Audeze Euclid Closed-Back Planar IEM
Jun 20, 2022 at 2:04 AM Post #286 of 457
For anyone using Roon or a player that has the capability to use convolution filters, I highly recommend Audeze's files KMann recently shared:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-dsp-presets-now-available-in-roon.858730/page-9#post-16997776

I've been using it the last few hours and am kinda blown away (plus an additional little bump in bass and treble that I'll share below). I really don't want to pull the Euclids out and go to sleep. It's far superior to the result you get if you load the PEQ parameters KMann provided that he said is used in the Cipher cable. Like ... way ... WAY better! (I will eventually measure the electrical EQ curve and will share that once I have it.)

My personal preference however is to supplement the following Parametric EQ DSP before the Convolution filter:

Band 1: Low Shelf | 78 Hz | 2.5dB | 1.2 Q
Band 2: High Shelf | 7000 Hz | 1.6 dB | 0.6 Q

(Band 2 may be unnecessary or undesirable for you, if you are young and/or have better hearing than me. Also, you may find 9000 or 6000 Hz or anything akin to that, or Q of 0.7 or 0.5 , or a different amplitude suits you; I'm doing 8000, 1.7, 0.8 with some Gary Newman remixes atm. Or like I said, nothing at all there. Its goal is to bring out the bite of modulations and make the treble more snappy and edgy in a subtle way, which I felt it needed to balance the bass boost. At least, imo.)

With the above EQ + Audeze's Convolution filter (that will eventually be added to the special Audeze filter DSP section, once Roon Labs does the work to integrate, test and deploy it) it sounds like I have a full size Audeze headphone on my head, but without the weight.

I also engage Headroom management with -1.0 dB pre-amp cut and enable the Clip indicator just to ensure I don't need more cut. All my music has ReplayGain calculated and embedded, and Roon's Volume Leveling at the Track level is engaged. If you don't use that, you may need to apply more pre-amp cut here.

I'm using the extremely capable M17 as dac-amp, but source from Roon rather than local mSD card library. Because the Roon iOS and Android app resamples to 48Khz, I wont use those to play or output music on those devices, just as a controller when playing on another device. Roon is streaming to a Kangaroo micro PC that I'm running via a large battery pack; I'm not running anything else on it other than RoonBridge. Then streaming USB from that into my new portable FiiO M17 on the stand running off DC in "Enhanced Over-Ear headphone" mode. With near limitless power (capable of delivering something nearing 3 watts per channel into the Euclid's super low impedance in that mode), but used judiciously -- as it will easily make you deaf or blow the Euclid if not -- it makes the Euclid shine beyond anything else I have; dare I say better than driven from either of my sizable and weighty desktop beauties, my McIntosh MHA-100 or Woo Audio WA-22. If you're tempted by the M17 I say do it!

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #287 of 457
Just a word of caution when using other filters in combination with the linear filters, try both the linear and the zero latency filters because you lose the advantage of using a linear filter when you combine with Roons filters (related to keeping it linear phase). The linear phase filters work best when used just by themselves.

Jun 21, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #288 of 457
Just a word of caution when using other filters in combination with the linear filters, try both the linear and the zero latency filters because you lose the advantage of using a linear filter when you combine with Roons filters (related to keeping it linear phase). The linear phase filters work best when used just by themselves.
Thank you. I'll update my dsp chain.

Side note, I figured out what was behind my being unable to load one of the two zip files. I'll provide the detail in the Roon DSP Presets thread.

Jul 1, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #290 of 457
just a few days ago, i saw an online ad that the local agent made a special offer for the audeze euclid at 50% off and bundled with free 4.4mm and bluetooth cables too. I always wanna try one planar iem but havent seen a reasonably priced one except the 7hz before. i immediately rushed to my favorite online stores to check but sadly all showed "sold out".

i did my usual toy shopping on the weekend today and, while trapped in the shopping mall under a heavy rainstorm, accidentally saw a small iem specialty shop still got one last pair! immediately fetched my credit card to get this very last pair without demo :stuck_out_tongue:

very good build quality. sounds pretty spacious and neutral right out of box. i havent unpack the 4.4mm and bluetooth cables yet and just use the 3.5mm cable. the 105dB/mw rating suggests it's not that hard to drive but in fact i've to dial up the vol on my AK CA1000 by almost 10 (from 62 to 70) when i switched from the sony mdr-z1r overhead on 4.4mm out! not the most easy to drive. for such price, it's really good and competitive against the meze advar and senn ie600.

