Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jul 27, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #3,167 of 7,348
Mojo and iSine20 pair well, but Audeze has some DSP magic in the Cipher cable that has a different sound signature than the non Cipher. EQ helps get close, but there is a definite difference between the 2 cables. I don't mind the 2 different sound signatures. In fact since I do have an iPhone, I can enjoy both depending on what I am carrying. A bit confusing... maybe, but the difference isn't a deal breaker for me. YMMV

There is so much tuning they can do with the driver itself, then DSP can be used to tweak it to the desired final output. Saw a video about this and it seems like the wave of the future.

I personally have no issue using the standard 3.5mm cable, even though I have the cipher cable. I think it still sounds fantastic.

Jul 27, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #3,168 of 7,348
I would encourage everyone to try BOTH the ANALOG and CIPHER sound signatures before judging the isines. I see so many people here complaining about the sound they're getting, then they try eq and they love them.
I think that people who are new to the thread should take some time and scroll through a little before posting about "how do they sound with this, is cipher comparable to this, where do I find the eq, they sound bad out of my dac/amp what do I do) etc. So many questions get asked many times over.
Type "eq" in the search window, select "search this thread only" and go read.
I don't wanna bitch, but honestly eq has been discussed for 120 pages, and still people keep asking the same questions.

Jul 27, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #3,169 of 7,348
I'm still waiting for my cipher cable from audeze but I cant image it sounding better then my current set up but I am looking forward to testing it out.

Also your average consumer is not the people buying the isine 10 and 20's the average person has no idea and are the people who buy beats

Jul 27, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #3,170 of 7,348
I'm still waiting for my cipher cable from audeze but I cant image it sounding better then my current set up but I am looking forward to testing it out.
Also your average consumer is not the people buying the isine 10 and 20's the average person has no idea and are the people who buy beats

whether or not it sounds better is up to the person listening, but there is a different tuning with the Cipher

Jul 28, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #3,172 of 7,348
I tried playing with the eq but at the end of the day, for me there wasn't really anything special with the SQ. It didn't have its own character that made me want to keep it. I was able to closely mimic my friend's isine 20 with cipher cable, then that's that. Again maybe from the very start it is just not my cup of tea. I'll be moving to Andromeda now and hopefully when paycheck permits, the lcd i4.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Jul 28, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #3,173 of 7,348
I got to listen to some "Houston Grade Customs" cables on the I-20's. These are silver plated OCC cables. There was a big improvement with zero EQ applied. The highs are "sweeter" listening to KMFDM and speed in the beats were on point. For portable use, this is the cable I would use on the daily.

20170728_081944.jpg

Jul 28, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #3,174 of 7,348
I got to listen to some "Houston Grade Customs" cables on the I-20's. These are silver plated OCC cables. There was a big improvement with zero EQ applied. The highs are "sweeter" listening to KMFDM and speed in the beats were on point. For portable use, this is the cable I would use on the daily.

Interesting... can I ask where you got this cable and the price.

Thanks

Jul 28, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #3,175 of 7,348
That cable looks exactly like the one the LCD-i4 came with, except for the barrels which match their color.

Jul 28, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #3,176 of 7,348
Hey guys, at the beach with family so sorry for the late reply.
The cable is diy. Ebay vendors. Cable is about $10 a meter including shipping. I made my cable is 2m. Together with the connectors total price is right under $25. I also have a all copper version, same price. Copper sounds just as detailed slightly warmer and treble not as forward.

Jul 28, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #3,179 of 7,348
So,

Last night I decided I should try out the medium tips. I had gone from the smallest which didn't give me a good seal to the largest, which seemed to fix the problems. The sound was very good but gave me some sharpness/ "shouty" behaviour sometimes. I often fidgeted with them in my ears, making sure I had a good fit, too. After putting the medium tips in, it's like I'm finally hearing the isine 20's for the first time. They sound open in a different way than before, the bass is deep and resonant--the rumble from the opening track on Vapor (Yosi Horikawa) was more pronounced than i've heard from my over ear headphones.

And they say the i4 are even better....sigh. I have the LCDX, LCD-XC, and now the isine 20. Maybe it'd save me some money if Audeze would start a subscription program?

The moral to the story is to try all the tips, try all the accessories and spend some time with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back