1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones

First

Back
448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457
459 460 461
Next

Last
  1. clerkpalmer
  2. SilverEars
    Interesting. Was this discovered by accident? It's odd that Audeze doesn't just provide such an adapter or just usb-c in general for Android users. So basically, any usb-c to lightening adapter should work, and it makes these iSine cipher cables to work with Android phones?

The cipher cable already has a default EQ active even without graphical EQ being adjusted right? That would already be active from the dsp in the cipher cable even without any graphical EQ adjustments, no?

Does Android playstore not have Audeze HQ? Is that the reason why you have to set the EQ on an iDevice?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  3. Devodonaldson
    Correct that there is no Audeze eq for Android. Whatever is stored in slot one of Audeze eq will stay on the headphone. With the Anker adapter you can also use a USB c to USB a adapter to use on a computer with USB port or to even plug into an org cable for a micro USB ported Android device. I have used this method on my surface pro 6 as well as my older Android phone to get the cipher benefits with my ISine 20 and lcdi4

4. SilverEars
    Very odd. Audeze Mobius utilizes usb connection to PC, but yet, iSine or LCDi4 cipher cable hasn't been developed for PC or Android usage. This makes no sense.

As long as Cipher cable is used in either the PC or Android device via a adaptor, the default cipher cable EQ is always active, correct? Since even if you do not change the EQ, the cable's chip already has a default EQ already applied.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  5. clerkpalmer
    It's only that specific anker adapter in my link but yes, the default eq will be applied.

6. Devodonaldson
    Odd in what way? The cipher cable is a tuned DAC with a stored ea setting. All the Anker cable and a USB c to USB a adapter does is make the plug fit in a different digital interface. All the info is stored on the cipher DAC. Anker cable allows lightning to USB passthrough of data. A proper USB C female to USB a male adapter simply allows further passthrough of data.

7. SilverEars
    I just find the situation odd that people have to get a pass-through adapter to get it compatable because Audeze is only supporting ios devices with their cipher cable currently.

Can you link the adapter you use for your PC?

8. Devodonaldson
    Unfortunately no, since mine actually came with a Hidizs Sonata USB c DAC, but any data transfer capable USB c female to USB a male adapter on Amazon should do the trick.

9. KMann
    The Cipher lightning cable predates Mobius by several years. When Cipher cable was first released, having both android and iOs support on the cable was near impossible (and I do not think there was any other product in the market doing the same). The chip used for lightning adapter needs to be certified by Apple and enabling USB support also requires their testing and permission. One cannot just put X and Y together to get an adapter. Anker to my knowledge is the first company to do this and we made the announcement of the availability on this thread a while back.

When used with android devices, the inbuilt tuning is still available, it is stored in the cable. You could still make EQ changes on a iOS devices that change the default tuning and they too will travel with the cable when you switch devices. The SDK used for Cipher cable that has to go through LAM chip unfortunately does not have Android support.

10. SilverEars
  11. rkw
    grokit and showme99 like this.
  12. twiceboss
    The anker is a MIDI cord. That's can be the reason why it works

13. Matpar
    Hi, please tell me if you found something in EU :)
    I am struggling in getting a decent place where to buy the accessory kit... tnx

14. THX28
  15. masterstroke
    Just to let you know that I've just received this appx. 30 mins ago. Really fast, so thanks for that. Am listening right now on my iPad and everything's fine. Have left your ebay feed back. Cheers.

Fishdo likes this.
First

Back
448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457
459 460 461
Next

Last