Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread
Dec 23, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #106 of 125
I thinking of picking up a pair of these as a backup,. My main headphones is hifiman edition x v2, I can get a used el8 open back for about 150 USD. I have the isine 10 which I love I would think the el8 would fit into my collection pretty good. How does the el8 sound compared to the isine 10 ?

Dec 23, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #107 of 125
I thinking of picking up a pair of these as a backup,. My main headphones is hifiman edition x v2, I can get a used el8 open back for about 150 USD. I have the isine 10 which I love I would think the el8 would fit into my collection pretty good. How does the el8 sound compared to the isine 10 ?
My EL-8 closed is alot better than isine 20. El-8 is very good just in your head. I image open would be better. For $150 I can't imagine any reason not to buy them.

Dec 23, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #108 of 125
I picked up a used EL8 for $200... Love the sound but the crackling noise and the fact that the headphone seem to go quiet on its side every time I tilt my head made me return it.
Would had loved to keep it, the sound and build was awesome.

Dec 25, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #111 of 125
I just got an EL-8 open this week and I really like it. The bass is impactful and tight. A substantial, weighty sound but still nicely balanced. Just not sure if I will keep it though as I also have an LCD-2. Need to do more comparison. I am still well within the return period but might be open to selling if anyone is interested.

Dec 26, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #112 of 125
I just got an EL-8 open this week and I really like it. The bass is impactful and tight. A substantial, weighty sound but still nicely balanced. Just not sure if I will keep it though as I also have an LCD-2. Need to do more comparison. I am still well within the return period but might be open to selling if anyone is interested.
What was the price

Jan 11, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #115 of 125
I've bought used EL-8C, standard audio cable, wood, from Adorama at 422$, they are manufacturer refurbished with 1 year warranty.

Cans are in transit, however is there a possibility I will be getting 2015 version which is considered bad, compared to April 2016 version?

Dunno what I will be getting in the box. How to tell different revisions? Should I just return them?

Many thanks in advance.

Jan 11, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #116 of 125
I've bought used EL-8C, standard audio cable, wood, from Adorama at 422$, they are manufacturer refurbished with 1 year warranty.

Cans are in transit, however is there a possibility I will be getting 2015 version which is considered bad, compared to April 2016 version?

Dunno what I will be getting in the box. How to tell different revisions? Should I just return them?

Many thanks in advance.
Audeze sends the headphone with a production date and serial number on a booklet with the headphone. I presume the refurbished model will as well. Both have a dip in the mids but the 2015 version is reportedly worse. The new version ships in a white box as well, I believe. Unfortunately I haven't seen anything verifying that the newer version actually improved those issues, so I'd say just listen and verify with your ears if you like what you got for your purchase.

Jan 16, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #117 of 125
So is there anyway to get the balanced cable nowadays? I know Moon-audio and some other custom cable makers have one for over $200, but I'm looking for just simple balanced cable... or can anyone recommend cable maker that can build one for cheap? Moon-audio has the EL-8 connector for $40 so I can just buy them and ship them over....

Jan 16, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #118 of 125
So is there anyway to get the balanced cable nowadays? I know Moon-audio and some other custom cable makers have one for over $200, but I'm looking for just simple balanced cable... or can anyone recommend cable maker that can build one for cheap? Moon-audio has the EL-8 connector for $40 so I can just buy them and ship them over....
It's tough... nobody has the 2.5 cables anymore. There are a few of the Pono dual 3.5 cables but that doesn't help much. I had a modder convert some cables for me. I got a 4.4 and 2.5 converted stock cable. Unfortunately, he didn't doing it anymore.

Check out https://www.mimic-cables.com/

They have EL8 termination. I bought a cable for my Audezes LCD2s and had good luck with them. It's a bit of a wait but the final product is nice.

Jan 16, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #119 of 125

NVM

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #120 of 125
It's tough... nobody has the 2.5 cables anymore. There are a few of the Pono dual 3.5 cables but that doesn't help much. I had a modder convert some cables for me. I got a 4.4 and 2.5 converted stock cable. Unfortunately, he didn't doing it anymore.

Check out https://www.mimic-cables.com/

They have EL8 termination. I bought a cable for my Audezes LCD2s and had good luck with them. It's a bit of a wait but the final product is nice.

Just check and yes they do have EL-8 termination. With tax, the final price is about $150... still little over what I expected, but will keep them in mind if I cannot find anything else. Thank you for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back