Audeze DSP presets now available in Roon
Sep 20, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #151 of 166
Either 1 or 2 should work, did not know you can even do 2 and 2 would be even better at reducing any errors. For LCD-5 and CRBN, the FIR filters were extracted from the PEQ filters provided by Bob Katz and Gary Cole, so they are the same for all practical purposes.
If the PEQ is the source, why wouldn't it be better to add the bass shelf to the PEQ? Is it because REW, like Roon, doesn't have the exact filter types in the original post?

I refer to your comment here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-dsp-presets-now-available-in-roon.858730/page-8#post-16955953

Sep 20, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #152 of 166
If the PEQ is the source, why wouldn't it be better to add the bass shelf to the PEQ? Is it because REW, like Roon, doesn't have the exact filter types in the original post?

I refer to your comment here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-dsp-presets-now-available-in-roon.858730/page-8#post-16955953
Yes, the PEQ filters posted are from DMG equilibrium, some of the filters do not have an equivalent in Roon or in REW. The Roon convolution filters were directly derived from the DMG plugin, so they will always be a close match.

Sep 20, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #154 of 166
Any plugin that lets you use a convolution filter, you can use them. Many players such as Jriver, Audirvana have some way to add convolution filters and so does Equalizer APO
thanks for the quick reply... I'll see if I can get it work with Jriver... also... how did your use of the LCD-5 with the Smyth A16 work out...

Sep 21, 2022 at 2:50 AM Post #155 of 166
Any plugin that lets you use a convolution filter, you can use them. Many players such as Jriver, Audirvana have some way to add convolution filters and so does Equalizer APO
Can you make the convolution filter available for the LCD4 as a download file so we can do this? Second time asking.

I mean the preset files...

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #157 of 166
is there a possibility that we could get the files for the LCD-X21 and the LCD-XC21 for download too...
We do not typically share the convolution presets as we consider them proprietary, the only reason we shared the LCD-5/CRBN presets is because it was developed by Bob Katz and Garry Cole and they wanted the presets shared. That said, I will see if we can have a page on our website dedicated to presets where we may share a subset of presets.

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #158 of 166
Ok thanks... that would be great if you could put all of these on your website to share.... would love to try these out on all of my Audeze headphones... I'd opt in on the Roon solution but they now charge $700 and as good as roon might be I can think of a few things to buy with that $700 on the Audeze web site... If I can get these to work on Jriver then thats a great compromise...

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #159 of 166
Ok thanks... that would be great if you could put all of these on your website to share.... would love to try these out on all of my Audeze headphones... I'd opt in on the Roon solution but they now charge $700 and as good as roon might be I can think of a few things to buy with that $700 on the Audeze web site... If I can get these to work on Jriver then thats a great compromise...
I’m in exactly the same boat. Roon seems like an expensive option if you don’t use Tidal or need the additional functionality.

Has anyone been able to compare the Roon filters with Audezes Reveal plugin? I’m guessing the Roon filters are most likely much higher quality?

Oct 24, 2022 at 10:30 PM Post #163 of 166
Hi! I'm not that technically oriented so the preset audeze eq filters in Roon are really appreciated. So easy! I just received a new mm-500 and am wondering if/when there will be a Roon eq profile for that hp. Right now I've selected the lcd5 eq because I've read those hps have somewhat similar tuning. Thanks!

Nov 28, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #165 of 166
What bass shelf have people put in for the LCD-5 after the Audeze preset in Roon? Something like 100hz +1.5db?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back