Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Oct 3, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #541 of 7,348
Does anyone know if the noise leakage would be audible for someone sitting next to you on the bus? I actually like the idea of having less sound isolation since I always feel like I'm gonna get run over when I wear my IEMs, but at the same time I don't really want to annoy people with my music. Also, I need to be able to listen to Yanni's greatest hits without people judging me.

On the bus, probably not unless you listen to music really loud. When I was done with my listening sessions during AES, I forgot to pause the music and I wasn't able to really hear the music leaking. When I stopped by earlier, there was someone using the 10s and the volume must have been cranked up pretty loud because I was able to hear it a few feet away.

For reference, iOS devices have 16 volume steps. Even in the noisy AES exhibition hall conditions, I was only using volume steps 1-3 (3 being on the almost-too-loud-for-my-ears point).

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #544 of 7,348
Here's Jude's impressions, and I agree with them. : p

Those are Jude's impressions and I also agree with them.
November can't come soon enough!

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #545 of 7,348
For people that have listened, can you still get at all the detail and bass at lower/moderate volume levels ?
That was one thing I liked about a few hybrid IEMs, the micro-detail did not retreat at low levels.

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #547 of 7,348
Oct 4, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #548 of 7,348
  He didn't compare them to any iems, it was early impression... waiting for more

Honestly, i am more impressed that he related them to full size cans.  I hold an unpopular opinion, but most IEMS are garbage compared to even decent full size cans (i has sampled a modest selection, and none could justify the price they were asking for the quality they had).  Again for me, if these are anywhere near my LCD-2, i am instantly sold; LCD2 sound in a portable package, and one of few IEMs that do not shut out the world (yes, i value situational awareness)...  sign me up.

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #549 of 7,348
He didn't compare them to any iems, it was early impression... waiting for more

Honestly, i am more impressed that he related them to full size cans.  I hold an unpopular opinion, but most IEMS are garbage compared to even decent full size cans (i has sampled a modest selection, and none could justify the price they were asking for the quality they had).  Again for me, if these are anywhere near my LCD-2, i am instantly sold; LCD2 sound in a portable package, and one of few IEMs that do not shut out the world (yes, i value situational awareness)...  sign me up.

Yeah as I've mentioned, the iSINEs are just so unique for an in-ear. I don't think it's quite fair to compare it to CIEMs or IEMs in general since (at least in my opinion) people buy those for their noise isolation properties, and sound quality comes second nature. I don't think I know of anyone who would choose a TOTL CIEM/IEM over a TOTL headphone for sound quality alone.

The iSINEs, like open-back headphones, are for a different group of people who have different priorities for their listening habits.

I typically don't like the sound of in-ears myself except for a very few select ones. Fit/comfort is one problem I have, the overall sound compared to full-sized headphones is another. Usually when I use in-ears, I use them exactly because I need isolation, and I only demand so-so sound. For the iSINEs, it's like taking an open-back headphone in the palm of your hands, literally, so that might cater to people who demand high-quality open-back-esque sound in a really portable form factor.

Oct 4, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #550 of 7,348
ok that's what I want to hear , but is it lean bright,thin like most of boring iem these day v shaped , or smooth and texture  ? how is the vocals sound laid back or lush and wet .. like my lcd 3
bass and vocals sound really amazing :texture ,smooth and lush and musicality is very high that's what it drag me to order them again .

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #552 of 7,348
Right now, I'm playing around with the idea of either buying the 10 and a relatively cheap dap, or spending that money on a decent dap.  I can probably do both by the time this releases, but unsure which I'll do for now.  It seems quite promising, and seems like it'd work quite well for me at work.

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #553 of 7,348
I'm excited to pair these with my Onkyo DP-X1. However, I'm actually leaning towards the 10's for a silly reason: I like the aesthetics of the black more than the orange in the 20's. I wish they would offer a color choice...

Oct 5, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #554 of 7,348
Have anyone tried the is10 or is20 with the iFi iDSD Micro ? i am really interested in getting them , but kind of worried the pairing may be alittle too bright if i went for the is20 :x

Oct 6, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #555 of 7,348
The only way to know whether they are for you or not is to try them. They have a 30-day trial period from Audeze. Pre-orders start shipping in November. I'm not pre-ordering. I let the early adopters adopt them first. I'm not in a hurry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back