Attachments

• 20220701_161212.jpg
    20220701_161212.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220701_160336.jpg
    20220701_160336.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Jul 1, 2022 at 7:18 AM Post #291 of 457
just a few days ago, i saw an online ad that the local agent made a special offer for the audeze euclid at 50% off and bundled with free 4.4mm and bluetooth cables too. I always wanna try one planar iem but havent seen a reasonably priced one except the 7hz before. i immediately rushed to my favorite online stores to check but sadly all showed "sold out".

i did my usual toy shopping on the weekend today and, while trapped in the shopping mall under a heavy rainstorm, accidentally saw a small iem specialty shop still got one last pair! immediately fetched my credit card to get this very last pair without demo :stuck_out_tongue:

very good build quality. sounds pretty spacious and neutral right out of box. i havent unpack the 4.4mm and bluetooth cables yet and just use the 3.5mm cable. the 105dB/mw rating suggests it's not that hard to drive but in fact i've to dial up the vol on my AK CA1000 by almost 10 (from 62 to 70) when i switched from the sony mdr-z1r overhead on 4.4mm out! not the most easy to drive. for such price, it's really good and competitive against the meze advar and senn ie600.
I like to read such nice stories.

The MDR-Z1R is very easy to drive. Compare it to the Liric instead.

Jul 2, 2022 at 3:17 AM Post #292 of 457
I like to read such nice stories.

The MDR-Z1R is very easy to drive. Compare it to the Liric instead.
i just took out my ie900 and listening a/b on ak ca1000 for a while this morning when a typhoon hit my city and was trapped indoor.

ie900 is much easier to drive as the sensitivity suggests. the ie900 is also much more spacious with better details too. while the euclid sounds quite good on its own too, my personal preference definitely will go to ie900. not just the sound matches my preference more, the smaller size is much more easy to wear comfortably too. the frequency response graph shows the ie900 has much more bass output (almost 5dB below 60hz from crinacle's measurements) but strangely i didnt subjectively feel this way.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #293 of 457
I have just read all the comments, So i don't think there is wadding on mine, its just the grill, very similar to Techpowerup's review pictures!

Why so much variation ugh, first with not providing the Spinfit tips and then now this? Wish they would give us an explanation @Audeze
oh, i just found that my euclid also just comes with 3 sizes of comply foam tips and 3 sizes of audeze's own silicon tips. the silicon ones are quite hard and not sealing very well. i'm not sure how much those spinfit tips will cost audeze but it's kind of strange they skim on this important accessories. and more strangely i checked the local dealer's page they no longer mentioned spinfit tips but the audueze site still does!

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #294 of 457
oh, i just found that my euclid also just comes with 3 sizes of comply foam tips and 3 sizes of audeze's own silicon tips. the silicon ones are quite hard and not sealing very well. i'm not sure how much those spinfit tips will cost audeze but it's kind of strange they skim on this important accessories. and more strangely i checked the local dealer's page they no longer mentioned spinfit tips but the audueze site still does!
Roughly $12 on Amazon for CP145 Spinfit Eartips. They are some of the better fitting/sealing eartips available.

Jul 3, 2022 at 11:25 PM Post #295 of 457
Last edited:
Jul 26, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #298 of 457
The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Aug 11, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #299 of 457
I've been reading comments where people think these IEMs lack bass. I don't know if there's something wrong with their ears, or if they've bought fake Euclids or what, but these Audeze Euclid's pack serious punch, and slam. The sub bass is large, full bodied and visceral. In fact all frequencies sound amazing on this set.

And I say that even as I use the Euclids straight from my Samsung S21 phone without an external DAC or anything. I also use these with Qudelix - superb!

There's absolutely nothing wrong with these IEM's.

There's also some people who believe the 7HZ Timeless is on par or better than the Euclid. Stop that talk right there! The Euclid blow the Timeless out of the water. It's not even close.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #300 of 457
One person even said these IEMs only sound good on Classical or Acoustic music and not EDM or anything which requires serious bass like modern Hip-Hop, e.t.c..

I can't believe what I was reading, that person must have been drunk when writing his review. The biggest load of rubbish I've read regarding music gear. Absolute nonsense. These work superb with absolutely any genre you throw at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back