Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Feb 13, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #1,441 of 7,348
Also for $$$ $2500 why not have Adel technology, to protect one's hearing, as the Empire Ears Zeus xr Adel has at $2800?
https://www.empireears.com/product/mto-universal-zeus-xr-adel/

"The Zeus-XR ADEL features the world’s first and only patented technology that safely delivers a louder, more spacious and richer sound – all while avoiding the risk of hearing damage caused by in-ear monitors. When the ear canal is sealed by an in-ear monitor, the driver vibrations create harmful pneumatic pressures in the confined space. The ADEL technology features a secondary eardrum that absorbs the pneumatic pressures produced by in-ear monitors and provides a much safer listening experience. It delivers sound the way it was meant to be heard. With the ADEL, bass sounds deeper, midrange is clearer and highs sound richer than ever."

But... in this case, the ear canal isn't sealed right? So you don't really need the ADEL tech to remove the pneumatic pressure.

Feb 13, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #1,443 of 7,348
Just ordered a pair direct from Audeze, they said shipping in one to two weeks, hope it doesn't take that long. I spend at least two to three nights a week in a hotel room due to work, these seem like a much better portable solution then the full size cans i bring with me now.

Does anyone know where to find a decently priced 2.5mm balanced A&K cable for this as well?

I've been looking for one as well :wink:

Try at Lavricables (eBay) or ImpactAudio (Etsy onlineshop), wonderful service and amazing quality for the price!
I asked Konstantin at Lavricables about a balanced 2.5mm trrs cable to use with an Onkyo dp-x1 dap and he told me to send him some pics of the isine connectors so he could build one asap. He also said that the Westone w4r silver cable he has got would most certainly fit :)

Would like some feedback if you find one apart from these that one can actually afford..:rolleyes:

Feb 13, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #1,444 of 7,348
Should be no sweat to make a custom iSine cable by https://www.etsy.com/shop/VERBESSEN

Feb 13, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #1,446 of 7,348

But... in this case, the ear canal isn't sealed right? So you don't really need the ADEL tech to remove the pneumatic pressure.

yes you're right...i've read various accounts of people trying to listen thru full or partial insertion....to i just decided to toss that in there.
to be frank, i really hope a less costly but equally effective technology can become more widespread....i already suffer from light tinnitus,
and i don't want it to worsen...i've decided to listen more to music thru my cans at moderate levels (using sony 7520 for portables)

Feb 13, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #1,447 of 7,348
Since people are asking about cables... I have a linum cable for my customs, and it does not fit in the isine port.  the plugs are just a bit too thick to fit into the isine's ridged slot.  I'm sure the plugs on the cable could be easily sanded down or something, and then it would fit.   I'm not going to bother as I have actually come to like the stock cable.

Few weeks in owning the 20's. Still in love with these headphones with my eq settings.  Still only using the analogue cable.  Mostly listening direct from a rockboxed clip zip.  My customs are not seeing much use anymore.  Never thought i'd say that.  Basically only use them when i need isolation, and trying to get them to sound more like the sines...  :)

Feb 13, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #1,448 of 7,348
  Since people are asking about cables... I have a linum cable for my customs, and it does not fit in the isine port.  the plugs are just a bit too thick to fit into the isine's ridged slot.  I'm sure the plugs on the cable could be easily sanded down or something, and then it would fit.   I'm not going to bother as I have actually come to like the stock cable.

Few weeks in owning the 20's. Still in love with these headphones with my eq settings.  Still only using the analogue cable.  Mostly listening direct from a rockboxed clip zip.  My customs are not seeing much use anymore.  Never thought i'd say that.  Basically only use them when i need isolation, and trying to get them to sound more like the sines...  :)

May I ask how you EQ this? Are you boosting the bass?

Great report. Thanks.

