Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jan 20, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #1,066 of 7,348

It's funny to think that we live in the age where even the earphone cable needs updates....

I hope they don't crash or get hacked. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #1,068 of 7,348
No problem. Will listen more before I can publish my detailed review. With further listening the i10 bass seems more noticeable than the i20, I think due to lower treble extension compared to i20. 
I am just disappointed the android owners are left out in the blissful experience. Hopefully we see cypher cable for USB C soon. It would also work with the new macs as well.

Until there's some sort of standard codec, I don't think we'll be seeing a USB-C Cipher DAP anytime soon. It would be nice to have one digital plug that works with everything

Jan 21, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #1,069 of 7,348
Pardon me for what might seem like a noob question but why will you need a standard codec? I know that the audio specs for USB c has already been published since Oct 2015 (read it on anandtech).

Right now I'm able to use the dragonfly black with the Xiaomi Mi5, which is USB C (using a type c to USB A female cable), so I should think a USB c cipher cable should be doable.

AAW is also making their DAC/AMP IEM cable available in both lightning and type c form, so I feel like the technology/standards/specifications already exists.

Jan 21, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #1,070 of 7,348
Specification could be released but correct implementation on side of android phone is not guaranteed as it varies across brands, also UAC2 is not inplemented even in Google Pixel phone which should be lets say etalon of android implementation.

Functilnality also varies across apps like TIDAL and UAPP.

Jan 21, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #1,071 of 7,348
Specification could be released but correct implementation on side of android phone is not guaranteed as it varies across brands, also UAC2 is not inplemented even in Google Pixel phone which should be lets say etalon of android implementation.

Functilnality also varies across apps like TIDAL and UAPP.

You make some good points: with the specifications only released in Oct 2016, there is a good chance that most phones currently in the market may have different specifications.

However, I am very certain that most flagship smartphones in 2017 will use USB type c rather than micro USB and adhere to the stated specifications.

Audeze should release the cipher cable first rather than wait for type c smartphones to hit the market.

I'm not sure about the differences between UAC1 or 2, and I do not know if the cipher cable needs UAC2 to operate optimally.

Jan 21, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #1,072 of 7,348
UAC2 allows you to send audio above 96kHz. In UAPP is done workaround, but is active only for that particular app.

Try to look on this article, it sums up android issues with hires audio pretty nice.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/735-audiophile-switches-ios-android/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 21, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #1,073 of 7,348
how is the sound leak??? Can anyone please tell me. I ride the train daily to work here in Japan, and I don't want to be disrespectful to other passengers.
I really want to jump on this, but just can't really decide yet because of the sound leak. Because I won't have any use for it if its leaks too much sound and is disturbing to others while on a train or something.

Currently using the IE800 as my daily commute drivers. Can anyone post comparisons? I'll really appreciate it  

Jan 21, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #1,074 of 7,348
I gotta admit (even though in the end it doesn't really matter)  that it is kind of disappointing to have pre-ordered from an authorized distributor back in late October / early November and still having  no idea when they will ship (because the distributor has no idea when they will receive them other than what they were originally led to believe) versus people very  recently ordering on the Audeze website and receiving them already.  I'm looking at it as giving me more time to enjoy all my other Audeze cans while waiting.  I'm definitely a fan-boy of the company.  Anyone willing to take the risk and headaches to create a start-up in this day and age deserves a lot of credit.  

Jan 21, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #1,076 of 7,348
I like the looks of ISine10 with the black stealth colour. If you are purist then ISine 20 will be for you due to better vocal and treble extension. But the price difference between Isine10 and 20 are not worth it.

I'm not so much basing it on looks as IMO this thing looks rediculous and I wouldn't wear it as a fashion statement. I just want the one that has the best overall sound across genres to play off my idevice while at home. I'm not someone who will be investing in amps dacs etc.

Jan 21, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #1,077 of 7,348
I just got my iSine 20's with the lightning cable.

OMG, I'm blown away!  That's really all I can say...

I'm not an audiophile, but I enjoy clear, clean music where I can hear the instruments and feel like I'm listening live.  A few years back I had some Westone 4's and then some Shure 535's.  Then some Sony MDR-EX1000's, but then nothing.  Back to basic buds for awhile.  Over this past Christmas I started the search again for something better since I signed up for the Tidal HiFi service and wanted to see what it sounded like.  I ultimately landed on the Westone W60's as they were on sale at Amazon for 799 and couldn't pass them up.  They are good for sure.  Extremely comfortable and just overall quality earphones.  But then I came across an article about the iSines and checked their website and they just went up for pre-order so I jumped on them.  I thought the Lightning cable was an ingenious idea and could make a big difference, and for the price it seemed like an overall great deal.

So, they just showed up an hour ago, and well, I don't know that I'll ever take them out :)

Jan 21, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #1,078 of 7,348
anyone have the fidue a91 or flc 8s and can compare with one of the new isines?

one thing that confuses me in the reviews of a few posters:
some saying the 20s are smoother while the 10s are more detailed?
i don't understand that -- wouldn't you expect a more $$$ iem to be both smoother and more detailed?

wonder if audeze can chip in with their op on the diffs in sound signature please.

Jan 21, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #1,079 of 7,348
I want to run them from a mojo but I don't want to be a p***** off customer by experiencing an underwhelming sound because I won't/cant use the cypher cable.

Are they really that veiled and lacking from other sources? Would also like to find out which has the smoothest treble without sibilance and hot peaks.

Thanks to any members and audeze that can answer me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back