Audeze Euclid Closed-Back Planar IEM
Feb 9, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #77 of 457
On one hand I'm happy to see the early measurements. Equalization necessary seems 'milder' and easier to reach either a balanced or fun tonality.

On the other hand, @Audeze , why the heck did you feel compelled to change the connector type and make it so I cant use my aftermarket cable for my iSine20? I guess you wanted to ensure folks didn't use the Cipher cables (whether bluetooth or wired) and negatively blast the understandably horrible result on the internet? Would seem so.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #78 of 457
I wonder how it stacks up against my beloved AKG N5005, also $1300 when new.
A reasonable similarity...
Screenshot_20210209-121602_Chrome.jpg

Feb 9, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #80 of 457
A reasonable similarity...
Thanks for the graphs. Our measurements are quite similar to crinacle's measurements (green) posted above.

The Frequency response only tells half the story. A single driver planar design can sound more cohesive than multi driver designs, this would improve clarity and also imaging precision. Planar drivers have far lower mass due to the thin diaphragm they use; hence can sound more transparent/fast.

To further improve imaging, to reduce interference, and to improve FR we have used Fazors on the one side of the driver (facing outside) and also carefully designed waveguide in the ear port which is quite unique to Euclid.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #81 of 457
On one hand I'm happy to see the early measurements. Equalization necessary seems 'milder' and easier to reach either a balanced or fun tonality.

On the other hand, @Audeze , why the heck did you feel compelled to change the connector type and make it so I cant use my aftermarket cable for my iSine20? I guess you wanted to ensure folks didn't use the Cipher cables (whether bluetooth or wired) and negatively blast the understandably horrible result on the internet? Would seem so.

Doesn't the Cipher (Lightning cable) apply an EQ? You probably wouldn't want to use that with the Euclid since that might end up creating weird dips in the headphone. If memory serve the BT Cipher cable didn't apply this EQ though. The iSine and Euclid also seem to be set up differently with the Euclid designed to be worn over the ear vs cable down with the iSine. The BT cable's ergonomics (with the battery and control structures) might not bode well with that unless you have a very small head :p

Feb 9, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #82 of 457
Thanks for the graphs. Our measurements are quite similar to crinacle's measurements (green) posted above.

The Frequency response only tells half the story. A single driver planar design can sound more cohesive than multi driver designs, this would improve clarity and also imaging precision. Planar drivers have far lower mass due to the thin diaphragm they use; hence can sound more transparent/fast.

To further improve imaging, to reduce interference, and to improve FR we have used Fazors on the one side of the driver (facing outside) and also carefully designed waveguide in the ear port which is quite unique to Euclid.
@KMann Do you feel the Euclid needs correction ? If so do you have a recommended curve and/or Reveal for Roon yet ? Very much looking forward to receiving my Euclids (ordered Friday), I've been waiting/hoping for a closed back Audeze IEM for use outside of quiet environments. I've tried others but they just don't have that Audeze planar sound.

Feb 9, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #83 of 457
To continue my AKG / Audeze comparison, it has been my observation after listening to both over-the-ear headsets that AKG has a much wider soundstage and Audeze narrower which, of course, will not show on any measurement equipment. Even the N5005 earbuds sound very open and wide, rivaling my old K701's. Only the Sennheiser HD800 has a wider soundstage (maybe *too* wide for chamber music!)

Feb 9, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #84 of 457
@KMann Do you feel the Euclid needs correction ? If so do you have a recommended curve and/or Reveal for Roon yet ? Very much looking forward to receiving my Euclids (ordered Friday), I've been waiting/hoping for a closed back Audeze IEM for use outside of quiet environments. I've tried others but they just don't have that Audeze planar sound.

Crinacle wasn't a fan of their tonality if I remember correctly, but found them good from a technical standpoint. From the measurements they look like they'll be on the brighter, maybe thinner, side of things rather than something that's rich and smooth (in the midrange) with good bass extension. But that's me trying to read measurements (basically an attempt at an educated guess), we'll find out more when they actually land in other's hands.

Edit: another thing to note is that if you look at the measurements themselves above the 1k-ish range, they are very close and hover around Crinacle's "neutral" target curve. From that I'd argue they are likely very close to where Audeze wants them to be.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #86 of 457
By the way it looks like there might be a cypher cable coming out soon, personally not very interested for it, bit if anyone is...
Screenshot_20210209-192202_Chrome.jpg

I saw that am and actually pretty excited to see a BT cable for it. I wonder if Audeze will try to push the TWS game or go with a more standard like the iSine behind the neck cable. Pairing something like this to the Fiio TWS cable might make for an endgame TWS headphone :p

Feb 9, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #87 of 457
Im probably in a camp of one with this and will probably get shot down in flames for saying it but I'm getting tired of keep reading posts, not just on this thread but on many others too quoting Crinacles graphs and opinions like they are some kind gospel.

Now don't get me wrong he seems like a very talented reviewer and I do use his site along with many others too but surely at the end of the day its just one mans subjective opinion and YMMV.

One thing this hobby as absolutely taught me over the last few years is that we do all hear things slightly differently and at the end of the day only your ears are the ones that really matter.

Feb 9, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #88 of 457
Im probably in a camp of one with this and will probably get shot down in flames for saying it but I'm getting tired of keep reading posts, not just on this thread but on many others too quoting Crinacles graphs and opinions like they are some kind gospel.

Now don't get me wrong he seems like a very talented reviewer and I do use his site along with many others too but surely at the end of the day its just one mans subjective opinion and YMMV.

One thing this hobby as absolutely taught me over the last few years is that we do all hear things slightly differently and at the end of the day only your ears are the ones that really matter.
100% agree, I very much value his reviews, I do learn a lot but I find that his ears are different from mine.

I am also in a small camp of those who don't mind EQ and in many ways expect to need it. I've yet to find any transducer that is "just right" to my ears with the exception of maybe reference monitors (spent a lot of time w/ M&K's in studios), but the point of those is specifically no EQ.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #89 of 457

I do agree with this. He is very popular for his ranking and graph database, as well as his very honest and often brutal reviews of gear, which quite often go against public opinion.

He does make it very clear that what he says is absolutely his own personal opinion, but I do think his influence does sometimes carry over into some threads.

I do very much respect him, he has done loads for the general community (with the graphs to start of with) but I just hope everyone understands how subjective this hobby is.

Feb 9, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #90 of 457

I tend to disagree with a lot of the grades he gives out but I do tend to agree with the majority of the subjective things he says when it comes to tonality. His graphs are very good to have, always a good idea to have multiple sources of this. Audeze saying his graphs line up with theirs is a good sign though. As of right now, with respect to the Euclid, I'm not sure who else's impressions (that are out) that we could really "trust."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back