Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Oct 4, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #3,766 of 7,348
Tough fit
Open back

I know a set like that:thinking:

I spent more on re-cabling and customizing than the IEM themselves.

Thanks for the heads up though. I already heard them a month ago which is why I got em now.

I'm a fan:thumbsup:

Put them on your X7ii balanced, do n't worry about any EQ:ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #3,768 of 7,348
The desirability/necessity of EQ seems to vary widely between listeners; in my case, I find that it varies quite a bit depending on what I'm listening to. So I think the best advice is just for folks to try listening with and without EQ to a bunch of different tracks representative of their taste/etc.

Incidentally, these posts may be helpful for those who haven't tried using EQ yet:

Config file for EqualizerAPO
Preset for Foobar's graphic equalizer and .wav files for convolution
Parametric EQ settings for Amarra

Oct 4, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #3,769 of 7,348
i disagree i use mine balanced on the X7 II and they sound like crap. With Viper Effect Convolver and the preset provided on this thread this is MUCH better.
iSine 10 with Forza Audioworks balanced cable on Fiio X5 III
great sound, imaging, separation, detail, not still up to the cypher cable but that's still good !
Intresting you must like a darker richer sound
20171004_201213[1].jpg
Symbio Wide bore eartips, LQi Cables UP-OCC silver plated copper cable

Oct 4, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #3,770 of 7,348
I made a screen capture video of the app bug that seems to be quite an isolated thing (fortunately):

One more thing: there seems to be a noticeable jump in volume between these two volume slider positions in the stock Music app. It’s a small increment so it may be hard to see; but the volume delta is DEFINITELY unlike elsewhere on the slider when sliding the same distance apart.

D441BECA-976D-4B44-A9D4-2DE0EABB51BD.png

A5709F85-9DE7-4407-8388-AAC4E03C58CF.png

Oct 5, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #3,772 of 7,348
Hey Dudes,

I need your support. I'm looking for a new cable and new eartips for my ISine 10. I'm located in Germany. Do you know some high qualitiy cables and eartips which fit to the Isine? Thank you really much for your help. I just need a 3.5mm plug :wink:

I didn't got the groovy eartips and the larger Earhook in my package cause I bought them used. Is the groovy kid usefull to buy?

Cheers

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #3,773 of 7,348
Hey Dudes,

I need your support. I'm looking for a new cable and new eartips for my ISine 10. I'm located in Germany. Do you know some high qualitiy cables and eartips which fit to the Isine? Thank you really much for your help. I just need a 3.5mm plug :wink:

I didn't got the groovy eartips and the larger Earhook in my package cause I bought them used. Is the groovy kid usefull to buy?

Cheers

The larger earhooks are a HUGE improvement over the original ones. The groovy tips are also a big improvement. I personally found the groovy tips to be irritating to wear for longer periods (longer than a couple hours, I think?) but they fit much more securely than the original tips.

Aftermarket tips that work well in my experience: Spinfit 230-M, Comply 600, JVC Spiral Dot.

A lot of folks including me are using Venture Electronics cables, which are not high-end, but for most folks seem to work well. (There was somebody posting recently who got a bad cable from them, but it seems like on average they're good for the money.)

Any 0.78 two-pin cable should work as long as it has the connectors have a notch and the connector will fit inside the recess on the iSine. (And you probably don't want memory wire or a preformed ear hook, etc.; many IEM cables are made that way b/c most are worn w/the cable over-ear.)

Oct 5, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #3,774 of 7,348
Hey kukku,

thx u for your reply.

So, u think its the best way to order the groovy kid first and try this eartips? When I dont like them I can order different ones.

Where can I order the Venture Electronics Cable? Is Aliexpress the best way to go? Do u have maybe a link for me?

Cheers

Oct 5, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #3,775 of 7,348
Hey kukku,

thx u for your reply.

So, u think its the best way to order the groovy kid first and try this eartips? When I dont like them I can order different ones.

Where can I order the Venture Electronics Cable? Is Aliexpress the best way to go? Do u have maybe a link for me?

Cheers

Yeah, I'd definitely suggest giving the groovy kit a try.

For the VE cable, I think most folks order from Aliexpress. I ordered mine from veclan.com, but they aren't selling cables through there at the moment b/c of a big Massdrop order.

I think this is the correct link, but others may want to verify this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...-5trrs-3-5trrs-cable/1924356_32822038909.html

There are multiple options include single-ended vs. balanced termination, so make sure you're picking whatever goes with your source.

Oct 5, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #3,779 of 7,348
Maybe Audeze will read this: I tried to order the Groovy package, but they want 50$ for shipping to Germany. Thats pretty much. Maybe there is an other way to get this pack? b/c of this shipping costs I have to pay customs costs, too. Thats to much for a 10 bucks package :frowning2:

Oct 5, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #3,780 of 7,348
Maybe Audeze will read this: I tried to order the Groovy package, but they want 50$ for shipping to Germany. Thats pretty much. Maybe there is an other way to get this pack? b/c of this shipping costs I have to pay customs costs, too. Thats to much for a 10 bucks package :frowning2:

That sucks. (Especially for such a tiny item.)

If you want to try some of the other tips I recommended, it looks like amazon.de has Comply 600 tips (good if you like foam, very comfortable). JVC Spiral Dot can be found on eBay, I think. I got my Spinfit 230-M from Penon Audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back