Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jun 25, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #6,541 of 7,348
Sorry to hear that. I have this exact setup on my Razer phone 2, and I get volume, play/pause, and MIC access,just no Google assistant. I guess that's why Audeze said they can't make an Android version of the cable, due to the varied implementation of USB C from phone to phone on Android

Dang, ain't that some crap. lol If we could combine are two issues we would be golden! They must not have a very strong app team, because I am sure that could be fixed with routing through an app, or even just a power user add on for people with root access. But judging by the iOS app, they must not be very strong in that area.

I am happy I am able to use the cipher cable tho so, it's good enough for me. Small annoyance.

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #6,542 of 7,348
Dang, ain't that some ****. lol If we could combine are two issues we would be golden! They must not have a very strong app team, because I am sure that could be fixed with routing through an app, or even just a power user add on for people with root access. But judging by the iOS app, they must not be very strong in that area.

I am happy I am able to use the cipher cable tho so, it's good enough for me. Small annoyance.
Well, you're not gonna be happy. Upon further inspection, the Siri key doesn't work, however holding down the home key activates Google assistant. So the home key is play, pause, skip, hold for Google assistant. The volume keys work, and I get call audio and mic.

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #6,543 of 7,348
Jun 25, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #6,544 of 7,348
Well, you're not gonna be happy. Upon further inspection, the Siri key doesn't work, however holding down the home key activates Google assistant. So the home key is play, pause, skip, hold for Google assistant. The volume keys work, and I get call audio and mic.

Nice, lucky you!

I see you have the LCDi4 from your sig...
How do those compare to the iSine20s?

Jun 26, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #6,545 of 7,348
Nice, lucky you!

I see you have the LCDi4 from your sig...
How do those compare to the iSine20s?
I loved my ISine 20, really loved them once I got the cipher cable. After listening to LCDi4, cipher 20 still sounds good, but the LCDi4 wins in every category. I even tried to feel like there wasn't much of a difference. I couldn't lie to myself, lol. detail, clarity, depth of bass. Cipher 20 has more thump than non Cipher i4, but that's because of the ew built into the cable. Still choose i4 with Mojo or xDSD over cipher 20 any day. Have my i4 cipher cable coming in today or tomorrow. Want to have it for maybe movies and stuff, or for times where I won't be able to charge my DACs. These are pretty much end game open for me. Home, on the go, definitely my pick for watching or playing anything for sure. My Audioquest Nighthawk gets some time as well cuz they are different. Anyway, the only thing to do later is better DAC/AMP if I decide on a desktop system later. Listening to them right now as I type this. Have had them for exactly one week now.

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:48 AM Post #6,547 of 7,348
Is there a different cipher cable for the i4?
Yes. It's balanced, and there is less overall ew, as the LCDi4 doesn't need it. The part # is CBL-LT-1120, which denotes that it is the cipher cable for LCDi4, otherwise you get sent iSine cable. It also shows up in the Aud ze app as to which cable it is

Jun 28, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #6,548 of 7,348
So after further listening with the cipher cable and my various DACs, I have concluded that the cipher cable is an awesome and easy way to make these sound their best, however to my ears with a particular DAC, even without eq, the iSine 20 can sound better than with cipher cable. I have Hidizs Sonata HD, ifi XDSD, and Chord Mojo. iSine 20 sounds the brightest with the XDSD. Cipher cable produces the greatest low end thump, but the Mojo without a doubt produces the best overall sound. So, I'm happy to say that I don't NEED to use my cipher cable to get the best out of the iSine20, though it does give me the best overall play time. Now I just need my LCDi4 to hurry up and get repaired!

Jun 28, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #6,549 of 7,348
I get plenty of thump using the 3.5 mm with Schiit stack and foobar with Reveal / Cipher convolver files.

Jun 28, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #6,550 of 7,348
Testing my LX with a different amp than my Cipher cable tonight.

Jun 30, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #6,551 of 7,348
Anyone got an L size ear hook that they don't use? I have a Medium size for Trade (uk)

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #6,552 of 7,348
Hi all,

Sorry for being absent from the forum for awhile. We have been busy with other design/fabrication projects, but rest assured we are still making iSine clips for our Head-Fi friends. The latest design is clip only, and is made to fit into ear-hooks found online from amazon or aliexpress. As many of you know, we started experimenting with different 3-D printed designs in collaboration with a few dedicated and passionate head-fi members out of our shared frustration with the manufacturers' clips (both Audeze and Monoprice). The current design, which uses the amazon/aliexpress ear-hooks, is the one we settled on as most practical, durable, comfortable, and versatile for different ear sizes. We tried making custom ear-hooks, but that was way too much effort and didn't turn out any better than this combo. Head-fiers buy their own ear hooks and experiment with a couple varieties.

Some have asked why we just make the clips and not the finished earhook-clip combo. The reason is two-fold: (1) I cannot make injection molded ear hooks in small quantities as inexpensively as those you can simply buy on amazon/aliexpress, (2) I am able to mail the clips internationally in a regular envelope and avoid the higher parcel package shipping costs. So, the most cost-effective solution for the Head-Fi community at these small volumes is to buy the ear hooks from Amazon or Aliexpress, remove and discard their clips, and replace with our clips.

Making replacement parts on 3-D printers is reasonable for those of us here on the forum, but it's not a cost-effective long-term solution to the manufacturers problem. However, now that there are a number of us in the Head-Fi community who are happy with the robustness and fit of our solution, I am going to contact Audeze (and Monoprice) and share our earhook-clip solution with them. Hopefully they will be interested in listening to what we have learned. I will report back if progress is made with the manufacturers.

Lastly, for those of you who have been curious about the 3-D printer in our shop that is being used to make the clips, here is a picture of our modded CR-10S.

Please continue to PM me with questions.

Best regards,

Frank

PM'ed

Jul 2, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #6,554 of 7,348
Got my own 3d printer and cant wait to start making and designing my own clips as well. What type of filament is working the best @Frank88 or anyone else doing this?
Thanks for your advice!
Have you tried the new ear hooks? So much more comfortable now that they are offset

Jul 2, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #6,555 of 7,348
Got my own 3d printer and cant wait to start making and designing my own clips as well. What type of filament is working the best @Frank88 or anyone else doing this?
Thanks for your advice!

I came across an STL file yesterday online yesterday as I was trying to find a solution (i can't attach here but pm me your email address and I can forward it)

The other (Frankie) solution is that you buy from Aliexpress universal hooks and he sells you the horseshoe- I haven't heard back from him (yet)

Keep me in mind if you end up printing something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back