 or even more for a used HE1000. However these cans would probably require me to upgrade my Oppo HA-2SE dac+amp in order to sound their best.
Am I wrong to think that for $550 I will get excellent results with my Oppo and no need for extra spendings?

I listen mostly to classic but occasionaly vocals, jazz as well.

Thanks!

Get the HD800's if you listen to mostly classical, its still the best for classical/orchestra and nothing beats it still.
The HE-1000 is good at everything but there is nothing special about it, its also a bit heavy. 

Mar 10, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #1,700 of 7,348
There may be a separate thread on this, but I would appreciate it if some folks could comment on their impressions with their Dap. I'm not an Apple guy.   I have iSine 20s on the way as well as the new Fiio x5 third generation. If anyone has listened to that combo or any others I would appreciate their impressions

Mar 10, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #1,701 of 7,348
  Get the HD800's if you listen to mostly classical, its still the best for classical/orchestra and nothing beats it still.
The HE-1000 is good at everything but there is nothing special about it, its also a bit heavy. 

Thanks.I am aware of the edge the 800 have in classical music. 
I have read, though, in numerous places that some people find the 800 too bright sometimes. I'm just thinking that if the difference between the 800 and the isine 20 for classical is not that dramatic I might as well go with an all-arounder. Especially as it is half the price.
Probably the best way would be to get both, or Focal Utopia :wink:.

Guy

Mar 10, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #1,703 of 7,348
I listened to both models at CanJam NYC recently. They're good, but not anywhere near LCD2 good. The biggest issue was the fit for me, as with most universal IEMs. They're clearly a work in progress, and I have faith in the Audeze team that they will perfect the product in the upcoming releases. I talked to the reps at Audeze during the show, I suggested that they provide a custom fit option, at least for the in ear portion. This would solve the fit problem, and would improve the audio quality. Hopefully they listened.

Mar 10, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #1,704 of 7,348
Those impressions are in comparison to the stock tips. As in the stock tips sound great, then the decibullz tips sound boxed in and terrible.

Burn in is a silly concept. They sound the same as day 1.

To clarify, I love the sound of the iSine20 with stock tips or spinfit tips. When I use the decibullz tips, they sound horrible.

Yeah from experience I dont think planars burn in. That said, over use, one may start to find better fit etc just like how you break into new leather shoes which may help with the enjoyment.

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #1,705 of 7,348
It's almost a rule of thumb that if an iem is designed to be open or semi-open, you just can't try to seal it, neither on the outside behind the driver or inside towards your ear canal..............I did made the mistake of trying the 20s with the largest stock silicons, which seals well, and trying with foam tips, which seals well AND are comfy. Both trys return with the sound you described..........veiled and roomy in short.

The best fit would be a tip that doesn't seal but just SIT right at the opening of the ear canal, no further no less. Any tip that could actually help securing the iSines to your ear is a wrong tip to be used with them.

Normally when I've used IEM's in the past I've had to use either the medium or large stock tips to get a good seal to get the best sound. I did this with the iSine 20's without even testing the small tips...that is until I read this post today.

I just tried the small tips and well...my last post I said the 20's didn't sound veiled to me; now compare to the smalls tips they do. The bass even got better as well! Everything got better with a tip that would normally make IEM's sound thin.

Actually the bass even booms more for me now. Incredible!

I really don't need my other headphones now!!

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #1,706 of 7,348
  Got the decibullz eartips in today.

Pros: More comfy than the ear hooks or clips.

Cons:
    Closed in soundstage
    Veiled vocals
    Boomy midbass
    Decreased sub bass
    Loss of "air" in the sound

Definitely can't reccomend these with the sound I'm getting. It's unfortunate because they are really comfy. Regardless, the audio sounds like it's coming from a shoebox when I use them. I think the ear tips of the isine really need to get into your canal and seal for them to work their magic. Unfortunately it's impossible to fully seal with the decibullz.

I tried Decibuliz before and did not like it. I found it impossible to get it form right and achieve a good fit and did never sounded acceptable. Also there are a quite hard material (under normal temperatures).  I find the softer material of the Radians much more comfortable.

Mar 11, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #1,708 of 7,348
Yea definitely skip the decibullz

As far as the included tips: From what I can tell, audeze does intend for them to seal. It's great that you enjoy the sound of them unsealed but from my PMs with them, a seal is definitely intended as well as retention force in the tips.

Mar 12, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #1,709 of 7,348
Took me 2 weeks but I've just read all 114 pages. These seem like great headphones. Just need to wait for them to either be available on Amazon UK or Apple UK. Amazon only has them via a third party reseller which is a no go for me,

Any other options for the UK? iSine 20's that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back