Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Feb 16, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #1,501 of 7,348
regarding a desktop amp/dac  I use the objective 02 amp and dac and they are perfect.  It's also a cheap setup that can drive all but the most extreme headphones, and has also been tested as more or less the best rig you can get, though there are people who will surely argue that on these forums.  

I don't know enough about the impedance of other portable players, but I can tell you that the clip zip will not require an amp.  Technically speaking it's a perfect match for these headphones.  Subjectively, I have a/b tested it against my desktop rig with an a/b switch and I could tell no difference whatsoever. 
I've always loved the zip for it's sound quality, portability, and rockbox eq.  Most underrated player of ever :wink:

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #1,502 of 7,348
Out of curiosity, and the verdict was?

I still need to find a dac and amp or combo for my desktop. I like the concept of the gaming aspects / virtual surround feature of the Creative E5, but I had it stuck in my head that Creative wasn't up to snuff in the quality department. However, I don't remember why I had that impression. The x7 limited is probably larger from a desktop real estate perspective than I could use.

Seems silly to go with a mojo or a micro idsd for a desktop, but not having luck finding something else dac/amp to pair with the iSines for a desktop.

The delivery date actually got pushed to tomorrow so I'll have impressions after work.

Feb 17, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #1,503 of 7,348
regarding a desktop amp/dac  I use the objective 02 amp and dac and they are perfect.  It's also a cheap setup that can drive all but the most extreme headphones, and has also been tested as more or less the best rig you can get, though there are people who will surely argue that on these forums.  

Agree with you the O2 pair so well with my iSine20

Feb 17, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #1,504 of 7,348
20 sounds great with Mojo also, they just need the EQ mentioned here few pages back. I use Mojo with Kaisertone on phone at office and cipher on the go.

20s are headphones I needed to hear just once to know I want them! :D

Feb 17, 2017 at 4:16 AM Post #1,505 of 7,348
Would this also work for iS10's - Pelican 1030 ?

INTERIOR (L x 6.37" x W 2.62"  x D 2.06")

Feb 17, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #1,506 of 7,348
  Would this also work for iS10's - Pelican 1030 ?

INTERIOR (L x 6.37" x W 2.62"  x D 2.06")

Another 1/2" narrower than the 1010 so not sure,  guess you'd have to try it.  You could probably squeeze them in there, just your comfort level in doing so.  I worry about inadvertently putting stress on the connectors over time  as they look somewhat fragile, especially in the vertical direction (up and down when laying flat). That's why I've settled on the 1020,  just enough bigger in every direction  so you can lay them in there cord and all and even some extra ear hooks, tips, etc.. Still a small form factor too.  Just too bad you can't use the Audeze supplied case with ear hooks installed.  Beautiful well thought out design otherwise.  

Feb 17, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #1,508 of 7,348

I will agree with the above suggestions to go for bright sounding dac+amp, though my first choice recommendation would have still been the cypher cable. 

So probably go for something like the O2 amp + ODAC.

Agree with you the O2 pair so well with my iSine20

Wow, three fairly quick votes for the O2 and ODAC to go with the iSine 20. Hmm, separate O2 amp and ODAC, or JDS lab's O2+ODAC Rev B all in one (less versatile, but good space savings) may actually be the way to go.  I'd started looking at Schiit Modi 2 /magni 2 uber and JDS's The Elment as options along with the Mojo and micro iDSD for use aat the PC, but the Objectives are priced better. 

In the end, I'm just needing a DAC and amp that isn't overly large on a small desk to power the iSine 20 and any future headphone that I find that can actually fit my large noggin. The headclamps of the Sennheiser 650 and Sine On-ear are just too uncomfortable.

Feb 17, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #1,510 of 7,348
Been testing out the X7 Limited, loving it. Seems to be a dead neutral amp/dac, everything is real tight and clean. The 5.1 virtual surround is also very very good with the i20 if that's your thing. The processor takes a 5.1 signal to create the virtual surround and the X7 can decode dolby 5.1 over optical which lets you use virtual surround on ps3, ps4, etc. It's a nice compact size but if space is really important, you might be more interested in the fulla

Feb 17, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #1,511 of 7,348
Mm....the isolation of the iSine 10 is better than expected. Performs just about as good as an average universal in-ear or about as good as an on-ear or a traditIonal earbuds. Not for noisy environments (subway, bus or planes) but I can always find a relatively quiet place in public areas. So, no problem with that as far as I'm concerned. Now about the fitment, right off the bat, the plastic earloop is not comfortable to use (I am sensitive behind the ears) for extended listening sessions which is kinda' sad since I love the tuning of the iSine 10. I could listen to this all day long (fun, engaging, musical, weighty notes, clear). The cipher cable dac (for the iPhone) is very good indeed. It is MFEO. I do not really feel the need to use any other external amp/dac or even use the 10-band equalizer app. Need to try this with other eartips. Positive impressions thus far except for the ear loop. My suggestion is a leather-wrapped (or softer material like foam) ear loop, perhaps a little thicker, to hold the iSine in place. Junked the earloop (too painful to use) and settled for the much better but less secure retention rings.

For the price and the planer magnetic sound (expectations fulfilled/promise delivered), the price is well worth it imo. That is an easy judgment call to make.

Thinking of getting the iSine 20. I will look for that during Canjam Singapore 2017.

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #1,513 of 7,348
Feb 19, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #1,514 of 7,348
I'm very close to pulling on the trigger for either the 10 or 20. I'm wondering if the price difference is worth the step up. Also, how do these compare to something like the HD650's? My HD650's is what a I typically use when I'm home but sometimes I'd like something a little more portable. For my portable needs I typically use my RHA T20i.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back