Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
May 6, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #6,408 of 7,348
I would like to sell my BT cable used once for maybe an hour. I unfortunately forgot about the discount with people who previously bought stuff and paid the full 100. I'm not looking for the full amount so anyone can PM an offer all inclusive.

May 6, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #6,409 of 7,348
I would like to sell my BT cable used once for maybe an hour. I unfortunately forgot about the discount with people who previously bought stuff and paid the full 100. I'm not looking for the full amount so anyone can PM an offer all inclusive.
@howdy I don't know when you purchased it, but I'd call their customer service and see if they can refund it. I know someone else who had it quickly refunded.

May 7, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #6,410 of 7,348
A proper souce, say a good headamp or a good DAP with balanced output can outperform the cipher. You can use EQ setting as per post Post #6339 of @neo_styles :
https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/Au...atory1990/harman_over-ear_2018/Audeze iSine10

I am using balanced cable for iSine 10 with the balanced output from DAP, EQ-ed. The soundstage is wider, more airy, more detailed than the Cipher cable. Vocal and mid is also very refined. But the vocal from Cipher is more "wet" and more forward....

isine-balanced.jpg

May 7, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #6,411 of 7,348
A proper souce, say a good headamp or a good DAP with balanced output can outperform the cipher. You can use EQ setting as per post Post #6339 of @neo_styles :
https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/oratory1990/harman_over-ear_2018/Audeze iSine10

I am using balanced cable for iSine 10 with the balanced output from DAP, EQ-ed. The soundstage is wider, more airy, more detailed than the Cipher cable. Vocal and mid is also very refined. But the vocal from Cipher is more "wet" and more forward....

isine-balanced.jpg

pure silver cable?

May 7, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #6,414 of 7,348
Very cool... What brand/model cable is it?

Would you run the same settings not balanced? Have you listened vs balanced

TIA

I have used the single end 3.5mm stock cable for a while before buying this balanced cable for iSine 10. Same EQ seting of course. 3.5mm single end : a little bit more detailed than Cipher cable but I cannot reproduce the refined vocal of Cipher cable. The sound signature from i-devices + Cipher is so smooth that cannot be reproduced 100%.

Using balanced out put: wider soundstage, airy , more holographic. Bass, mid are refined and treble is very detailed,. Balanced output 's sound signature is also not 100% similar to Cipher but is more musical in many way...

This Silver plated balanced cable is from Penon Studio Hongkong and has very good price of 16 US in ebay !

May 7, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #6,415 of 7,348
I have used the single end 3.5mm stock cable for a while before buying this balanced cable for iSine 10. Same EQ seting of course. 3.5mm single end : a little bit more detailed than Cipher cable but I cannot reproduce the refined vocal of Cipher cable. The sound signature from i-devices + Cipher is so smooth that cannot be reproduced 100%.

Using balanced out put: wider soundstage, airy , more holographic. Bass, mid are refined and treble is very detailed,. Balanced output 's sound signature is also not 100% similar to Cipher but is more musical in many way...

This Silver plated balanced cable is from Penon Studio Hongkong and has very good price of 16 US in ebay !
Nice cable and price but the balanced is currently sold out. Thanks for the info, will have to try balance.

May 7, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #6,416 of 7,348
Got some of the PLA earhooks that @kakaworu posted on here, so much more comfortable than the stock earhooks and they actually mold somewhat to my ears with just body heat. Thanks again for posting those on here!

May 7, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #6,418 of 7,348

v1 cipher?

May 8, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #6,420 of 7,348
Per advice in this thread I bought some Spinfit CP155 tips for my iSine10. I was using non-groovy medium stock tips.

What I found:
1. The CP155 ha greater tapper and are softer, thus I have to use L size CP155 to substitute M size stock tips. I didn't even bother opening breaking the M size CP155 package to try them. If you are using L size stock tips, don't bother getting the CP155s as they will be too small.
2. The CP155 has longer inner tube, making slightly more insertion. Combining with the smaller tip opening, tilting overall FR towards warmer sounding. Which is a good thing if you are not using CIPHER cable or EQ.
3. The more flexible CP155 does make getting good sealing easier. So sub-bass response is slightly better.
4. The stock tip has bigger opening and less insertion, sounds "airier". There are tracks I prefer the sound signature of the stock tips (e.g. Alison Krauss)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back