Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
May 10, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #6,076 of 6,486
Can we all agree, that I like my EL8-O, and I don't care about picking on other headphones? 

Side Note: I was able to acquire a set of connectors for the EL-8. I'm thinking of building an adapter with them to allow me to roll cables that terminate at 2.5mm on the headphone side. I plan on modding my TH-X00 Purple Hearts when they get here to 2.5mm input as well. Then I can share 1 cable between both headphones.

May 10, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #6,078 of 6,486
I don't think anybody in the history of this earth has ever called the highs on any of those headphones "smooth". You may like it but they all objectivity have massive treble spikes and treble ringing in the csd.

Indeed, calling them smooth is almost bewildering.

However, those cans do have a lot in common, so I totally get grouping them like that. But "smooth" is an interesting choice. Hence the struggle of subjectively describing objective measurements.

Smooth as opposed to grainy

May 18, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #6,081 of 6,486
@WayTooCrazy, really nice work, I think I might need to hire you to make one for me also
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #6,082 of 6,486
May 18, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #6,085 of 6,486
I bought the travel case for my open EL-8s.

It's extremely well built and I really love the materials.  The design internally is a bit meh, the foam provided makes placing them inside a bit awkward.  It's also a pinch too small, so you really have to be careful that the zipper doesn't hit the metal pieces on the sides.

It has a really nice sized pouch for cables where you can easily fit another cable along with the stock cable.

Overall, worth the cash because now I can take the EL-8s wherever I want :)

May 19, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #6,087 of 6,486
  Are there differences between the new and old connector? or is the change on the ear cup side only?

I imagine it's cup side. No evidence, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back