Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
May 1, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #6,391 of 7,348
You'd be better just use iSine10 3.5mm cable, plugging directly to your Fiio DAP and use the EQ function on the Fiio. The iSine10 frequency respond is flat enough for applying simple EQ of boosting base <100Hz and reducing treble > 6.5kHz.

I do not know if there is such a thing of 3.5mm > Lightning adapter (the common ones are Lightening to 3.5mm adapters). Even if there is such a thing, there will be additional ADC involved which would degrade the sound.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I know very little about EQ'ing and try to avoid it, but sounds like to at least get closer to the Cipher "sound," just a slight increase in base and decrease in treble at those frequencies is what i'm aiming for?

Unrelated; i work in open office environment, so will be interesting to see if I will end up wearing them in the office or if the noise leakage is too much. Seems like I can get volume *just* loud enough to be enjoyable without being noticeable to others. So, relieved to find that they definitely work in an open office environment; but i suppose next question is whether they will be fun to listen to at constrained volume other IEMs. Also wish the ear wing attachments were softer plastic. These are a little too stiff / brittle.

May 1, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #6,392 of 7,348
Just got the L size spinfit cp155s - holy crap! The bass is almost comparable to the bass on my Mobius with the warm eq.

May 2, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #6,393 of 7,348
My B-stock iSine 10 came with no earlocks and V1 Cipher cable but this wasn’t a surprise because I read the fine print.

I guess I’ve not read enough about the new V2 cable because I’m very happy with these for the ridiculously great price of $150. They appeared brand new cosmetically. Love them!

Mine came exactly like yours too ... Yes $150 was an insane deal for these iSine 10s. I'll listen with the V1 cables for now ... if I need to get the V2 cable, it's available to registered owners for $60 at audeze.com using code "CIPHER". I'm bummed about not getting the earlocks .. never read the fine print. I also got the groove kit from audeze.com for $10 which includes additional earhooks and some extra grooved ear tips.

May 2, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #6,394 of 7,348
Mine came exactly like yours too ... Yes $150 was an insane deal for these iSine 10s. I'll listen with the V1 cables for now ... if I need to get the V2 cable, it's available to registered owners for $60 at audeze.com using code "CIPHER". I'm bummed about not getting the earlocks .. never read the fine print. I also got the groove kit from audeze.com for $10 which includes additional earhooks and some extra grooved ear tips.

True. I grabbed the bt cipher for 50 using the code. I suppose 210 for c1 and bt cipher is still a sweet deal. I still think it was a little bit shifty of Audeze to give some people v2 and some v1. Could have easily done first come first served. I’ll give them a pass though... good customer service.

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #6,399 of 7,348
Wanted to make sure I read through the whole thread before making a post just so I didn't blatantly repeat something that might have already been mentioned. Didn't realize it would take me a month to get through all 423 pages, but here we are.

I managed to score a sweet deal early last year on a used pair of iSine10 from Reddit last year, so I think it's safe to say I've had a good amount of time for trial and error with fit, equalization, sources, etc. Used to have an iPhone 7 Plus and gave the Cipher cable a go, but was never really wowed by it. I now currently run it single-ended and plugged into an Opus#1 (balanced VE cable is on the way). Here's what I've learned:

1. These are very fit-dependent when it comes to sound signature. I've tried the earhooks in multiple positions (forward, centered, pulled back) and have had the most consistently easy fit when the hooks are aligned to the middle position, like so:

An Audeze rep previously published a quick YT video explaining how he recommended you put these on and I think it makes all the difference in the world. Loop on the earclips first, then just use one hand to rotate the planar body until you can feel the tips resting against your tragus. I find I get the best overall bass presence when I don't attempt to insert these at all; those who've mentioned it before are right...these don't require any insertion to sound right.

2. Tips matter. While I never tried trimming a pair of Complys, I've tried a multitude of tips, silicone and foam, and what's worked best for me have been the Auvio wide-bores (which can be found here). There's also a Small available. Medium, for some reason, doesn't seem to exist. While they do require some coaxing to get over the iSine's nozzles, they stay in place and sliding them on when inverted can be easier for those who aren't as nimble with their fingers:

Just slide them back until they hit the indent at the end of the nozzle and flip the tip back over. Voila! That's legitimately all it takes. For reference, here's how much the tip overhangs the nozzle (basically not at all):

3. I take them with me on commutes and do just fine, even on the bus. But you're crazy, Neo...all the sound comes in. You can still hear more than enough. Again, fitment is key.

With this setup, I have no issues running the iSine10 out of either my OnePlus 6 or Opus#1 without any EQ. Android users looking for a simple EQ option can either consider UAPP or Neutron if they prefer a PEQ. If I EQ at all, I just run a quick sweep with Neutralizer and manage to produce a curve similar to what @KMann has provided (minus the 4k boost). If you're looking for something to more closely match Harman Target, I suggest you take a glance over here and give these a shot. There's options for both Parametric and Fixed-band EQs along with .txt files that you should be able to drop into Peace GUI without issue. Can't comment from personal experience as I run Linux, but hopefully it's plug-and-play.

But do they need EQ? If you're trying to match a target curve or approximate Cipher, yes, but I'll comfortably say they stand out on their own merits. If you just can't seem to get the right fit or your ear anatomy isn't playing nice, it can certainly compensate. From a technical standpoint, though, the iSine10 is the most capable portable pair I own when run sans-EQ. Love 'em so much I've chosen to name them Venom (only other pair in my collection to earn a name so far have been my beloved 2Cs...aka Liam). Simply not being a iGuy shouldn't be a dealbreaker here. A year later, they still have my steadfast recommendation and could reasonably be the only pair of in-ears you'll ever need.
Awesome impressions! I really like those ear hooks as well. So you need a specific file to get the clear color? I'm thinking about going to the library to print some out .

May 4, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #6,400 of 7,348
C04C03F1-8A4A-4A62-822B-2DBC38B16A3B.jpeg
I’m a new owner of isine 10 with cipher cable. Very happy listening to tidal hifi and master content. Couple questions and if it’s been asked and answered before on the 427 pages prior please forgive me;

1) I bought the new Vampire Weekend album that came out yesterday and loaded it in Onkyo HF on an iPhone X/iOS 12. It’s saying 48khz pcm, shouldn’t it be 96 if source content is 96 flac?

2) is there a better way to listen to 96/24 content from hdtracks with this isine/cipher/iPhone setup? Vox better?

3) any audeze hq recommendations?

Thanks!

Last edited:
May 4, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #6,401 of 7,348
I’m a new owner of isine 10 with cipher cable. Very happy listening to tidal hifi and master content. Couple questions and if it’s been asked and answered before on the 427 pages prior please forgive me;

1) I bought the new Vampire Weekend album that came out yesterday and loaded it in Onkyo HF on an iPhone X/iOS 12. It’s saying 48khz pcm, shouldn’t it be 96 if source content is 96 flac?

2) is there a better way to listen to 96/24 content from hdtracks with this isine/cipher/iPhone setup? Vox better?

3) any audeze hq recommendations?

Thanks!
Cipher cable maxes out at 24/48 as that is the max resolution native to iOS

May 4, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #6,402 of 7,348
Anybody get the non b stock deal for 200? Just curious if anybody got the V2 cipher cable with that option

Last edited:
May 5, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #6,404 of 7,348
I tried using the code CIPHER for BT module in the same order. But I am getting the error message

"You do not have the correct permission to use this coupon"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back