Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jan 13, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #4,576 of 7,348

May I suggest a great cable, the best I've found, 2.5mm TRRS (balanced), terminated to iSine 10 and 20 (2 Pin, 0.78mm connectors that Audeze use for iSines).
Penon Audio make the same 2.5mm Balanced cable with MMCX connectors, such as Shure SE series. Cost is $15 USD.
They also bulid adaptors, highest quality, at incredibly low price.

Here is Penon Audio cable for iSine 2.5mm, Balanced plug.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-25M-2-5mm-Balanced-4-Strands-19-Core-Silver-Plated-Earphone-Replacement-Cable/263327331824?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=562335972495&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Penon makes cables of ridiculous value, the 4 strand, 19 core cable costs $15 USD, almost laughable price in today's cable universe. They do have Silver plated cables, and more expensive cables, I fail to see the advantage of high priced cables, but you can hear the difference, go for it!

All their cables are soft, so no strain caused to delicate output sockets of DAP, especially a delicate flower, Onkyo DP X1 output sockets, both output sockets sub par, embarrasing junk! My Balanced Out of X1 is still functioning prolly cos of very soft, flexible Penon cable. The 3.5mm SE output socket of X1 was destroyed by Shure factory SE846 cable, and plug.

I use Penon Audio cables now, their cables are well built, with clearly high quality parts, the plug, cable itself, Y split is Aluminium, anodized black or polished Alu.

I've had much more expensive US made cables give up on Day 2, usually cos they are too stiff, and solder joints to TRRS plug come apart.

Give them a try, they ship for FREE from Hong Kong. And for once, seller really ships from HK, and not mainland, mainland shipping can take 1.5 months. HK Post takes around 1 week.
Thank you! Just bought them.

Jan 13, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #4,577 of 7,348
Thank You, whitemouse.

I didn't order tho as I don't see a place to specify the wiring. Just saying 2.5mm does not necessitate AK wiring to me.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #4,583 of 7,348
it states it is a 2.5mm balanced which is what AK and other DAPs use
I did not think a device outputing to a 2.5mm plug necessitated a wiring of L-/L+/R+/R- for t/r/r/s. Thought it needed to be stated. I'll have to re-re-research. :)

Jan 13, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #4,584 of 7,348
I did not think a device outputing to a 2.5mm plug necessitated a wiring of L-/L+/R+/R- for t/r/r/s. Thought it needed to be stated. I'll have to re-re-research. :)

it would be nice if the terminology was more standardized, but if the pentaconn folks have their way (and Sennheiser has jumped in) then 4.4mm will start emerging as a more prevalent way of balanced connection

Jan 14, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #4,585 of 7,348
Aftermarket cable buyers ... if you have not seen this, great resource published by Audeze regarding the connector specs:

https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...Connector-info-for-iSINE-and-LCDi4-Headphones

The thing I found most interesting is about the 092 connector: "The recommended dimensions for connectors without this groove is 2.5mm x 5mm, and the pins are .75mm in diameter".

I.e. the 0.78mm 092 connector is only to be used if the connector has the groove.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #4,587 of 7,348
Aftermarket cable buyers ... if you have not seen this, great resource published by Audeze regarding the connector specs:

https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...Connector-info-for-iSINE-and-LCDi4-Headphones

The thing I found most interesting is about the 092 connector: "The recommended dimensions for connectors without this groove is 2.5mm x 5mm, and the pins are .75mm in diameter".

I.e. the 0.78mm 092 connector is only to be used if the connector has the groove.

Thank you. Now I am confused.

May I suggest a great cable, the best I've found, 2.5mm TRRS (balanced), terminated to iSine 10 and 20 (2 Pin, 0.78mm connectors that Audeze use for iSines).
Penon Audio make the same 2.5mm Balanced cable with MMCX connectors, such as Shure SE series. Cost is $15 USD.
They also bulid adaptors, highest quality, at incredibly low price.

Here is Penon Audio cable for iSine 2.5mm, Balanced plug.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-25M-2-5mm-Balanced-4-Strands-19-Core-Silver-Plated-Earphone-Replacement-Cable/263327331824?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=562335972495&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Penon makes cables of ridiculous value, the 4 strand, 19 core cable costs $15 USD, almost laughable price in today's cable universe. They do have Silver plated cables, and more expensive cables, I fail to see the advantage of high priced cables, but you can hear the difference, go for it!

All their cables are soft, so no strain caused to delicate output sockets of DAP, especially a delicate flower, Onkyo DP X1 output sockets, both output sockets sub par, embarrasing junk! My Balanced Out of X1 is still functioning prolly cos of very soft, flexible Penon cable. The 3.5mm SE output socket of X1 was destroyed by Shure factory SE846 cable, and plug.