Feb 13, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #1,449 of 7,348

Few weeks in owning the 20's. Still in love with these headphones with my eq settings.  Still only using the analogue cable.  Mostly listening direct from a rockboxed clip zip.  My customs are not seeing much use anymore.  Never thought i'd say that.  Basically only use them when i need isolation, and trying to get them to sound more like the sines...  :

i hear they don't isolate very well...so in what places are they still ok to use, aside from one's quiet home?
just trying to get more specifics on the ideal listening conditions for these.
i would presume (maybe rightly or wrongly) that being on the subway isn't ideal..or walking along a busy street.

they do interest me....you wonder how the $$$$2500 ldc ic3 will sound if the bang for buck bar is set so high already with with these isine 20s
at 1/4 the price.

Feb 13, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #1,450 of 7,348
  May I ask how you EQ this? Are you boosting the bass?

Great report. Thanks.

I've posted about this in more detail a few different times...   here's the most current.

Preamp: -8 dB
Filter 1: ON LS Fc 100 Hz Gain 7 dB
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -6 dB Q .9
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain 5.5 dB Q .1

As i've mentioned i've basically got this sounding (to my ears obviously) as natural and balanced as possible with regards to all the instruments, voices etc. sounding like they should. Raising or lowering the gain on any of these three settings will basically be changing the volume of lows, mids, and highs relative to that.  Of course it's not always that simple...  

Also if anyone is using an eq with bandwidth rather than Q settings, here's an easy converter

Feb 13, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #1,452 of 7,348
Not to thread crap but I was lucky enough to listen to both pair of iSINEs for several weeks now and I just published my full review here. Check it out and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me!

Thanks for the very informative review. The isine20 will be my next purchase.

Feb 13, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #1,453 of 7,348

i hear they don't isolate very well...so in what places are they still ok to use, aside from one's quiet home?
just trying to get more specifics on the ideal listening conditions for these.
i would presume (maybe rightly or wrongly) that being on the subway isn't ideal..or walking along a busy street.

they do interest me....you wonder how the $$$$2500 ldc ic3 will sound if the bang for buck bar is set so high already with with these isine 20s
at 1/4 the price.

They don't isolate at all.  The only isolation you get is from the volume of the music overpowering low background noises.   I work from home in a mostly quiet environment and most of the noise i may hear is very intermittent, and is important for me to hear, like my dog barking or the phone ringing.  If I've got them on and go  jump in the car for example, the noise of the car, or being on the road is too much to make for a quality listening environment.    I have a very quiet air purifier running on high all day in my office, and a mini fridge making it's little ocean wave cooling sound right next to me all day.   Maybe it's because I'm used to them but that level of noise, though not much, doesn't bother me when I'm listening.. I basically don't hear it.  Beyond something like that I'd say its going to start effecting your listening experience. 

Maybe eventually I or someone will download a decibil meter app like the one from ultimate ears and do some noise level or sound leakage tests.  It would be easy, I just haven't gotten around to it.

Feb 13, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #1,455 of 7,348
They don't isolate at all.  The only isolation you get is from the volume of the music overpowering low background noises.   I work from home in a mostly quiet environment and most of the noise i may hear is very intermittent, and is important for me to hear, like my dog barking or the phone ringing.  If I've got them on and go  jump in the car for example, the noise of the car, or being on the road is too much to make for a quality listening environment.    I have a very quiet air purifier running on high all day in my office, and a mini fridge making it's little ocean wave cooling sound right next to me all day.   Maybe it's because I'm used to them but that level of noise, though not much, doesn't bother me when I'm listening.. I basically don't hear it.  Beyond something like that I'd say its going to start effecting your listening experience. 

Maybe eventually I or someone will download a decibil meter app like the one from ultimate ears and do some noise level or sound leakage tests.  It would be easy, I just haven't gotten around to it.

so that can be dangerous too because you're competing with outside noise. I'd most likely turn up the volume. this is what happened to me with my earpods as they don't fully isolate ...Think its one of the reasons I developed tinnitus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back