Audeze Euclid Closed-Back Planar IEM
Feb 9, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #91 of 457
Im probably in a camp of one with this and will probably get shot down in flames for saying it but I'm getting tired of keep reading posts, not just on this thread but on many others too quoting Crinacles graphs and opinions like they are some kind gospel.

Now don't get me wrong he seems like a very talented reviewer and I do use his site along with many others too but surely at the end of the day its just one mans subjective opinion and YMMV.

One thing this hobby as absolutely taught me over the last few years is that we do all hear things slightly differently and at the end of the day only your ears are the ones that really matter.
I don't agree with his reviews for the most part but his ief neutral target is exactly the same as my perceived neutral so I mainly just use his graphing tools and read reviews that are close to the tonality he prefers.

Feb 9, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #92 of 457
I saw that am and actually pretty excited to see a BT cable for it. I wonder if Audeze will try to push the TWS game or go with a more standard like the iSine behind the neck cable. Pairing something like this to the Fiio TWS cable might make for an endgame TWS headphone :p

The reason for going to MMCX is partly due to design and ability to accommodate it in the housing. BT cables were planned (behind neck like iSine). However it will work with the FIIO or Shure TWS designs easily.

One of the advantages of the Euclid is the efficiency. You can drive it easily.
Brent Butterworth just published his measurements here - https://www.soundstagesolo.com/inde...hr_y0aBj7to2lRYhmmXPI-nWLWSIastCSckgzzRI9NcCQ

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Feb 10, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #93 of 457
Doesn't the Cipher (Lightning cable) apply an EQ? You probably wouldn't want to use that with the Euclid since that might end up creating weird dips in the headphone.
That is what I said (or implied?) Check what I typed. It's not you probably wouldnt want to. You definitely wouldn't want to use a Cipher cable. And the BT Cipher cable definitely has the eq curve applied too; just a simpler version yielding a bit darker of a tonality.

I was just guessing that people would make the mistake of using a cable that applies the iSine eq with this which is way way different yielding horrible results, as to why they changed the connection type. That has to be part of why they changed it (the other part of, "is partly due to" immediately above, lol).

However I invested in a nice copper+silver balanced/4-pole cable for my iSine20. I -would- want to use it with this. Unfortunately, can't.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #94 of 457
It looks to me that Audeze has done a lot of things right with this Euclid IEM:
- unlike the LCD i4 and i3, it is closed = what is normally sought after for IEMs
- the frequency response curve seems much closer to what is expected for high fidelity, as shown by Crinacle, compared to the LCD i4 and i3
- they come with a Peli case: I had no use for the soft, unprotective poach that came with my LCD i4, I had to buy a Peli case for my i4 and my i3 (and the shape of the latter seems to make them particularly vulnerable)
- they have spinfit earfits. Following Nomax 's advice, I fitted some on my i4 and this was a real improvement
- they are much cheaper than the i4 but seem to have a better cable than the i3.

So congratulations for listening well to your customers, Audeze! Go on like this, hopefully also for your next TOTL headphone (please a high fidelity FR and a weight under 500 grams!!)
I think that when the Euclid will have arrived at my dealer, I will comparatively audition it with the Final A8000, hoping this will be possible under the Covid restrictions, and this may be the only bad thing for me so far about the Euclid: it rimes with... Covid...

[ BTW, Re. Crinacle, I usually agree with his findings, for me he is by far the best IEM and headphone reviewer ever, I could write all kinds of specific praises, but this would be off topic...]

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #98 of 457
To me this seems like a step in another direction. I got the i4's to have the best soundstage and details I could have without using open headphones as I hate headbands and the weight.

This sounds like a great iem on paper, but just another closed iem.

@Audeze, any plans for an open version of Euclid? Something without the weight and awkward ear clip ons like the i series? Or an i5 with iem form factor so TWS solutions can be used instead of the dangly ear ring looking BT abomination?

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #99 of 457
The exact same thing I was thinking when I first saw them!

Let me introduce you to ItsFit. Vietnamese CIEM manufacturer that do probably have the best reshell service available. They are usually able to reshell tribids, so hopefully a planar driver should be possible too

not just any planar driver, massive 18mm driver with external magnet array

https://www.audeze.com/products/euclid

reshelling with conventional tech is highly unrealistic, maybe once 3D metal print customs become a thing then they could work

Feb 10, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #100 of 457
One of the advantages of the Euclid is the efficiency. You can drive it easily.
Brent Butterworth just published his measurements here -

that can’t be his real name! 😅

On topic - I love the iSine 20 for its openness but of course Euclid is enticing because it fits the normal use case for IEM’s far better than the open-backed iSine line.

Feb 10, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #101 of 457
not just any planar driver, massive 18mm driver with external magnet array

https://www.audeze.com/products/euclid

reshelling with conventional tech is highly unrealistic, maybe once 3D metal print customs become a thing then they could work
I know it is optimistic. I think the biggest problem is what the acoustic structure looks like on the inside. 18mm is very large but physically it shouldn't be that difficult to fit inside a relatively normal-sized IEM shell.

I'am tempted to ask ItsFit directly, but they probably will have no clue at this moment either.

Feb 16, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #105 of 457
Where does the sound signature of those bring us?
Yes the question is how do they sound like 😅😝
Lcd 2 or lcd i4?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back