I use Penon Audio cables now, their cables are well built, with clearly high quality parts, the plug, cable itself, Y split is Aluminium, anodized black or polished Alu.

I've had much more expensive US made cables give up on Day 2, usually cos they are too stiff, and solder joints to TRRS plug come apart.

Give them a try, they ship for FREE from Hong Kong. And for once, seller really ships from HK, and not mainland, mainland shipping can take 1.5 months. HK Post takes around 1 week.

Will they work or not?

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2018 at 4:15 AM Post #4,588 of 7,348
Thank you. Now I am confused.

Will they work or not?

The cable on the photo is connected to my iSine 20.
The 0.78mm plug has a groove on Left and Right plug, to prevent inserting the connector in wrong way, wrong polarity, just like Audeze factory cable has a groove on each plug.

For peace of mind, look at this cable, it uses same plugs, and this seller has sold 9 from this listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-4mm-Bala...ny-NW-WM1Z-WM1A-/172721262657?redirect=mobile

This is from a US seller, scroll down and read the full description of his cable. Seller specifically mentions iSine compatibility. Also, go through all the pics, there is a close up of two 0.78mm 2 Pin connectors. His plugs are anodized black Aluminium. His cable looks great, and it looks he's sold quite a few.

Hong Kong seller uses same plugs, $15 cable uses polished Aluminium plugs, his more expensive cables have anodized black plugs. It's just the matter of colour, plug is the same.

I'll take a photo when I get back, showing this PenonAudio cable plugged to my iSine 20. It fits perfectly.

(I'm not affiliated with Penon Audio in any way, other than being happy customer).

I just find their cables incredible value, they are built with all metal parts, cable itself is high quality. If you didn't know the price, you'd think they are $200 cables. I'm simply sharing my find. I have used their 2.5mm balanced MMCX $15 cable for Shure as well, it is also very well built, solid cable. Theiy have an online shop with all kinds of goodies, such as 5mm inner diameter Comply Foam tips, 5mm should fit iSine but I haven't tryed those, but look at their prices!

https://penonaudio.com

foam comply-700x700.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #4,589 of 7,348
The cable on the photo is connected to my iSine 20.
The 0.78mm plug has a groove on Left and Right plug, to prevent inserting the connector in wrong way, wrong polarity, just like Audeze factory cable has a groove on each plug.

For peace of mind, look at this cable, it uses same plugs, and this seller has sold 9 from this listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-4mm-Bala...ny-NW-WM1Z-WM1A-/172721262657?redirect=mobile

This is from a US seller, scroll down and read the full description of his cable. Seller specifically mentions iSine compatibility. Also, go through all the pics, there is a close up of two 0.78mm 2 Pin connectors. His plugs are anodized black Aluminium. His cable looks great, and it looks he's sold quite a few.

Hong Kong seller uses same plugs, $15 cable uses polished Aluminium plugs, his more expensive cables have anodized black plugs. It's just the matter of colour, plug is the same.

I'll take a photo when I get back, showing this PenonAudio cable plugged to my iSine 20. It fits perfectly.

(I'm not affiliated with Penon Audio in any way, other than being happy customer).

I just find their cables incredible value, they are built with all metal parts, cable itself is high quality. If you didn't know the price, you'd think they are $200 cables. I'm simply sharing my find. I have used their 2.5mm balanced MMCX $15 cable for Shure as well, it is also very well built, solid cable. Theiy have an online shop with all kinds of goodies, such as 5mm inner diameter Comply Foam tips, 5mm should fit iSine but I haven't tryed those, but look at their prices!

https://penonaudio.com

The photos of the Chinese seller and the US seller really look incredible similar.
Do you think the cable is realy comparable?

Jan 14, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #4,590 of 7,348
The photos of the Chinese seller and the US seller really look incredible similar.
Do you think the cable is realy comparable?

I bought the cable from Hong Kong, and Im using it with my iSines.

Several months back I bought a 2.5mm TRRS, balanced cable for Shure from the same seller, cable is not falling apart despite my packbacker lifestyle in Asia. I'm wondering around for hours every day, Oppos or Shures with me every minute. And now isines for past week. His cable for isine appears just as well built, as his Shure cable, and I confirm that his $15 Shure cable hasn't fallen apart, it works and looks as good as new.

We can't really ask for more from a $15 cable, free shipping with full tracking, signature confirmation on delivery. Tough to beat that!

If I was American, I would support American shop, these cables are hand made, American seller offers various lengths for his cables. Hardly anything is now made in USA or Europe, because of labour cost. It is good thing to support those very few, who make stuff in the Western world. It costs more, but for a good reason.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back