Audeze CRBN Interview, Review, Measurements
Jun 21, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #1,426 of 1,893
I can move my head now, can open my mouth and there are no farts.
I’m sure your friends appreciate that. But seriously glad they fixed the issue. My pair only has a minor issue. But I am curious if the problem will return in time. Keep us updated.

Jun 25, 2022 at 8:19 PM Post #1,427 of 1,893
Volume is not the issue.
The review is saying the bass is not well controlled until the volume is at very loud levels. Did you watch the clip?
he dodnt say the bass is not well controlled, he said the "magic" didnt happen until the volume was turned up. otherwise he said the bass could sound "light" not uncontrolled, I find the same thing on the stax and it probably happens due to the fact that treble sounds dont increase in apparant volume as much as the bass as the volume is raised -- I think it is a "feature" of the sound response of our ears, especially as you get older

Jun 26, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #1,428 of 1,893
he dodnt say the bass is not well controlled, he said the "magic" didnt happen until the volume was turned up. otherwise he said the bass could sound "light" not uncontrolled, I find the same thing on the stax and it probably happens due to the fact that treble sounds dont increase in apparant volume as much as the bass as the volume is raised -- I think it is a "feature" of the sound response of our ears, especially as you get older

The CRBN's bass is definitely well controlled (if by controlled we mean tight and accurate, which is how I usually see it used) at all sound levels with the BHSE. But the bass is a bit softer/lighter on impact and to a degree perceived quantity with other quality amps. I find this to be the case with the BHSE across the board, and is the one thing that can be improved with it. If that's what he's referring to, it makes total sense.

Jul 5, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #1,431 of 1,893
Does this mean the CRBN Reveal EQ will be coming to Roon shortly?

Jul 5, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #1,432 of 1,893
Does this mean the CRBN Reveal EQ will be coming to Roon shortly?
No need to wait for that. Bob laid it all out in his review. Two minutes with the parametric EQ in Roon and you're there. At least you can see right away if his settings are to your liking.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #1,433 of 1,893
Here is a detailed writeup by Bob Katz on CRBN and also how Bob Katz, Aron Gandia and Gary Cole arrived at the EQ curve and the reference tracks they used for evaluation.
There is also a part 2 that will be published latter.

https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/audeze-crbn-electrostatic-headphones/

What does 18dB slope means, is this a low shelf of 18dB around 12,4Hz? And shift does this mean high shelf? I wanted to test it with Neutron Player EQ but don't know how to get the parameter translated to it.

Jul 6, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #1,434 of 1,893
Itst does 18dB slope means, is this a low shelf of 18dB around 12,4Hz? And shift does this mean high shelf? I wanted to test it with Neutron Player EQ but don't know how to get the parameter translated to it.

What does 18dB slope means, is this a low shelf of 18dB around 12,4Hz? And shift does this mean high shelf? I wanted to test it with Neutron Player EQ but don't know how to get the parameter translated to it.
It's a high pass filter with an 18db per octave slope for bass excursion protection.

Jul 9, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #1,436 of 1,893
Here my settings for volumio (from Bob Katz) :

The best headphone even a bit better!
Audeze_CRBN_Bob_Katz_EQ.png

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #1,437 of 1,893
Trance....aren't those Bob Katz's settings? They look familiar. I was curious how they'd sound with them.

Jul 9, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #1,438 of 1,893
Trance....aren't those Bob Katz's settings? They look familiar. I was curious how they'd sound with them.
Oh sorry yes that's Bob settings I have translate them in volumio.
Sounds good. But I also like the stock sound. Bass is good as much as possible. Stock is a bit airier.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #1,440 of 1,893
BHSE, CRBN & STAX 009 $10K, Interested?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back