Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Sep 5, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #256 of 7,348
Apple may well be stagnating, but then again look at the entire mobile business and it's all a stagnated "let's play the marketable metrics" mess.

To be fair to Apple they will be including a Lightning to 3.5mm adapter, but as you said you can't charge the device while using it. However I would ask how much of a problem is it really? Whenever I'm listening to an iToy I'm on the go, so therefore not charging the device in question. For those who do need to charge when listening then there's the USB 3 CCK, which allows charging, and then you can use something like a Dragonfly to get your audio kicks while charging.

And this is where I think Audeze screwed up. The Cipher cable is lighting only when it could have easily been a standard USB 2.0 audio CC device with additional cables to handle the connection to iOS or a standard computer. I'm not mentioning Android here because there is so much variability between devices as to what they support and what they don't it makes it impossible for any manufacturer to declare 100% Android support.

This is why I consider the Cipher cable to be a Dodo - it only works with iOS devices and that's it. Not even with Apple's own computers. And that's why I've given up with the Cipher cable - actually I've given up with the SINE as well, but that's another story.

Just look at the Galaxy S7 Edge.  Wireless charging.  IP68 water resistance.  Take it into a shower, no problems.  Gorgeous glass and metal finish.  Insane OLED Screen.  Virtual Reality (bit gimmicky but it's there). NFC. Works with magnetic swipe card terminals. LONGER BATTERY LIFE.  Fantastic camera with very fast focus and low light performance.  Then there is the rise of the Chinese brands that are selling like hot cakes in China, they sell premium phones for cut prices.  Now phones are coming out with USB Type-C ports.  When was the last time you were excited by an Apple product?  iPad Pro? ... 'meh'.  Apple watch? ... 'meh'.  iPhone 6S? ... 'meh'  3D touch?  ... 'meh'.  Me too camera? ... 'meh'.  Apple 'ecosystem'?  Meh, Android has an equally rich ecosystem.  Slave to iTunes?  Nope.  There will always be the fanboy debate and that's not the point of this post.  I'm talking about 'the wow factor' the 'next big thing'?  People expect that of Apple and about the best they could come up with was an Apple pencil that doesn't have an eraser and a rather unexciting watch.

Sep 5, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #257 of 7,348
Just look at the Galaxy S7 Edge.  Wireless charging.  IP68 water resistance.  Take it into a shower, no problems.  Gorgeous glass and metal finish.  Insane OLED Screen.  Virtual Reality (bit gimmicky but it's there). NFC. Works with magnetic swipe card terminals. LONGER BATTERY LIFE.  Fantastic camera with very fast focus and low light performance.  Then there is the rise of the Chinese brands that are selling like hot cakes in China, they sell premium phones for cut prices.  Now phones are coming out with USB Type-C ports.  When was the last time you were excited by an Apple product?  iPad Pro? ... 'meh'.  Apple watch? ... 'meh'.  iPhone 6S? ... 'meh'  3D touch?  ... 'meh'.  Me too camera? ... 'meh'.  Apple 'ecosystem'?  Meh, Android has an equally rich ecosystem.  Slave to iTunes?  Nope.  There will always be the fanboy debate and that's not the point of this post.  I'm talking about 'the wow factor' the 'next big thing'?  People expect that of Apple and about the best they could come up with was an Apple pencil that doesn't have an eraser and a rather unexciting watch.

I'll give it to Samsung on making great phones, my only issue is android, it never works, too many updates that cause half your apps to not function. Too many non compatibility because every android manufacturer has their own system or apps attached. Until android has a universal system I'm not touching it and one that's not full of constant glitches. Great spec'd and built phones just a poor running system, I like my phone always working and if I have an issue the manufacture fixes it or swaps out the phone that day in the store. I had a Samsung note 3 for 4 months and probably never again.

Sep 5, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #258 of 7,348

To be fair, Apple Pencil is excellent. It's pricey, but having tried it myself, I'll say it is possibly the most accurate stylus right now on the market. It closed the gap, or even surpassed in some aspect, to the old proven Wacom technology. Too bad we are limited to iPad Pro specs and ecosystem. I agree with the other stuff you said though, maybe except iTunes as I have deeply invested in it. :wink:

Sorry for off topic. Apple might not innovate a lot lately, but their engineer is still as good as ever.

Sep 5, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #259 of 7,348
Ignoring the fact that both USB-C and lightning can transmit power, video, and data; lightning is thinner and Apple recently added Lightning ports to their keyboard, trackpad, and AppleTV peripherals. Even some third party gamepad mfr's have put lightning connectors in their products.

Since both support basically USB 3 speeds, Apple probably would use lightning for everything if they could, Except USB-C is actually an attempt to use something anticipated to be more universal in the future (and maybe USB-C supports more power and lightning isn't rated to carry enough to charge laptops).

USB C far surpasses lightning connector in both power delivery and transfer speeds. USB C can deliver up to 100w with USB 3.1 gen2 transfer speeds for double transfer rate over 3.0
The ipad pro is the only apple device to support usb 3 speeds over lightning, any other apple device is capped at 2.0 speeds. Another advantage of USB C is that thunderbolt 3 can be implemented for 40gbps transfer speeds

Sep 5, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #262 of 7,348
Oh boy, another interesting product launch and new thread on Head-Fi with the customary uber enthusiasm and speculation.  Makes for a fun read although not many real listening impressions so far.

I think we should acknowledge @Audeze for providing more product details and answering our specific questions on this thread.

Cheers,
RCB

Sep 5, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #264 of 7,348

I've heard both and they're both very different. the CL1 is really special though

Here's that isine again from IFA, in my ears 
rolleyes.gif

Well that's great news for me sine I'm leaning CL1 
biggrin.gif

Sep 5, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #269 of 7,348
Not sure the white was a great choice, especially since white plastic changes color against the skin with sweat and it makes the hook extra noticeably.

In the video from Digital Trends, they explain that those aren't the finished versions. The housing and hooks were 3-D printed and that should change in the production release. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back